Sponsored

Trade numbers, 2017 GT PP

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
I am looking at either an F150, newer CRV or something along those lines. Its a big change from the GT but I need something that I can carry larger stuff in as well as at least get down gravel/ dirt roads often to places.

I really like my GT and it fit my needs great when I first picked up it but with life, things change and its time for this to go. I have two complaints about the car and one is also a pushing factor to get rid of it. The clutch I cant stand. Its inconsistent, its hard to feel the engagement point and I get ticked off at it since half the time I drive, I feel like Ive never driven a manual before although Ive driven them for almost ten years now.

Ive read about what I can do to help the clutch feel but I do not want to blow a bunch of money on mods that may or may not actually help it. My game plan is to get rid of this, and buy a F body WS6 with a T56 to have fun with.

I remember you talking about the clutch now. I couldn't remember if you were the same one, but I had the same issue. We talked in another thread. I will say now with 2400 miles on mine it has become much more consistent. I'm no clutch expert, but I feel like maybe with the clutch being designed with some power in mind it may have taken longer to smooth out upon engagement. It felt like it was biting too hard, and it's now about just right. This car still takes a bit of thought between shifts, but I am glad it is finally getting easier.

Of course none of that will help with carrying large items.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I have two complaints about the car and one is also a pushing factor to get rid of it. The clutch I cant stand. Its inconsistent, its hard to feel the engagement point and I get ticked off at it since half the time I drive, I feel like Ive never driven a manual before although Ive driven them for almost ten years now.

Ive read about what I can do to help the clutch feel but I do not want to blow a bunch of money on mods that may or may not actually help it.

Sounds like you're committed to sell, *but* if you wanted to improve the clutch feel and not spend a ton of money:

Remove the clutch assist spring: free

Replace OEM CAS with Steeda part: $14.95 (see link)

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-clutch-spring-assist-35-lb-in-15-16-all-555-7022.html

:)

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
For me it was a combination of the Steeda spring/perch and simply driving it for a while to get used to the clutch feel. My shifts are smooth and predictable now. Thanks to the forum for turning me on to the Steeda spring. I also added a pedal extension at the same time so I can sit farther back. The combo really improves the driveability.

AlexhadanM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Blue
You did well! Especially on a model with a 36.9k msrp and assuming you didn't pay sticker? Maybe it's a Cali thing? Here on the east coast, with the incentives offered right now you can pick up a new base GT PP for 31k.
I paid $32,500 but I got it when they first came out back in September.

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Anyone have any evidence that the 2015 GT's are taking a big hit?

-Emt1581

Sponsored

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
http://www.koons.com/new/Ford/2017-Ford-Mustang-for-sale-baltimore-washington-dc-86e359f00a0e0a6b1b4f73a545552c2e.htm

With current incentives the GT's are about $25k (adding owner loyalty, private cash, and either college student/first resp./mil) You linked to a page filled with $24.5k. Is $500-$1000 in two years considered a big hit?

-Emt1581
Most of those 15's were purchased close to MSRP when 6g first came out... 43k to 25k is somewhat a big hit but again if you are buying a new car at MSRP it is expected...

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most of those 15's were purchased close to MSRP when 6g first came out... 43k to 25k is somewhat a big hit but again if you are buying a new car at MSRP it is expected...
Oh ok, I see where you're coming from.

Kinda like everyone getting all hot and bothered about the 18's. They'll pay near MSRP for them and then in a couple years, see a decent amount of depreciation.

-Emt1581

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
Oh ok, I see where you're coming from.

Kinda like everyone getting all hot and bothered about the 18's. They'll pay near MSRP for them and then in a couple years, see a decent amount of depreciation.

-Emt1581
I got my GT Premium close to 10k off MSRP (it was a leftover form previous year) and after driving it for a year was able to trade it in for 2.5k less than what I paid for. Even that was a push and most dealers were offering 2-3k less than what I got for my trade in.

