Sponsored

Introduce yourself!!

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I switched from an e92 M3 to the Gt350 and have been very happy with the decision. Surprised to hear that you went from M5 to the regular GT. Did you consider the GT350? Also i would have been waiting to hear the announcement on the new M5, sounds like it will be quite the monster.

Well, sort of, the 2014 M5 still has a few months on the lease so I have both right now. I bought the 2016 GT convertible a couple of months ago. I've been really impressed by the mustang, it has all the technology of the BMW and most of the performance for 1/3 of the money, amazing. I will grant anyone that BMW ain't what she used to be and I think their bread and butter vehicles have fallen behind owing to an expensive i program that has been a failure imo. Still, the M5 is quite a car. A granny 4 door sedan that will do 0-60 in the high threes and the quarter in the high 11s. I considered the Shelby but the dealer wanted 10k over MSRP while I got the 2016 Ford for 10k off MSRP. The way they did that was the difference between dealer cost and the window was $3307, then there was 5k trunk money, 1k buyer money, and they found $693 more somewhere, it all adds up to 10k off. I think it stinks that they can charge 10k over on Shelbys. My BMW dealer has a policy of never adding to MSRP. I know the argument that dealers are independent businesses and can set any price they want, so Ford says, but of course that's pure BS because Ford controls their supply. All they would have to do is say if you price over MSRP you won't be getting any Shelbys. The other thing BMW does is offer great leases. If Ford wants BMW or MB customers they need to offer attractive leases because that's what these people want. Ford did a good job with the 6th gen, I hope the reliability is OK. Car and Driver had no problems with their long term test and it was early 2015. So far I'm happy.
Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Welcome - what tires are you running? Impressive how you got the car to stick to the wall like that.

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself on this forum, I've been a longtime reader and a huge fan of the S550. I purchased a 2017 Ecoboost in grabber blue on Saturday and I am extremely satisfied with my purchase so far.

s550soon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 mustang gt hatch
As of last month I decided I wanted to get an s550 and last night I finally became the owner of a gorgeous s550
IMG_8569.jpg

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Well, sort of, the 2014 M5 still has a few months on the lease so I have both right now. I bought the 2016 GT convertible a couple of months ago. I've been really impressed by the mustang, it has all the technology of the BMW and most of the performance for 1/3 of the money, amazing. I will grant anyone that BMW ain't what she used to be and I think their bread and butter vehicles have fallen behind owing to an expensive i program that has been a failure imo. Still, the M5 is quite a car. A granny 4 door sedan that will do 0-60 in the high threes and the quarter in the high 11s. I considered the Shelby but the dealer wanted 10k over MSRP while I got the 2016 Ford for 10k off MSRP. The way they did that was the difference between dealer cost and the window was $3307, then there was 5k trunk money, 1k buyer money, and they found $693 more somewhere, it all adds up to 10k off. I think it stinks that they can charge 10k over on Shelbys. My BMW dealer has a policy of never adding to MSRP. I know the argument that dealers are independent businesses and can set any price they want, so Ford says, but of course that's pure BS because Ford controls their supply. All they would have to do is say if you price over MSRP you won't be getting any Shelbys. The other thing BMW does is offer great leases. If Ford wants BMW or MB customers they need to offer attractive leases because that's what these people want. Ford did a good job with the 6th gen, I hope the reliability is OK. Car and Driver had no problems with their long term test and it was early 2015. So far I'm happy.

d4b.jpg

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Congrats on the Mustang.

They sell Shelbys $10k over ( or more ) because people pay it. Ford is fully aware of what the dealers sell these for.
That and they only make so many per year and each dealership only gets a handful at most; some get 1 or none. Ms you can order one anytime they arent that "special." If they jacked up the M price you could go a few miles away to another BMW dealership and order one MSRP.

Sponsored

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
BEAUTIFUL car!! Congrats!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Welcome man. The ecoboost has a lot of potential. The sky is the limit.

TPFMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Hi guys and girls, Im Tom from CT and been lurking here for a year or so, did a lot of reading here and ended up buying a 2016 Mustang GT (auto)in Ruby Red due to the information posted here and pictures posted also. It is so nice to come here and have so much info available on these cars posted by the members here. Looking forward to spending more time here learning and also maybe helping other members with something I post, Thanks again

Sponsored

TPFMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Introducing Myself

Just introducing myself, been lurking here for a year or so and bought a 2016 GT (Auto) in Ruby Red last year. Looking to do a few things to it this spring, T rex grill, strip kit, and Corsa Sport cat back exhaust. Will try and post pics when done and if someone could point me in the right direction on how to post pics I would appreciate it, Thanks and looking forward to reading all the information that is available here.

Salt Ninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Premium with 50 Years Pkg

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
The forum has the ability to attach images. I wish more people used that feature instead of hotlinking (only because I can't load a lot of image hosts do to blockers). When you make a post, hit go advanced and you will see manage attachments where you can then load images. You will just need to shrink them down to a respectable size (1400x1200/2.19 MB max size per image).

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome, send Pics!