Sponsored

Whipple Stage 2 Dyno with Longtubes

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
To be honest, I drive around like a grandma on a daily basis lol, although i occasionally lay into it every now and then I tend to ease into the pull from a lower RPM to avoid breaking the tires loose.
Haha, I do too. Just waiting for some unsuspecting victim to try something but it never happens
Sponsored

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
What temps are you rolling into 2nd and barely blowing the tires off?
I had some mickey street comps that cant hold fucking third with similar power levels.
Wonder if these MPSS I just picked up will be any better when the temps warm a bit.
If i could have 2nd gear that'd be tits!
I had the car out sat night around 11 pm and it was 37 deg outside. I have the MPSS up front 285 35 19 and they are a pretty hard compound as the treadwear is pretty high on them I doubt they would hook better than a P ZERO as they have a low treadwear which makes them softer. You may get better traction due to the wider tire but IMO nothing will beat the M/T drag radial SS they have a very soft compound, but if you drive in the rain they won't be your safest option.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Good stuff. What boost does that pulley produce?

I'm on 305/30/20 G2's and they don't hook at all. Really need drag radials, but I'm waiting until I have a commuter.

rakin.it.in

Stallion Kings
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Haha I PM'd him the same question. I would love 555R in 19". I've strongly considered AM 20" in the rear and leaving the 19s up front to be able to go 555R. I have heard plenty of stories of even MPSS not doing too well at these power levels and I believe it. I can rip the NT05Rs in 2nd no problem.
I love my setup with the AM 20s and NT555R in the back. Running the 19" G2's up front with 1" spacers. Only issue is their damn AM center cap.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

I'm on 305/30/20 G2's and they don't hook at all. Really need drag radials, but I'm waiting until I have a commuter.
At sea level the 3.625 will produce 12 psi with the stock manifolds and cats. I always thought one would lose 1 psi for running long tubes and no cats, but the OP'S dyno sheet shows just under 12 psi but I believe he has cats so maybe without them you may lose that 1 psi.

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I think its possible as well that not all dyno MAP sensor will have super accurate readings and can vary some as well. As far as loosing boost from open exhaust like headers or high flow cats or no cats this is a good loss. Less restriction less boost but more flow and more power at the same supercharger pulley combo and speeds.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
At sea level the 3.625 will produce 12 psi with the stock manifolds and cats. I always thought one would lose 1 psi for running long tubes and no cats, but the OP'S dyno sheet shows just under 12 psi but I believe he has cats so maybe without them you may lose that 1 psi.
Doh. Shoulda looked at the dyno. Now I feel like a dumbass.

I think its possible as well that not all dyno MAP sensor will have super accurate readings and can vary some as well. As far as loosing boost from open exhaust like headers or high flow cats or no cats this is a good loss. Less restriction less boost but more flow and more power at the same supercharger pulley combo and speeds.
I agree. People said the boss intake caused lower boost readings as well, but my gauge still shows 10ish on the stock paxton pulley.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I don't even have a boost gauge in my car the only way you would have an issue is belt slip or if the belt broke and you would hear both. From everything I read long tubes and no cats through full 3 inch exhaust was worth 25 - 30 rwhp, I went with the Corsa extreme cat back and I like the way it sounds with the stock cats. Not to mention I don't like to smell hydrocarbons when idling at a light with the windows down which is what you would get with no cats. The cost and hassle involved in putting in the long tubes just didn't seem worth it to me, however if my cats ever fail I may be singing a different tune.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I don't even have a boost gauge in my car the only way you would have an issue is belt slip or if the belt broke and you would hear both. From everything I read long tubes and no cats through full 3 inch exhaust was worth 25 - 30 rwhp, I went with the Corsa extreme cat back and I like the way it sounds with the stock cats. Not to mention I don't like to smell hydrocarbons when idling at a light with the windows down which is what you would get with no cats. The cost and hassle involved in putting in the long tubes just didn't seem worth it to me, however if my cats ever fail I may be singing a different tune.
E85 makes the no cat exhaust smell 10000x better.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
nice!!!

e85 will def wake it up

hit me up with any questions you have on making the swap

Sponsored
OP
OP
alrodri8

alrodri8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

It should produce 11#s with the longtubes. I believe the bottom reading on the dyno is AFR not boost.

OP
OP
alrodri8

alrodri8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
nice!!!

e85 will def wake it up

hit me up with any questions you have on making the swap
Will definitely be hitting you up for some E85 questions sometime this summer beef!
Sponsored