Sponsored

Will we ever see the GT350 model in the UK?

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
Did a quick search and couldn't find a UK related thread topic, so apologies if it has been discussed before.

I might have only owned by grabber blue GT for 3 weeks but I now have the bug and can't wait for the summer to get here to really enjoy it.

I have been looking at what mods I need or want to do and have already changed to black badges and the Roush axle back exhaust and while looking around I have watched a number of videos now on the GT350(R).

It got me thinking about whether we will ever see these models in RHD form and given the apparent success so far with V8 sales in the UK, if Ford might take the risk and do a run of GT350s in RHD as a roll out model? What do people think? If they did bring it over I would be tempted, even if it was 45-55K. Is it likely?
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
nope market is too small they won't bother and seeing what the 350 and R are going for in the states over book demand is high over there.
if they ever did bring it to the uk though i'd be straight to the dealer same day it was announced.

OP
OP
Phil_AVF

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Phil_AVF

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if they ever did bring it to the uk though i'd be straight to the dealer same day it was announced.
Yeah, I would as well. Thanks for the reply.:headbang:

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Nope. Never.

That also applies to your price estimate too. :lol:
Thanks for being helpful. :thumbsup:
Well you asked ;)
Maybe a future halo Mustang will make it to RHD but we're such a small market you wouldn't bet on it.
For the money you'd have to drop on a UK-spec GT350R (assuming it ever got here) you could make your GT pretty special, and on top of that totally unique.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Maybe a future halo Mustang will make it to RHD

This......maybe.....hopefully!

We certainly won't see the GT350 in its current iteration.....and the '18MY may be it's last year.

Hopefully any halo-Stang after GT350 would make it over here though. There certainly the appetite for such a car.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Thanks for being helpful. :thumbsup:
You had the sense to apologise in advance in case it had been discussed previously, so think yourself lucky I was that polite. :D

As has been mentioned, they can't satisfy demand in the US; cars are selling for way over list, STILL; they can't satisfy demand for the regular RHD version and the exchange rate would absolutely kill any chance of it being anywhere near the bargain the regular model is.

In short, NEVER going to happen and when I say NEVER, I mean NEVER! The business case just isn't there. The only people that would buy it are the same people that would buy the regular car.

Why go to the expense of making a RHD version? It won't attract any new customers. How many people do you think would buy a Mustang but ONLY if it's a 350?

As for the halo argument; the current Mustang is arguably their current halo car (certainly was till the RS arrived). Have a read of the "How was your Ford experience today?" thread if you want to know how Ford treat their "halo" customers. :lol:

OP
OP
Phil_AVF

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You had the sense to apologise in advance in case it had been discussed previously, so think yourself lucky I was that polite. :D
Well, I have no idea why you want to be impolite, but thanks for your input. I would like to think there may be a halo car, something close to a base GT350. Has to be a good thing that demand is outstripping supply given the factory was almost mothballed just 6-7 years ago.

Sponsored

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
Only as a road sweeper such a shame

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Well, I have no idea why you want to be impolite.............................
You have to meet him for that. :D

Be nice if it did; but it won't. Probably because it would be 60k.

Bullitt would be nice. I'd have that for a daily; keep the vert for the sunny weekends. In my dreams.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
You have to meet him for that. :D

Be nice if it did; but it won't. Probably because it would be 60k.

Bullitt would be nice. I'd have that for a daily; keep the vert for the sunny weekends. In my dreams.
you'll be lucky if you get one much below 80-90k dollars for a standard 350 at moment 350r's are going for 100k plus

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
you'll be lucky if you get one much below 80-90k dollars for a standard 350 at moment 350r's are going for 100k plus
You are right; although I was going off the current Ford base prices in the US of $55k for the 350 and $64k for the 350R.

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT