Sponsored

Dead battery

activeuk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Just gone to go for a driver after week to give the car a run and the battery is dead. Nothing left on etc any ideas what it may be?
Also any good jump leads in case it does it again the ones i have are to short just waitng for the AA to start it up
Sponsored

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I used to leave mine for a week ofter without starting it, never had an issue, but there was a member had that issue you got too. Was a feed on the forum a whiles back

Zerocool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting 2016 Mustang
I had the same issue after two and a half weeks of not moving. Am lead to believe it's the alarm system. Search for the other thread on it!

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
Cold weather, ancillaries like alarm and dash cam hard wired and not used = flat battery

Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Nah charge should last for weeks regularly leave cars in airport car parks for long periods

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Just gone to go for a driver after week to give the car a run and the battery is dead. Nothing left on etc any ideas what it may be?
Also any good jump leads in case it does it again the ones i have are to short just waitng for the AA to start it up
It is possible to restart the sound system after it times out and the car is off; maybe this?
Halfords do some heavy duty jump leads, good length and really flexible but heavy, and not cheap.

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
Started it yesterday for the first time in two weeks. started fine, brakes seemed to stick briefly though.

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Started it yesterday for the first time in two weeks. started fine, brakes seemed to stick briefly though.
That's usually the handbrake, I always leave it off if parking car for while, auto goes in park mode, manual in gear )

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
Due to the cold and wet conditions I have driven my Mustang just 3 times in the last 3 months and have only done short journeys around the local area.

I do have a dashcam with parking mode which switches off when the battery voltage drops to 11.6 Volts which is the lowest voltage but seems to only give about 4 hours parking time for me (although others say they can run their parking mode for days).

I just went out and checked the battery voltage on the dashboard display and it was only 10.7 Volts so with some trepidation I pressed the start button and the engine roared into life :)

The lowest I have observed is 10.1 Volts and I have been preserving voltage by avoiding performing unnecessary start ups so that was a leap of faith.

So how low can you go? (and still start)

Sponsored

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Due to the cold and wet conditions I have driven my Mustang just 3 times in the last 3 months and have only done short journeys around the local area.

I do have a dashcam with parking mode which switches off when the battery voltage drops to 11.6 Volts which is the lowest voltage but seems to only give about 4 hours parking time for me (although others say they can run their parking mode for days).

I just went out and checked the battery voltage on the dashboard display and it was only 10.7 Volts so with some trepidation I pressed the start button and the engine roared into life :)

The lowest I have observed is 10.1 Volts and I have been preserving voltage by avoiding performing unnecessary start ups so that was a leap of faith.

So how low can you go? (and still start)
I have noticed with my F750 dashcam front and back, after a few hours the lights will go off on the actual cameras, but it will last for 48 hours.
Over the past 2 months have only used the car at the weekends and that's only 15mile journeys and not at all during the week, but have been keeping a eye on the voltage on the info screen. drops to 11.7 from 14.
And I have stopped using the RS if i am not going to go for a drive.

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
That happened to me before Christmas as well. Hendy Fareham tested it and said "needs replacing under warranty but we don't have one" so I said "& I will get Hendy Eastleigh to do it when it gets serviced ina few weeks" and arranged it all when I made the service booking.

Whe. I went to pick it up, Hendy Eastleigh had not done it and gave me a great explanation of why they could not due to the Ford warranty process.

So I can only wait for it to happen again and the AA can trailer it to them to sort it...
Sponsored