If you want to be the first guy to have the newest toys around, you are going to pay the that luxury tax on it...

Sponsored

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got my GT Premium close to 10k off MSRP (it was a leftover form previous year) and after driving it for a year was able to trade it in for 2.5k less than what I paid for. Even that was a push and most dealers were offering 2-3k less than what I got for my trade in.

If you want to be the first guy to have the newest toys around, you are going to pay the that luxury tax on it...
See I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I'm cheap. I'd rather wait a while until the price comes down and the bugs are worked out and then take advantage of every discount I can to end up with a great product at the best price.

I'm used to not having the latest whiz-bang. I was the last of my friends to get a smart phone, we still have basic cable, and my 02 Forester has a tape deck. So when I buy a 17, it'll be light years ahead of anything else I've driven.

Judging from the prices the 11-14's still fetch, I also won't take much of a hit on depreciation, at least until the 20's come out.

I appreciate the clarification though. I was confused about what depreciation everyone kept whining about in the past, because I just wasn't seeing it. Now I completely understand.

Thanks

-Emt1581

OP
OP
guncrazy72

guncrazy72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP black on black
Sounds like you're committed to sell, *but* if you wanted to improve the clutch feel and not spend a ton of money:

Remove the clutch assist spring: free

Replace OEM CAS with Steeda part: $14.95 (see link)

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-clutch-spring-assist-35-lb-in-15-16-all-555-7022.html

:)
I did this my first or second week of owning the car. Now, with over 6000 miles, it is still the same sadly. I really do like the car but the clutch just ticks me off so often that it makes me not enjoy driving it. The only time it really only shifts smoothly is above 4k RPMs. Just DDing is not smooth.

OP
OP
guncrazy72

guncrazy72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP black on black
I'm the opposite in big purchases. I never buy something without researching to the end of the world. My wife would kill me if I bought a new car and wanted to get rid of it 4 months later.
I read for roughly two months before making my purchase. I knew the issues and what people were changing getting into it. I wasnt a big fan of the clutch while test driving but loved the car and the power. I figured I would learn the clutch more and better with the Steeda spring but, didnt smooth out.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I am looking at either an F150, newer CRV or something along those lines. Its a big change from the GT but I need something that I can carry larger stuff in as well as at least get down gravel/ dirt roads often to places.

I really like my GT and it fit my needs great when I first picked up it but with life, things change and its time for this to go. I have two complaints about the car and one is also a pushing factor to get rid of it. The clutch I cant stand. Its inconsistent, its hard to feel the engagement point and I get ticked off at it since half the time I drive, I feel like Ive never driven a manual before although Ive driven them for almost ten years now.

Ive read about what I can do to help the clutch feel but I do not want to blow a bunch of money on mods that may or may not actually help it. My game plan is to get rid of this, and buy a F body WS6 with a T56 to have fun with.
Keep the GT and get a used F-150. I just got a 2006 F-150, Super crew with the 5.4 Triton V8 with 125,000 miles, in excellent shape, runs excellent. It was a one owner who traded it in on a new Lexus SUV. Now my GT get's to be a weekend toy and i get to keep the DD mileage off of it now. Keep the GT and get the used F-150 - Win/win.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I did this my first or second week of owning the car. Now, with over 6000 miles, it is still the same sadly. I really do like the car but the clutch just ticks me off so often that it makes me not enjoy driving it. The only time it really only shifts smoothly is above 4k RPMs. Just DDing is not smooth.
Weird, sounds like something is *broke*.

This is not my first manual, I've had huge HP Supra, RX7s, Z3, 3 manual Corvette's including a Z06, and an S2000 (missing a few but you get the point). I find my '16 GT with the Perf Package with the Steeda spring swap pretty fantastic - is there room for improvement? Sure, but I creep around town all the time under 3K without any issues.

Good luck with your future buying/selling :)
Sponsored