Sponsored

Aftermarket Stereo Install/Dash Kit for the S550 (soon)

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
Has anyone bought the metra unit or is everyone set on the scosche unit?
I ordered the metra. Won't be here for at least a week. Gives me more time to make up my mind about the headunit, which I haven't ordered yet.
Sponsored

Doug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Has anyone bought the metra unit or is everyone set on the scosche unit?

[MENTION=22328]carcinoid[/MENTION] mentioned buying one on ebay for $400 a few pages ago. The Scosche kit has been for sale for a few weeks.

WHITTB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2017 MUSTANG GT
Ordered my Scosche kit last week. I purchased a pioneer AVHX5800T receiver.
Car Toys will do the install in a couple weeks. I already replaced the speakers:
Focal component speakers with a 10” kicker sub-woofer

should sound great

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Could anyone post up install photos please? I would love to see a more documented installation.

16stangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What size screens does the scosche setup accommodate?

It seems like everyone in this thread is running a 7" screen...

I'd like to keep the 8" screen size I have now, and wouldn't mind going up to 9" or 10"..

Sponsored

WHITTB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2017 MUSTANG GT
I will snap a few pictures when they install the unit. But it’s going to be Feb 18th before
I can get it installed. They are very slow to ship.

No idea about the screen size. I was happy with 7.1, so I did not see a reason to shell out any more cash For a larger unit

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
I will snap a few pictures when they install the unit. But it’s going to be Feb 18th before
I can get it installed. They are very slow to ship.

No idea about the screen size. I was happy with 7.1, so I did not see a reason to shell out any more cash For a larger unit
I'll do the same and take pics when install. I ordered several days ago (Metra kit), but it won't come until end of next week.

This is, of course, if I don't sell the mustang and buy the Stealth Gray Focus RS sitting at the dealership right now :shrug:.

mstngracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Oxford White

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
The Abt electronics website has the 4'' metra kits on sale, just ordered mine with an expected date of February 21st thru the 28th. Still dont what the difference between the metra and scoshe kits are but cant beat the sale price.

http://www.abt.com/product/107908/Metra-Stereo-TurboTouch-Installation-Kit-995838CH.html
The guy I ordered from on eBay messaged me and said the kits are delayed and it'll be another couple weeks before delivery starts. Double check with ABT that they can actually get them on time.

I live by ABT and was there just a couple of days ago looking at stuff. They're legit when it comes to car audio.

Sponsored

mstngracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Oxford White
The guy I ordered from on eBay messaged me and said the kits are delayed and it'll be another couple weeks before delivery starts. Double check with ABT that they can actually get them on time.

I live by ABT and was there just a couple of days ago looking at stuff. They're legit when it comes to car audio.
I never knew they had car audio stuff, might have to check out their speakers when I do decide to replace them. thanks

It does say on their website that that its a special order with a 7 to 14 day ship time. Ill message them next week to get an update if it doesn't ship. For the price i don't mind waiting. Iv'ed waited for over a year and a half for any type of kit to come out so its cool to wait a bit longer LOL

markbehr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Too much work and too much money for a decent system. I dont even listen to my radio much anyway.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Too much work and too much money for a decent system. I dont even listen to my radio much anyway.
Not really true, you just need someone to advise you on your build. I'm honestly shocked at how many people share this attitude. Look, car audio isn't just "Oh, I'll replace all my speakers add an amp and a sub and I'll reach SQ nirvana. I can do SQ quality system planning for under $1500.

markbehr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I like the Scosche bezel and maybe interested i a Pioneer head unit. Dont need anything fancy as long as i have gps, sw controls, bluetooth. Im just not a big radio fan. I dont need really loud with tons of base. Thats why i got the base model but the 4 inch screen is getting blah.

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
I never knew they had car audio stuff, might have to check out their speakers when I do decide to replace them. thanks
That place is freaking amazing. It's in a SUPER rich part of the northern Chicago suburbs. The audio department has a several thousand gallon saltwater tank of fish. The kitchen showroom has displays consisting of $10,000 built in refrigerators and $6,000 built in cappuccino machines. Best part is the car audio department's toy on the floor- a Jeep Wrangler pimped out to a sticker price of $78,000 with an INSANE system in it.
Sponsored