Track Pack Shipped With R Splitter

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have a brand new never installed track pack splitter that I'd be happy to trade for the incorrect R splitter that you have...... :D

All kidding aside, if you have any interest at all, let me know.
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Helllo,

I'm new to this forum, and just bought a new left over 2016 GT350 track pack. When I was negotiating on the car the one salesman said that the car was unique because it was ordered early in 2016 when they were able to order them with "track" front splitters. After questioning him further about this he said that prior to March 2016 they could add the R front splitter on the track pack cars. The window sticker has nothing indicating an optional splitter. From what I can tell it has the R front splitter I just find it to be a strange story from the salesman. Can anyone confirm that this was an option? Was it a common option?
Unless you don't have any back seats in your new car you made a pretty nice score here!:lol:

As with my 2012 Laguna Seca cars I ordered an extra front splitter, transmission cooler scoop, brake ducts hoses and 2012 Boss car cover as always good to have extras.

Having said that I went to order an extra front splitter for one of my R models and was quoted $6800 plus tax and came to ~$7,300 all in.

After dealing with the sticker shock for this part I called a friend at Ford in Dearborn and explained my concern at this outrageous pricing.

He confirmed the above pricing but within a week I received a call that the pricing in the computer was adjusted to ~$1,500 plus tax which is a great deal better than I was originally quoted but still very expensive for a piece of molded plastic.

In any event based on the current exchange rate between the U.S. and Canada I suggest that you got a $2,000 bonus on your recent GT350 purchase.

Congratulations on both your outstanding GT350 purchase and your cool front splitter!

BTW, is your chassis number an early or late build Track Pack car?

:ford:

OP
OP

Pancoast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
Unless you don't have any back seats in your new car you made a pretty nice score here!:lol:

As with my 2012 Laguna Seca cars I ordered an extra front splitter, transmission cooler scoop, brake ducts hoses and 2012 Boss car cover as always good to have extras.

Having said that I went to order an extra front splitter for one of my R models and was quoted $6800 plus tax and came to ~$7,300 all in.

After dealing with the sticker shock for this part I called a friend at Ford in Dearborn and explained my concern at this outrageous pricing.

He confirmed the above pricing but within a week I received a call that the pricing in the computer was adjusted to ~$1,500 plus tax which is a great deal better than I was originally quoted but still very expensive for a piece of molded plastic.

In any event based on the current exchange rate between the U.S. and Canada I suggest that you got a $2,000 bonus on your recent GT350 purchase.

Congratulations on both your outstanding GT350 purchase and your cool front splitter!

BTW, is your chassis number an early or late build Track Pack car?

:ford:

Thanks! The roads can't clear soon enough now.

Build date was in early February, why?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thanks! The roads can't clear soon enough now.

Build date was in early February, why?
No particular reason other than was wondering if you had one of the last Track Pack cars built based on your chassis plate number on the dash.

With a February build you should be somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Once the roads clear in Alberta you will have a great time with this great car!

:cheers:

Sponsored

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
Aw shit, its going to throw off your downforce. Don't worry, I'll trade you. For your safety.

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Aw shit, its going to throw off your downforce. Don't worry, I'll trade you. For your safety.
Actually...it will! The R front and rear are tuned to work together. If it were me, I would either get a rear R wing or purchase the correct front splitter. There will not be enough downforce in the rear to compensate for the front and it will become lighter at higher speeds..

zzj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H1828
Larger R front splitter should work with stiffer R front spring 240lb/in compare to 194lb/in on GT350. Rear spoiler for R is also larger since the rear seats and trunk liner removal which make the rear end of the R much lighter.
But it's not a big issue unless you track the car and need to use all the potential of the car.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Helllo,

I'm new to this forum, and just bought a new left over 2016 GT350 track pack. When I was negotiating on the car the one salesman said that the car was unique because it was ordered early in 2016 when they were able to order them with "track" front splitters. After questioning him further about this he said that prior to March 2016 they could add the R front splitter on the track pack cars. The window sticker has nothing indicating an optional splitter. From what I can tell it has the R front splitter I just find it to be a strange story from the salesman. Can anyone confirm that this was an option? Was it a common option?
We have worked on so far at least 50 Shelby GT350 vehicles at our facility and we have not seen another one that had it coming in from factory. We have clients that have changed them afterwards. However it came to be, its awesome!! Enjoy it!:cheers:

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Me first lmao I got dibs haha

Or if anyone has a rare R wing I can take that off your hands since you know it produced too much downforce

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Or if anyone has a rare R wing I can take that off your hands since you know it produced too much downforce
yeah, friends don't let friends drive with mismatched down-force.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Larger R front splitter should work with stiffer R front spring 240lb/in compare to 194lb/in on GT350. Rear spoiler for R is also larger since the rear seats and trunk liner removal which make the rear end of the R much lighter.
But it's not a big issue unless you track the car and need to use all the potential of the car.
Matching the rear downforce with the R spoiler is more crucial than the stiffer front springs.
Sponsored