Sponsored

Longtubes Pypes Install???

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
So Im in the process of adding pypes stainless stepped headers, can somone confirm me if I need to lift the motor for this?
Sponsored

mm2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I had my pypes installed by someone local (live in apartment, no jacks). He told me he did have to unbolt the mounts and lift it slightly. Just use some 2x4's under a jack and you'll be able to get it out of the way.

He also told me they cut a wrench in half to get to one of the bolts, but am unsure. Tighten the shit out of the resonator to mid-pipe connection bolts. Mine have gotten loose a couple times. Only complaint.

OP
OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
I had my pypes installed by someone local (live in apartment, no jacks). He told me he did have to unbolt the mounts and lift it slightly. Just use some 2x4's under a jack and you'll be able to get it out of the way.

He also told me they cut a wrench in half to get to one of the bolts, but am unsure. Tighten the shit out of the resonator to mid-pipe connection bolts. Mine have gotten loose a couple times. Only complaint.
Do you know if they used stock gaskets and studs?

mm2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I honestly cannot remember. Had it done over a year ago. Sorry can't help you there.

OP
OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
I honestly cannot remember. Had it done over a year ago. Sorry can't help you there.
I did reuse my stock studs and gaskets, what a pita to get to the studs and fasten the nuts, cant waint to fire her up!!!

Sponsored

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So Im in the process of adding pypes stainless stepped headers, can somone confirm me if I need to lift the motor for this?
You'll need to support the engine since you'll have to remove the motor mounts, which means lifting the engine slightly to get those out.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Definitely reuse the stock manifold gaskets, and you will reuse some of the studs but not all. Certain areas around the longtubes can be too tight to be able to fit on the studs so you will need to use the bolts that should be included with the headers. On the driver's side I reused all the studs but on the passenger side I removed all but two of the original studs, and this was on two different brand headers that I've installed on S550's.

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I was able to reuse all the stock studs on my pypes headers, just take a little extra time.

OP
OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Finished install
IMG_0322.jpg

OP
OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
I reused all the studs and stock gaskets , had to make a custom wrench to, and the right side hit the ac line bolt, but I was able to cut it from above with a saw. Overall fitment was great , one complain is that one side header sits lower on the collector then the other, and I did push it as far up as I could before torquing the nuts down but sits lower then the frame so lets see if It hits the bumps or not, but I have O/R hpipe roush ab, its sounds mean, really loud to!!!

Sponsored

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
How long did it take you to do the install and how many people helping? They look good!

OP
OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
How long did it take you to do the install and how many people helping? They look good!
Took me about 9hrs and a guy helping aboit 25% of the time, but overall install was pretty straight forward but its alot more involved and time consuming than what I wished for but totally worth it

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
I'm about to purchase a set of these. Now that you've had them for some months, what do you think? Any false knock issues?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the pypes are one of our best sellers, hard to beat for the $$, and i love the stepped design of them.

we have had no issues with false knock

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
the pypes are one of our best sellers, hard to beat for the $$, and i love the stepped design of them.

we have had no issues with false knock
Thanks Beef! Just ordered a set from you about 5 minutes ago!! Off-road, factory connects.
Sponsored