Sponsored

Where are your next events?

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
If you want to run the course, hit up ARPCA's track events. Best instructors, just ask for me... Got an event later in the summer

When you get the stang, if you need warranty work, hit me up at Moon Ford.
Ask for brad.
I've ran the course before but that was before they expanded the track. I have driven around the full course since but not in performance mode. I work corners sometimes with Steel Cities SCCA and get to drive and park out behind the barriers. The old course is called the north track, new is the south track. I plan to do a couple PDE's this year and hope to do one on each. I don't think they will do any PDE's on the full course because they'd have to have more corner workers then.

I'll have to keep you in mind for work on my car. I don't like Washington Ford and Moon is close enough for me.
Sponsored

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
I do side work as well.
I believe there are a few PDE's this year that are full course, but they are poorly run, so I usually don't waste my money.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Besides test days before a race, does anyone offer track days where you do not have to give or receive point bys?

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car
Besides test days before a race, does anyone offer track days where you do not have to give or receive point bys?
Most NASA HPDE 4 do not require point byes along with TT. My question is what do you have against Point Byes in a DE format.

Peter

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
Rezoom events near you do not require point by's but at that point, just go racing. Point by's keep things safe, and if you're at a well run event, your group should be fairly even.

Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most NASA HPDE 4 do not require point byes along with TT. My question is what do you have against Point Byes in a DE format.

Peter
After racing SCCA for years I'm just used to not having that requirement. A friend at Jzilla had a 911 driver give him a hard time because he did not give him a point by in 10a and 10b at Road Atlanta. For those not familiar, at that point on the track you tend to be a little busy with both hands on the wheel.

On the straights, no problem. In corners, yer gonna have to wait.

c_reber

REB3R
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
`16 Mustang GT (PP), `15 X5 50i
April 1&2 Chuckwalla Raceway, Team Topak
April 15th (if I can get off work) Buttonwillow Raceway, Global Time Attack
April 22 Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch, Speedventures

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After racing SCCA for years I'm just used to not having that requirement. A friend at Jzilla had a 911 driver give him a hard time because he did not give him a point by in 10a and 10b at Road Atlanta. For those not familiar, at that point on the track you tend to be a little busy with both hands on the wheel.

On the straights, no problem. In corners, yer gonna have to wait.
Lots of groups do Point bye passing in turns as well as straights. I won't run with any group that does not allow passing anywhere on track with a point bye. The reason for point bye is to acknowledge the car being passed he has seen you!!! Open passing without point bye means you might initiate a pass of a car who didnt see you and turn in on you and cut you off. Remember HPDE is not racing but drivers education. As for both hands on the wheel most groups allow the use of turn signals to indicate the side you are to pass on, this is a god send when I take the FR-S to the track and get freight trained on the straights :lol: Yes I had an SCCA comp license in my younger years.

Peter

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of groups do Point bye passing in turns as well as straights. I won't run with any group that does not allow passing anywhere on track with a point bye. The reason for point bye is to acknowledge the car being passed he has seen you!!! Open passing without point bye means you might initiate a pass of a car who didnt see you and turn in on you and cut you off. Remember HPDE is not racing but drivers education. As for both hands on the wheel most groups allow the use of turn signals to indicate the side you are to pass on, this is a god send when I take the FR-S to the track and get freight trained on the straights :lol: Yes I had an SCCA comp license in my younger years.

Peter
The turn signals would make it easy. Unfortunately he runs a Radical Prosport that only has a rain light.

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The turn signals would make it easy. Unfortunately he runs a Radical Prosport that only has a rain light.
Yep low and FAASST it is tough to see them coming in a tin top. With arm restraints no good way to give point bye but I doubt that was much of an issue :lol:

Peter

Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep low and FAASST it is tough to see them coming in a tin top.
It's less than 2" off the ground, runs Hoosier 8" and 10" slicks, weighs 1140# with driver and runs a 177WHP Hayabusa. :eek:

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
So why run a race car in DE events instead of races?
And then complain about having to follow typical DE rules?

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So why run a race car in DE events instead of races?
And then complain about having to follow typical DE rules?
First time in car and first time car on track since being built. Shakeout did not go well resulting in seriously reduced lap times and frustration from being bitched at by the 911 driver.

I told him to do test days at Road Atlanta before SCCA events (much like SCCA TT, but no one is keeping your time), but he would not listen. :doh:

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yes, the SCCA events, even TT will generally have 1 or 2 Formula car, Sport Racer run groups where he won't be held up by production cars.

Though the SCCA TT's require point by's, I've never had much issue with it. You can always drive through the pits to get some seperation if someone refuses to look in the mirror.

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
Yes, the SCCA events, even TT will generally have 1 or 2 Formula car, Sport Racer run groups where he won't be held up by production cars.

Though the SCCA TT's require point by's, I've never had much issue with it. You can always drive through the pits to get some seperation if someone refuses to look in the mirror.
the mark of a true DE master. Thank you for being smarter than most out there. Too many people say its not a race, then have to beat everyone at the local DE.
Sponsored