✨✨wondering what mod would i need after lower spring and wheel spacer

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
Hi, guys. I have installed H&R sports line spring (1.5-inch drop) and wheel spacers(1 inch) for front and rear for my 15 GT with performance pack.

After the wheel alignment, cambers were adjusted from -3 to -2, and the technician told me it would be better to get camber plates to get the stock specs.

So I'd like to know what mods are necessary and if -2 ish camber is too much in long term. What mods would be necesary if I get steeda or koni dampers?:confused::confused:

Thank you guys~:cheers::cheers:

Sponsored

Last edited:

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
-2 camber won't really eat out your tires if your toe is adjusted correctly. It really depends on your preference.

I know a handful of folks with -2.5 camber and the inside of the tire is fine after 5k miles. Key word here is making sure toe is within specs.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
No way your camber was at -3.0

First of all your front camber is not adjustable only the rear. -2.5 WILL wear out the inside of your tires.

Get plates to bolts.

OP
OP
BA939P

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
-2 camber won't really eat out your tires if your toe is adjusted correctly. It really depends on your preference.

I know a handful of folks with -2.5 camber and the inside of the tire is fine after 5k miles. Key word here is making sure toe is within specs.
the final left and toe is 0.06'', is it ok?
thank you so much:thumbsup:

OP
OP
BA939P

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
No way your camber was at -3.0

First of all your front camber is not adjustable only the rear. -2.5 WILL wear out the inside of your tires.

Get plates to bolts.
I was told suspension bolt got loosened for whatever mistake the shop who installed the lower spring for me, or the Ford dealer who did wheel alignment for me after install lower spring.

What mods would you recommend for the rear suspensions, and mods after installing shocks and sturts?

cheers!

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I was told suspension bolt got loosened for whatever mistake the shop who installed the lower spring for me, or the Ford dealer who did wheel alignment for me after install lower spring.

What mods would you recommend for the rear suspensions, and mods after installing shocks and sturts?

cheers!
The shocks and struts won't initiate cause to change anything else but when replacing the struts would be a great time to add the Steeda S550 Mustang Camber Plates

This would be MUCH better solution to a camber bolt.

Also, while the rear camber is adjustable, it's kind of a PITA if you ask anyone that's adjusted it (and they're honest) and difficult to get exactly where you want it. There's a bit of guess work, tighten it down, drop it into position and recheck. Then do it all over again if off and hope you went far enough or not too far and even on both sides. The Steeda S550 Mustang Rear Adjustable Camber Arms

Is a great solution for this as it allows easy and accurate adjustment. And don't miss this thread! Steeda's Nearing 500 Sets of Our Exclusive Billet Rear Camber Arms- Be #500

Last edited:

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Get camber bolts and you will be able to get it pretty close to stock I would say. They give you something like 2.5* of adjustment. That's the route I am going in the spring when I lower my car.

OP
OP
BA939P

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
The shocks and struts won't initiate cause to change anything else but when replacing the struts would be a great time to add the Steeda S550 Mustang Camber Plates

This would be MUCH better solution to a camber bolt.

Also, while the rear camber is adjustable, it's kind of a PITA if you ask anyone that's adjusted it (and they're honest) and difficult to get exactly where you want it. There's a bit of guess work, tighten it down, drop it into position and recheck. Then do it all over again if off and hope you went far enough or not too far and even on both sides. The Steeda S550 Mustang Rear Adjustable Camber Arms

Is a great solution for this as it allows easy and accurate adjustment. And don't miss this thread! Steeda's Nearing 500 Sets of Our Exclusive Billet Rear Camber Arms- Be #500

would I need rear shock mounts after install shocks and struts? Thanks man:thumbsup:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
IMPO, shock mounts are dependent on the usage. If you're planning to run pretty stiff dampers, I think it's a good idea. I'm putting them on mine. Do I think they are a must, not really but I'd rather be safe.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I think you'll be fine with just the camber plates. For the rear, the stock adjustment is plentiful, I don't think you'll need additional hardware for a decent camber/caster setting.

It's always nice to have stiffer dampers with stiffer springs. It is necessary for theoretical reasons, and for better handling.

Shock mounts is one of those "eventual mods". Depending on what you want the suspension to behave like, you'll choose your mods. For aesthetics only, springs and camber plates are just enough, plus dampers for an optimal ride. For handling purposes, I'd suggest at least the FR knuckle bearing, Steeda LCA, and BMR CB005.

A PP wouldn't need more stuff, except maybe a set of sways and obviously, wheels/tires. From your spacers, I'm guessing you don't want to upgrade wheels (same as me :cheers:)

Sponsored
OP
OP
BA939P

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
Thanks man.
Could you tell me what mods would I need if I chose to go for coilover?:thumbsup:

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Thanks man.
Could you tell me what mods would I need if I chose to go for coilover?:thumbsup:
Same mods, coilovers are just an adjustable and matched spring/damper set. It's way more complicated that just that, but it's the gist of it.

Be warned that coilovers are made for handling applications, not necessarily the best for ride comfort.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Get camber bolts and you will be able to get it pretty close to stock I would say. They give you something like 2.5* of adjustment. That's the route I am going in the spring when I lower my car.
Aftermarket 'crash bolts' have been known to loosen and slip, leaving you with unknown camber and toe. Basically they're a cheap, quick and dirty band-aid (not a compliment) to a problem that deserves a proper fix.

Norm
Sponsored