Sponsored

CEL - misfires

mikeD4V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Dealer called me yesterday and said they're swapping out the pcm under warranty. They've already replaced the coils, plugs, injectors, fuel rails, and crank position sensor under warranty chasing it down.
Sponsored

x550ciLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 6MT
Same thing happening to my V6. When I keep it above 3K RPM like mikeD4V it misfires like a mother and sounds horrible. Im uploading a video of it now.

S550 KID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium pp
Yup, I just dropped mine off at the dealership 2nd time. And it's procharged so they are like if anything comes back unwarrantable it's going to cost 59.99 for a diagnosis lol. Wtf car just rolled over 24k

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks Deysha. I'll send you the info once I get it up to the other dealership. I haven't had a chance to take it as my work schedule and their appointment schedule haven't lined up yet. ...
Dealer called me yesterday and said they're swapping out the pcm under warranty. They've already replaced the coils, plugs, injectors, fuel rails, and crank position sensor under warranty chasing it down.
You’re very welcome, mikeD4V, and thank you for the update!

Deysha

Sponsored

S550 KID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium pp
Any updates?

Slater_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cali, 2016 GT premium
So far so good on mine. Haven't had any issues since they replaced the cam phasers... :cheers: here's to hoping that it doesn't come back!

x550ciLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 6MT
The master tech at my dealer pulled codes and found misfire stored on cyl 3 and 4. He switched the plugs and coils around to see if the misfire would move around. No luck. Still 3 and 4. Reflashed PCM and everything is cool now. Just picked it up this morning so will drive it around today to see how it goes. Gotta say, Beach Ford in VA Beach has been outstanding while dealing with this issue. Great service over there.

mikeD4V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I got the car back and dealer said they replaced the pcm, not reflashed it again, but haven't provided the work order yet. I'll call and ask them for it again today to verify what was done. That being said my misfire is gone and they also got my 2012 tpms sensors to function which was a cool bonus. Whatever they did has worked so far and I'll be happy if it doesn't return.

Haven't been able to put too many miles on the car yet but did keep it a 3.5k yesterday on the highway cruising home (~10min) and it didn't start misfiring like it used to. I'll put a few hundred miles on it and post again.

HBMike

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
We're having the same issue with our 2015 PP. misfire to no avail.

New plugs
New crank sensor
swapped coils from a different car

all started with a McLeod flywheel and clutch

issue is were running a Roush charger so the dealership warranty is going to be far fetched.

With our scanner I can reproduce active misfires if i hold the rpms at 1850-2100. it tapers out the higher the rpm. the car pulls hard though above 4k no problems.

Sponsored

IvanK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto GT
HBMike is it still on the Roush tune? Because I was having a misfire and detonation issue under WOT and the dealer determined the tune was the problem. 15 auto with the 670 package.

New plugs
New crank sensor

issue is were running a Roush charger so the dealership warranty is going to be far fetched.

With our scanner I can reproduce active misfires if i hold the rpms at 1850-2100. it tapers out the higher the rpm. the car pulls hard though above 4k no problems.

HBMike

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
HBMike is it still on the Roush tune? Because I was having a misfire and detonation issue under WOT and the dealer determined the tune was the problem. 15 auto with the 670 package.
No, were not on the roush tune.

I also have these exact combos on several different cars running around socal, so i'm not sure whats going on.

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP

New plugs
New crank sensor

Just got my McLeod clutch installed Friday. 15 minutes after I leave I experience a misfire in cylinders 4 & 7. I had never experienced this prior. 22k miles on the car. Have you figured anything out? I swapped the coils and didn't do anything, CEL still popped up. Thanks!

HBMike

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just got my McLeod clutch installed Friday. 15 minutes after I leave I experience a misfire in cylinders 4 & 7. I had never experienced this prior. 22k miles on the car. Have you figured anything out? I swapped the coils and didn't do anything, CEL still popped up. Thanks!
you need to do a crank angle relearn procedure. if you have an x4 is called crank relearn. otherwise see a dealer or someone close to you with ids

15onBOOST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOW n Sleek
Hey did you resolve your issue. I'm Auto aswell on Roush tune
Sponsored