Sponsored

Ford Racing ProCal Tune

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Wow, that seems kind of hard to believe doesn't it.
I don't want to believe it, but even if it is true, I can just install the ford performance intake later or sell it for cheap and get a better fit one.

I just don't like the idea of cutting off a piece of the intake tube to fit it.
Sponsored

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/2015-Mustang-I4-Cold-Air-Kit.html

Even here, it says "Increased performance by +29.6 RWHP and +27.89 ft-lbs RWTQ with no calibration required!"

But in the description it says "potential power". Not sure if this is all spin or not. Maybe it's just true that the stang is air hungry when the turbos are at full spool.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I started with the suspension. I will never take the car to the track to race it. I wanted the suspension to make the car predictable and fun on the back roads. The first time I came out of a corner hard and the back end started hopping around, I called Steeda and started working it out. I have quite a list of mods done to the suspension and stayed with Steeda so the parts were designed and engineered to work together. If you go that route, I highly suggest starting by talking with [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] . Tell him what you want out of the car and he can point you in the right direction so you're not just throwing money and parts at it.

As eager as I was to get rid of the FP open air intake, now I'm going to keep it. I have the Cervini's Stalker hood and they recently released a functional duct for the scoop to direct the air right over top off that intake. I still need to work out the issue of the intake tube being too long.
Stalker1.jpg

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I have a hard time believing that you can get 30HP just from a CAI on a turbo car. If the engine is that air starved stock, you would think Ford would take that "free" HP just by redesigning the air box. Adam from Tune+ has stated repeatedly that the stock air box flows plenty of air for this engine and all the gains come from tuning and stuff like WGA.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I have a hard time believing that you can get 30HP just from a CAI on a turbo car. If the engine is that air starved stock, you would think Ford would take that "free" HP just by redesigning the air box. Adam from Tune+ has stated repeatedly that the stock air box flows plenty of air for this engine and all the gains come from tuning and stuff like WGA.
I agree completely. While I don't think they're lying, I think they are being very creative with the wording. Sure, 30 HP if you... Definitely not getting 30HP from simply installing an open air intake though.

Sponsored

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
jbailer, your car looks sexy as hell. Are all those after market installations on the body? Hood, grill, side paneling?

speedfrk, thank you for the clarification. I am suspended in disbelief from these sites.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
thank you for the clarification. I am suspended in disbelief from these sites.
When I first started looking for parts for my car, I was surprised that I could get up to 10000 hp just by replacing the cai, exuast, etc. All before a tune!!!! :D

I need to find a website that lists the potential consequences of whatever mod you place on your car.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
jbailer, your car looks sexy as hell. Are all those after market installations on the body? Hood, grill, side paneling?
Mostly yes and all from Cervini's. The hood and side scoops are from their Stalker series. I have their chin spoiler but stock grill for the EB PP w/50 year APP. I added the lit pony from Ford to the grill. I also have the Cervini pedestal rear spoiler. Thanks for the compliment!

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
If it sounds like a leaf blower, that's your own fault.

I would like to get my EB to the power levels my GT had after the Mach 1 motor swap- 300whp/331wtq (at sea level and 93 octane). But given my altitude and lack of octane available, I think it's out of reach, lol.
I understand your point. I will likely do this in a year or two after 36k. Likely add a intercooler, with something like a stage 2 that cobb offers. If a pro-tuner can convince me over 320 whp on stock internals I might go for it. Not sure if Adam or JDM can do one that limits it around 300 whp to give me some room before melting a piston or blowing a rod.

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I understand your point. I will likely do this in a year or two after 36k. Likely add a intercooler, with something like a stage 2 that cobb offers. If a pro-tuner can convince me over 320 whp on stock internals I might go for it. Not sure if Adam or JDM can do one that limits it around 300 whp to give me some room before melting a piston or blowing a rod.
I believe 350whp is the safe limit on 91/93 octane. 420ish whp on E30/E85.
I've read this a few times.

Don't get to sucked into chasing numbers, that's an endless pit you'll go down. Just get the car to where it feels how you want and call it a day.

Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I agree completely. While I don't think they're lying, I think they are being very creative with the wording. Sure, 30 HP if you... Definitely not getting 30HP from simply installing an open air intake though.
So, after thinking about this, maybe they are comparing a stock EB running 87 gas and then, after they add the CAI, 93 miraculously appeared in the tank. That would account for 30HP.

BTW, I really like the side scoops on your car and I'm thinking of getting them. How do they attach- double-sided tape? Are they nice and secure with minimal gaps? I hate stuff that looks "stuck on".

technocrat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red EB Premium
I just installed my tune today and so far enjoying it. The dealership gave me the option of installing it myself or having them install it.
Congrats on getting the FP tune & thanks for sharing your experience.

Which Dealership did you deal with in NJ for this?

I might go this route in future :)

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
BTW, I really like the side scoops on your car and I'm thinking of getting them. How do they attach- double-sided tape? Are they nice and secure with minimal gaps? I hate stuff that looks "stuck on".
Thanks Curt! Check out this thread http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70523. They fit great, no gaps at all and are very secure. Through the winter, I drive it through a high pressure touchless car wash. I had Roush side scoops but when Cervini showed these, I had to have them. I think they go much better with the body lines of the car. Oh and yes, they stick on like all the others with 2-sided tape.

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
Don't get to sucked into chasing numbers, that's an endless pit you'll go down. Just get the car to where it feels how you want and call it a day.
10 yrs ago I worked for a shop that had a chassis dyno. We would get guys in there all the time chasing numbers. Sad thing was, guys would put down a big number on the dyno, go to the track and run less than impressive times.
Sponsored