Sponsored

OEM Line Lock on Ecoboost w/ Ford IDS

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Has anyone with access to a Ford IDS played around with getting the factory Line Lock on Ecoboost cars, just as the GT cars? I have access to an IDS and started playing around with it, but running into ABS issues.

The options to enable the Line Lock are there, it's simple Enable/Disable options. We enable it, and the Line Lock option shows up on the cluster under Track Apps, exactly like the GT cars. No issue there.

However once enabled, the car throws ABS U-codes, dash lights, Advance Trac warnings, etc. I don't have the IDS handy ATM (not mine), but the U-codes were related to ABS module not programmed, or not having the correct profile.

IDS has the option to reprogram the ABS to work with current parameters set, but even when doing this, the lights and codes don't go away. We also have access to fords As-Built data from a GT auto car, so we tried forcing that programming on the ABS, but it wouldn't take, just failed out.

My next step might be to try and buy an ABS module for a GT car, but it seems like all the s550 Mustangs use the same ABS module anyway, so that might end up being a waste.

My question is, has anyone on here tried this yet? I know there are a few of you with Ford IDS's that tinker around. The UI on these IDS's are clunky, so I might be missing something I can't find in there.
Sponsored

cdenoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost Premium/PP
Subbed for updates. I'm interested to see what you come up with.

Bugasu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat
When you say you cant get the ABS As-Built to take, are you saying that IDS wont do it?

If so, you may have to manually set it via something like FORScan. FORScan will work with your VCM2 you're using with IDS. Chances are your central configuration changes for the line-lock and the ABS's data are in conflict, hence the U-codes.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
The BCM isn't flashed to support the line-lock option. You are simply sending a command into a wall of nothing lol.

acull2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
iPace
[MENTION=19118]Tune+[/MENTION] what would be required to get the BCM to play ball? Presumably we can't just change Forscan parameters, you are saying the BCM actually needs a software reflash?

What's the chances of making a file suitable for UK Ecoboost mustang with line lock?

Perhaps have to wait until 2018 model year and reverse engineer?

Sponsored

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Oh look, someone that also has access to IDS that cannot seem to get it working as Eco85 claimed he had, interesting...

FWIW, the thread linked above has his specific instructions in it at some point, but I have attempted to enable linelock this way and it does not work. I used both IDS and ForScan to perform the mod, and got the same results with each. As Tune+ stated above, there is another module somewhere (BCM or PCM, one or the other) that has something specific to the GT that is required for this to function, and I don't believe it's something that can just be changed via an as-built mod.

I believe the claim was that the ABS module had to be reset once the setting had been changed, but it appears you have already done that by reprogramming the module. You could also attempt a reset once the setting has been updated, but I expect you will continue to have the same result. Until someone finds a method to have the PCM/BCM tell the ABS module it's in a GT, I do not believe this will work.

Keep us posted with any new findings though, a lot of us would love to see this pan out.

Last edited:

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
You can force flash the BCM to enable line lock, but I think you run into other issues as well. I just left mine stock.

Skeester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost
Has anyone figured out how to get line lock on the ecoboost yet?

mtoo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple GT
Not possible. Been through this numerous times with different people. Even had a few folks at Ford go above and beyond and without it working. You can't avoid getting an ABS code

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
In the event some of you have not seen the newest DIY - another member (Thestangb) was able to modify and now line-lock his V6 S550, so his DIY may help the EB Community as well:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96154

I take no credit, just passing along the info!

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Why has 'nt some 1 that knows how to read schymatics looked at the wiring diagram for this function to see exactly what is the path of the signal to each individual module and or component .. I am pretty sure there is 1 on the trans ....... Good Luck ...............

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I remember reading a thread where someone disconnected the ABS module, reconnected it and at the time of reprogramming is when they checked off the line lock option as if they replaced the module.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I remember reading a thread where someone disconnected the ABS module, reconnected it and at the time of reprogramming is when they checked off the line lock option as if they replaced the module.
Eco85 claimed he was able to do that prior to completing his coyote swap, and swears he never swapped the ABS module, but was never able to prove this ever worked. As a matter of fact, it was proven by myself and other members that his directions did not work with or without IDS.

This new thread does prove exactly what I have said all along, there is a hardware difference, and it appears to be the pump. Interesting find to say the least, and considering the ABS modules are the same, it’s likely that a pump swap and ABS module code change would accomplish this as well.

Time to find the GT pump part number, and get to work :headbang::headbang:

**EDIT**

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-15-FO...ash=item3f7abf994a:g:vdIAAOSw3ZRY~KkK&vxp=mtr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-15-FO...ash=item43e7c0f3cb:g:KbEAAOSwL7VWhrRf&vxp=mtr

EB and GT both use the same controller (FR3C-2C219-B) and pump (FR3C-2C405-B) part numbers. Only possible difference is firmware on the controller, which is highly doubtful since they do use the exact same part number.

Last edited:

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I do not think it will be pump related as the GT, V6, and EBM appear to share the same part numbers, as well as the same ABS ECU and control module, I believe it is all based on the software control of the ABS control module. The pump is just an actuator that is fully controlled to apply brake pressure via the control module... (Controller 2C215 and ECU 2C219 is the same across the board.)

I think its all revolving around making sure you program the correct controllers. Not just the ABS module at the wheel.
Sponsored