Sponsored

Whipple install quotes. Pulling Engine out for OPG's??? WTHeck?

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Oh, I'm not installing a blower. Just generalizing about everything that I do. I built aluminum block engine for my old terminator. Threw a whipple on it, etc...I can tackle it all, but on an 8 hour project, two hours is spent doing things that a second pair of hands would have been able to do for me.
Even the oil pump gears are done almost completely from the top side so there's really no reason to be crawling out from under the car to go retrieve tools.

But don't you have a friend who may not be a complete gear head but knows enough to be dangerous?
Sponsored

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
Gonna be a fun time no doubt!:cheers: I think once we get started, I'll be excited. Right now I'm having visions of my brand new car blowing up or leaking all over the floor after we put it back together. Glad we ran into each other. Couldn't do this without you and Roh. Let's roll!
after the OPG/TG youre gonna do a first start and its gonna go WTATATATATATATAT at first from the front of the motor. that dead feeling in your gut? thats "OH FUCK WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!?!?" its the tensioners, give it a min and it will be just fine.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Even the oil pump gears are done almost completely from the top side so there's really no reason to be crawling out from under the car to go retrieve tools.

But don't you have a friend who may not be a complete gear head but knows enough to be dangerous?
Heck, my friends are all pansies.

fastmtang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
PDT Motorsports
(209) 845-9790

Talk to Steve. Tell him Eric Hand sent you.

He did my first Whipple install and now is building me a twin turbo mile car.

I have found that there is nobody in the immediate Bay Area that is worth even talking too.Mike at Whipple originally referred me to PDT Motorsports and will probably never go anywhere else.

I wish you the best of luck.

Eric

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
100% agree. Couldn't have said it better. Very appreciative to all the members that help out. Hopefully I can return the favor.
That's what it's all about, pay it forward:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
PDT Motorsports
(209) 845-9790

Talk to Steve. Tell him Eric Hand sent you.

He did my first Whipple install and now is building me a twin turbo mile car.

I have found that there is nobody in the immediate Bay Area that is worth even talking too.Mike at Whipple originally referred me to PDT Motorsports and will probably never go anywhere else.

I wish you the best of luck.

Eric
Great first post Steve.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we typically get $999 for the install,
$760 on the opgs.

right now were running free install on whipples here locally

i do have a guy in dixon , if your near there that could do the job at a great price for you.

let me know

beef
513-478-1965

OP
OP
4orceFed

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Equip.Group 400A
we typically get $999 for the install,
$760 on the opgs.

right now were running free install on whipples here locally

i do have a guy in dixon , if your near there that could do the job at a great price for you.

let me know

beef
513-478-1965
Thank you for the recommendation, Sir. Dixon is really close, but I've decided to tackle my own project with the help of fellow 6g member db252. Dave has done his own OPG, CS, damper and Whipple install and has generously offered to help me with mine. I've decided to save some $$$ and learn a ton about my car. Thanks again for the response.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It's not just you. The local Roush dealer quoted me $12,500 to install just the Stage 1 SC on my car......kit lists for something like $6,900 so they basically wanted $5K for the install.....and they never budged off that quote. After much frustration, if found a shop 500 miles away that I felt I could trust and they did a great job in the end for a reasonable cost. I had the FRPP Stage 1 SC, GT350R Steering Wheel, FRPP Short Shift Kit, FRPP X-Pipe and a JLT catch can installed, with dyno tune for +/- $10K....including the cost to ship the car 500 miles and my plane flight to go pick it up when it was done.

Sponsored
OP
OP
4orceFed

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
It's not just you. The local Roush dealer quoted me $12,500 to install just the Stage 1 SC on my car......kit lists for something like $6,900 so they basically wanted $5K for the install.....and they never budged off that quote. After much frustration, if found a shop 500 miles away that I felt I could trust and they did a great job in the end for a reasonable cost. I had the FRPP Stage 1 SC, GT350R Steering Wheel, FRPP Short Shift Kit, FRPP X-Pipe and a JLT catch can installed, with dyno tune for +/- $10K....including the cost to ship the car 500 miles and my plane flight to go pick it up when it was done.
Holy Cow! Ya, I get the cost to run a shop, and cover expenses if something is done wrong by said shop, but that's ludicrous. Sounds like you got some awesome mods done for a reasonable price. Congratulations.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the recommendation, Sir. Dixon is really close, but I've decided to tackle my own project with the help of fellow 6g member db252. Dave has done his own OPG, CS, damper and Whipple install and has generously offered to help me with mine. I've decided to save some $$$ and learn a ton about my car. Thanks again for the response.
That's awesome! I wish I could fly out and join you guys. Dave is a great guy your in good hands. Have a beer for me :cheers:

OP
OP
4orceFed

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Well, with the help of :hail: db252, the TSS OPG's, CS and ATI damper are done(still waiting for the Whipple to arrive). While we were up in the car's guts, we decided to do the Boss 302 primary tensioners, MMR secondary tensioner bracket and the MMR lightweight water pump pulley. Didn't take video, as I originally planned :tsk: but grabbed photos. Even then, I didn't take as many as I'd hoped. Dave had to remind me :headbonk: because once we started rolling, I was hyper-focused on each step. I'll post some pics as soon as I get a chance. I'll try to be more vigilant with the photos during Whipple install, but can't make any promises, as I tend to be a nervous nelly when turning wrenches. Huge thanks to db252 for spending his days off helping me get this done. Oh, and Roh92cp thanks for baking the ATI damper, it was delicious:thumbsup:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You could bring that bad boy to Atlanta, have our resident 900 hp (and counting, now that he has a custom fuel system) mechanic install all of this for you and drive back with 650 hp, which should take an hour or two off the trip. And you get to hang out for a few days with the coolest Mustang people in the USA - the Atlanta ones. Cold. Hard. Fact. We are super cool. Super duper cool. We'll shake you up for Whipple rides... ;)

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Oh, I'm not installing a blower. Just generalizing about everything that I do. I built aluminum block engine for my old terminator. Threw a whipple on it, etc...I can tackle it all, but on an 8 hour project, two hours is spent doing things that a second pair of hands would have been able to do for me.
Hey Hissman,
Talk me out of a blower. I want to do one, and I know you aren't gonna go that route. I just need someone to talk me down from doing it!! LOL
Sponsored