Sponsored

Trade numbers, 2017 GT PP

guncrazy72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP black on black
Its time to move onto something else. I bought my 2017 GT PP in NOV and am trying to see what kind of trade in numbers I should be seeing. I know they are taking a massive hit on depreciation already.

What kind of numbers should I expect? The car is a 17 GT PP MT82 of course, black with a Roush axle back and tint. Everything else is stock and the car has 6600 miles on it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
guncrazy72

guncrazy72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ive checked KKB and NADA. I know those numbers already but dealers do not always follow those numbers. Just wanted to see what some 16/17s had been selling for used.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Check some of the used car sites like cars.com and autotrader. When you see something comparable deduct a couple of thousand and you might be in the ballpark. Why do you want to trade it so soon?

Sponsored

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Guna get raped no lube son lol espically with new ones going for cheap

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Its time to move onto something else. I bought my 2017 GT PP in NOV and am trying to see what kind of trade in numbers I should be seeing. I know they are taking a massive hit on depreciation already.

What kind of numbers should I expect? The car is a 17 GT PP MT82 of course, black with a Roush axle back and tint. Everything else is stock and the car has 6600 miles on it.
Not sure what hit you're talking about. The used with <10k 2015's w/PP are listed at $27k-ish. New they're $28k-$29k depending on what incentives you qualify for. In both cased figure another $2k-$3k for taxes/fees/etc. buying from a dealer.

Dealers buy under black book and sell under blue book. But at the end of the day, whatever a dealer or buyer is willing to pay is what you're going to get. Ask around in your area. Hell, take it to a carmax and see what they say. Doesn't cost you anything.

-Emt1581

PIsenhour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Dark Matter Gray Metallic
On trades most dealers I've dealt with don't use Blue book or NADA. They go by auction rates which are even lower. Just be prepared to take a heavy hit.

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
If I may ask, What are you looking to replace it with? Any issues with it?

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
Check blue book, very easy on kbb.com

Better to sell it privately than to do a trade.

In my area blue book is for grossly uneducated when it comes time to sell a car and they are leaving money on the table.

Edmunds was better for me on the past 3 vehicles I have sold.

Hell my 97 E320 I sold with 70k miles and in 90% or better shape, typical KBB fashion had it listed as like 3k dollars as top condition. Yeah I sold it for 4500. Edmunds was much closer.

I tend to weed out the tire kicking lowballer scum when they start throwing around KBB and telling me what a car is worth unseen.

Sponsored

AlexhadanM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Blue
Here are the trade numbers I got when I went to sell my 2017 Mustang GT base W/ Performance pack with 8k miles

Carmax: $28,000
Ford dealer: $25,000
Other shops: 24k-27k

I sold it private party for $31,000

Dsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP LB
Here are the trade numbers I got when I went to sell my 2017 Mustang GT base W/ Performance pack with 8k miles

Carmax: $28,000
Ford dealer: $25,000
Other shops: 24k-27k

I sold it private party for $31,000
You did well! Especially on a model with a 36.9k msrp and assuming you didn't pay sticker? Maybe it's a Cali thing? Here on the east coast, with the incentives offered right now you can pick up a new base GT PP for 31k.

Last edited:

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
Jesus christ lol, not that I'm gonna knock anyone's decision to do what they're gonna do. But damn, didn't hold on to that car for very long lol. I see this frequently enough that I wonder how some people are affording to burn through brand new cars so frequently lol. But, I guess if something isn't for you then why settle for being stuck with it too, right?

My advice would be to hold on to it long enough to sell privately. You'll recoup more than what the dealer will give you. Although I guess trading in to the dealer has the merit of them rolling your remaining loan balance owed over to your new loan, so there's the weighing in of that too.

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
On trades most dealers I've dealt with don't use Blue book or NADA. They go by auction rates which are even lower. Just be prepared to take a heavy hit.
In the NE, it's called Galves. You have to pay $10 to use it for a week.

OP
OP
guncrazy72

guncrazy72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I may ask, What are you looking to replace it with? Any issues with it?
I am looking at either an F150, newer CRV or something along those lines. Its a big change from the GT but I need something that I can carry larger stuff in as well as at least get down gravel/ dirt roads often to places.

I really like my GT and it fit my needs great when I first picked up it but with life, things change and its time for this to go. I have two complaints about the car and one is also a pushing factor to get rid of it. The clutch I cant stand. Its inconsistent, its hard to feel the engagement point and I get ticked off at it since half the time I drive, I feel like Ive never driven a manual before although Ive driven them for almost ten years now.

Ive read about what I can do to help the clutch feel but I do not want to blow a bunch of money on mods that may or may not actually help it. My game plan is to get rid of this, and buy a F body WS6 with a T56 to have fun with.
Sponsored