Sponsored

Aftermarket Stereo Install/Dash Kit for the S550 (soon)

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
Before my amps remote was connected to a wire in the trunk that only powered when the car was running. So unless the engine was running I couldn't adjust my amp settings which was a pain. My garage is heated so I hate leaving the door open so I can run the car. Now the amps turn on with the head unit
Have you thought about getting the calibration microphone? Apparently it makes a world of difference and figures out the perfect time delay for each speaker. I'll be getting it for sure.
Sponsored

JJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550GT
Is it the same one as the home audio? I have a pioneer elite sc95

GilSilcox

Gil
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
The part number is Pioneer CD-MC20. I ended up ordering one on amazon for $20.00. Gotta love prime membership as it will be here on Sunday

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
The part number is Pioneer CD-MC20. I ended up ordering one on amazon for $20.00. Gotta love prime membership as it will be here on Sunday
From what I've seen of the reviews, make sure you get out of the car before the countdown timer starts the process. It's apparently super loud. And it helps to do it in a quiet area away from traffic and with the HVAC off.

Sponsored

Doug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Have you thought about getting the calibration microphone? Apparently it makes a world of difference and figures out the perfect time delay for each speaker. I'll be getting it for sure.
I'm going to try it out tomorrow after I set my gains again. I just wanted to play with the new head unit last weekend. :D

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Super excited myself, my metra kits will be here tomorrow!

JJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550GT
Got mine in...minor issues..the tracton control button hazards and wheel control are not working...they are not lighting up either? The ac unit seems to be working fine. I will update as i got...front to back swap worked great..it sounds amazing! Havent messed with the amps yet.

GilSilcox

Gil
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
Just a heads up for the rear defogger. I spoke with Scosche and found out it's in the settings. You need to hold the set up button until the set up light turns red (about 10 seconds). Then go to car configuration. Select heated rear screen. Activate that setting and back out until you can select finish. After that all you have to do is start your car and its selectable. The car does need to be running for the defogger to work.

Hope this helps anyone else that was having the same issue Doug and I were having.

Gil

JJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550GT
Hey thanks!! Was having the same issue...mine actually worked but the light wouldnt go on...just took it back out for yhe finishing touches...very happy with the install...congrats boys on being the first people in the world with a double din on a S550

Sponsored

GilSilcox

Gil
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
I can't express how happy I am with this. I thought the TomTop was an upgrade when I installed it last year but this doesn't compare. No more unsupported issues with temperature settings and words in Chinese on the screen. CarPlay work great for me and I can't get over the sound difference.

I spent a good part of today just sitting in the garage cranking the music out of my mustang. I am receiving the microphone for the Panasonic to set it up even better (from the reviews I've read at least).

The install was fairly pain free. I didn't have to file the sides on my car as the manual showed. Mine for in perfectly. The other thing I did was remove the lighter and installed my USB/hdmi port there.

If anyone is on the fence about doing this feel free to send me a pm. As more of us do this upgrade, the more ideas will come out to make the install easier as well as ideas to make it more functional.

Gil

Doug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Just a heads up for the rear defogger. I spoke with Scosche and found out it's in the settings. You need to hold the set up button until the set up light turns red (about 10 seconds). Then go to car configuration. Select heated rear screen. Activate that setting and back out until you can select finish. After that all you have to do is start your car and its selectable. The car does need to be running for the defogger to work.

Hope this helps anyone else that was having the same issue Doug and I were having.

Gil
That got it! I called Scosche again today and based on the phone conversation I was looking at a warranty replacement which they ship out in advance which is good news if anything goes wrong. It's funny that the installer menu was never mentioned.

Got mine in...minor issues..the traction control button hazards and wheel control are not working...they are not lighting up either? The ac unit seems to be working fine. I will update as i got...front to back swap worked great..it sounds amazing! Havent messed with the amps yet.
Mine work but don't light up. Maybe try the reset procedure. Disconnect the 26 pin harness from the Scosche box for 10 minutes. Make sure everything is connected to the box on the dip switch side of the box before reconnecting the 26 pin cable.

I'd love to hear the difference from stock to a full system. I know mine sounds like a night and day difference adding the head unit to the aftermarket amp and speakers.

Doug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I can't express how happy I am with this. I thought the TomTop was an upgrade when I installed it last year but this doesn't compare. No more unsupported issues with temperature settings and words in Chinese on the screen. CarPlay work great for me and I can't get over the sound difference.

I spent a good part of today just sitting in the garage cranking the music out of my mustang. I am receiving the microphone for the Panasonic to set it up even better (from the reviews I've read at least).

The install was fairly pain free. I didn't have to file the sides on my car as the manual showed. Mine for in perfectly. The other thing I did was remove the lighter and installed my USB/hdmi port there.

If anyone is on the fence about doing this feel free to send me a pm. As more of us do this upgrade, the more ideas will come out to make the install easier as well as ideas to make it more functional.

Gil
I came close to buying one of the Chinese based units but I'm so glad I held off.

That's a cool idea switching the 12v for the USB and hdmi.

I did the auto EQ tuning today and it sounds great. It set my 12" sub to -18db. lol

GilSilcox

Gil
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
IMG_0018.jpg

This is the lighter replacement I used. It comes with 3' of cables but you can even get the with 6' if you want to be creative and install them in the center console