Sponsored

Whipple Owners: What would you do differently?

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
Anyone think stage 2 is just too much power. I know i know there is never enough power, but honestly over 800hp flywheel is kinda rediculous for a street car. Also the engine life reduction.
Street car that is drag-able....I didn't even receive mine and changed my order to the smaller pulley. It's not like everyone drives around using all of this power all of the time. But on occasion, it is nice to have it on tap. I agree with the longevity if we beat on them all the time. However, after reading hundreds and hundreds of threads in here and other forums, I am not seeing many blown engines. The few that did may not of have even been related to Forced induction but rather a defect in the engine.

If a Whipple Stage 1, and stage two happen to cross paths, I do not want to be the one in the stage 1! hahahahahah
Sponsored

Last edited:

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
And when a Stage 2 car and an E85 car cross paths....I don't want to be the Stage 2 car. hahahaha.

hahaahahah, see....never is enough! :cheers:

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP
At any point, most streetable setups (under 1000whp IMO) you become used to the power. I'm running just shy of 700whp today, and daily drive it. I feel like I'm so used to it now, that I've been thinking about building a spare motor to run 15psi and 100 octane or e85. Shooting for that 1000whp mark. It's never enough, but it's damn fun the whole time.

Sponsored

rakin.it.in

Stallion Kings
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Old thread but I'd share my thoughts.

1. Go with 10 rib setup: Benefit with the damper and better belt grip
2. Install OPG/ TG prior or during Whipple Install
3. Install whipple myself
4. Purchased 3.625" pulley from the start. However, a 3.750 would be beneficial for long drives
5. Check to see if Ford dealer sells and install so you retain your warranty. Power and drivetrain are voided now.

Other than that, loving my Stage 2 kit!

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I know the Whipple community is a strong one and everyone loves their Whipple, so I'm not going to ask if you'd go a different route. Pretty confident I know that answer.

What am I curious about for those who own it, what would you do differently? What do you wish you had done or not done?

If you were buying a Whipple today, what would you do?
-I would've made more time so I could've done the OPG/CS then. No issues but it would've been nice to just get it done.
-Smaller pulley
-Document the install better to show people how easy it really was.

Should have taken the extra rubber floor mat out before I went WOT.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49863
Geezus man. I don't know how I missed this but I'm glad nothing terrible came of that.
Anyone think stage 2 is just too much power. I know i know there is never enough power, but honestly over 800hp flywheel is kinda rediculous for a street car. Also the engine life reduction.
I haven't had any issues over the past 7,000 miles. I drive extremely normal on the street, though.

Boosted5.0_NY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium w/ Performance Package
I would have purchased the fan upgrade kit and selected the 3.625" pulley right from the start. Other than that, totally happy with the Whipple!

Going to install fans before the summer hits and keeping my eyes open for a smaller pulley.

rs7337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem & 1968 Mustang coupe
Old thread but I'd share my thoughts.

1. Go with 10 rib setup: Benefit with the damper and better belt grip
2. Install OPG/ TG prior or during Whipple Install
3. Install whipple myself
4. Purchased 3.625" pulley from the start. However, a 3.750 would be beneficial for long drives
5. Check to see if Ford dealer sells and install so you retain your warranty. Power and drivetrain are voided now.

Other than that, loving my Stage 2 kit!

why is 3.75 beneficial for long drive?

rs7337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem & 1968 Mustang coupe
i would change nothing except doing OPG and Cg at time of whipple install or before.. either way its just a few more bolts.
even if you dont spring for the OPG and CG... Do, I repeat Do get an ATI balancer

i would probably not do the fans for $400 as i am about to remove mine and swap them out for a pull through design...

rakin.it.in

Stallion Kings
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
why is 3.75 beneficial for long drive?
California = Crummy 91 octane at the pumps. I'm currently running the 3.625 but I maintain 93 oct or better in the tank by mixing 91 with 100 octane
Sponsored