Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

nhgaudreau

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I was just at a dealer who sold their R in November at $25K over and it's still sitting in the showroom because it can't be delivered.
Why can't it be delivered? The oil hose clamp thing? Can't they fix that pretty easily? (I'm still kind of new to this)
Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Why can't it be delivered? The oil hose clamp thing? Can't they fix that pretty easily? (I'm still kind of new to this)
Yes
The car is part of a formal recall process and cannot be released until repaired and documented under that recall process. 8000 cars involved.

nhgaudreau

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Yes
The car is part of a formal recall process and cannot be released until repaired and documented under that recall process. 8000 cars involved.
That's a bummer. Does that mean my April delivery date might get pushed?

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
After this big delay, I hope Ford doubles production of the 2018 GT350 R to make up for lost time and sales.

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
That's a bummer. Does that mean my April delivery date might get pushed?
You should probably read the very first post in this thread, or the thread title lol

nhgaudreau

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
You should probably read the very first post in this thread, or the thread title lol
Okay sassy pants. You're not helping.

If the recall is fixable, Ford COULD fix it before delivery.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)

It states right on the first post the range of dates of affected vehicles... should be easy to deduce from there that vehicles produced outside of that range, i.e like yours, are not affected, and therefore won't be delayed due to any recall since it is not affected by said recall.

Guessing you still didn't read that first post :headbonk: :lol:

nhgaudreau

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
It states right on the first post the range of dates of affected vehicles... should be easy to deduce from there that vehicles produced outside of that range, i.e like yours, are not affected, and therefore won't be delayed due to any recall since it is not affected by said recall.

Alright, thanks. :thumbsup:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Or any of the hundreds in between that state Ford should be fixing already sold cars instead of building new ones

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
After this big delay, I hope Ford doubles production of the 2018 GT350 R to make up for lost time and sales.
Haaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

Dude rule number one, ford doesn't give a shit. Owners of the GT350 have been waiting for nearly 4 months. And any dealer that has them on hand can not sell them either. If ford really cared it wouldn't take 4+ months to get the fix. The replacement hoses will not be available until 2nd quarter according to the phone call I had with ford.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Dude rule number one, ford doesn't give a shit. Owners of the GT350 have been waiting for nearly 4 months. And any dealer that has them on hand can not sell them either. If ford really cared it wouldn't take 4+ months to get the fix. The replacement hoses will not be available until 2nd quarter according to the phone call I had with ford.
WHAT???

Who at Ford? What explanation did they give? Are we getting updated written notification? :frusty::doh::eyebulge::headbonk::rant::shocked:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
WHAT???

Who at Ford? What explanation did they give? Are we getting updated written notification? :frusty::doh::eyebulge::headbonk::rant::shocked:
Please see post 590. You read it right my friend.

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
The weather is so awesome in the Midwest, I decided to take the GT350 out of hibernation this weekend.

Went on a few "spirited" drives so far...Plenty of hard launches and 8k RPM romps.

Guess what...I'm still alive, smiles from ear to ear. Car is fine, didn't lose a hose or burn to the ground. Recall, ha. ;)

P.S. I can listen to this exhaust all day long. Drive and enjoy your cars guys.
Sponsored