Sponsored

Winter Driven Mustang (Picture Heavy)

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
I love the iPhone wallpaper shot. It's nice to see some driving being done in the winter. Keep up the good work.
Sponsored

RedEcoJet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jerryallgire.com
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Ecoboost - Pre-Production #280 Product Planning & Styling Vehicle
Vehicle Showcase
Good in the winter

Been driving mine all winter so far. Switch to traction mode and drive on. A couple weeks ago a Dodge 4wheel drive took out my headlight and grill surround when he lost it trying to pass me on an icy road. JERK! He got the worst of it. So it's usually all about how you drive instead of what you drive. My baby is all fixed up good as new. Love my car.

Jerry

MattW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT w/ PP
Epic thread. Thanks for all the posts!

I grew up in St Louis and remember driving my '67 MGBGT in the snow.

I now live in So Cal and don't miss it. But the pics are awesome. Thanks again.

Sponsored

Jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP - Gone
I'm thinking I'll go this route next year. I've garaged it for two years but having 2 cars is starting to feel silly. Nice pictures throughout.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I'm thinking I'll go this route next year. I've garaged it for two years but having 2 cars is starting to feel silly. Nice pictures throughout.

My plan was to get a 2nd car for winter but now that I bought snow tires and I've driven the mustang in the snow, I'm not gonna bother. It's to much money and not worth the hassle. This car with snow tires is better in the the snow than my RAV4 AWD was that had all season tires. The RAV4 shifted all over the place in the snow and the Mustang just hugs the road planted firm. It's all about the tires.

And ... I have the wifes Subaru as a emergency backup plan :)

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Anybody ever put mud tires on their mustang for winter? Mud or A/Ts?

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
About an inch of snow mixed with ice last night. Had a couple times when the tires couldn't grip quite as well as they needed to when stopping, but I was driving correctly for the conditions so I was able to get stopped before sliding through the intersections.

I've been happy with the Sottozero 3's. I do plan to get a set of 17" wheels along with Continental WinterContact SI's when these Sottozero's are shot in a few winters. I have been incredibly impressed with the WinterContacts on my wife's Sonata.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
OP's Mustang in 5 years......

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
You should see it now. ;)

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
About an inch of snow mixed with ice last night. Had a couple times when the tires couldn't grip quite as well as they needed to when stopping, but I was driving correctly for the conditions so I was able to get stopped before sliding through the intersections.

I've been happy with the Sottozero 3's. I do plan to get a set of 17" wheels along with Continental WinterContact SI's when these Sottozero's are shot in a few winters. I have been incredibly impressed with the WinterContacts on my wife's Sonata.
I love the WinterContacts on my mustang. I bought them slightly used from a forum member here and I havent had any issues even going up a slight hill in my neighborhood that never gets plowed.

ansibe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP, Recaros, Koni Yellow, 350r springs.
Best. Thread. Ever! Or at least this winter.

I lived in NS for eight years, and I believe the winter conditions there are the worst in our country. I've lived in Vancouver Island, Winterpeg(!), Deep River, Ottawa, Kingston, and now Toronto, and I'm pretty sure Halifax takes the win.

I drove my 2011 GT through one winter here in the GTA, and it was great. But, the salt keeps me away now that I can afford 2 cars. I still love seeing mustangs on the road in winter. I met a guy with a Boss 302 on snows last week ... he was my hero until I saw the OP's s550 with steelies and cop hupcaps!

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I love the WinterContacts on my mustang. I bought them slightly used from a forum member here and I havent had any issues even going up a slight hill in my neighborhood that never gets plowed.
Good to hear. I've only been able to lose traction once in our Sonata (and believe me, I have tried :D), and that was on ice and the slippage was minor. The Sottozero 3's do great in snow, ice not so much, but they're also on the 20x9 black foundry wheels.
Sponsored