Sponsored

2015 EB motor

Jcopin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 legend lime v6 coupe, 15 deep impact blue vert
Since I was fortunate enough (hah) to get a 2015 (i never buy 1st year cars..until now) how do i tell if my motor is one of the bad ones? If it is il just leave it as is until time to sell it.
Sponsored

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
OP
OP

Jcopin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
The short answer is that not all 15's are bad.
Don't get radical with turbo mods and you should be fine.

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
How many verifiable reports are there of failures that weren't caused by user error (i.e. lugging, etc...)?

I'm genuinely curious. I've only seen a handful. It makes me think the problems with the early engines are grossly exaggerated.

Sponsored

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
aww thanks. i am a big fan of passive aggressiveness too. :thumbsup:

i did try. btw but couldn't find any clear cut answers. I guess i was not typing the right terms in, but bless your little heart for the suggestion!!
No problem. Glad I could help. Not really sure about the whole passive aggressive thing though, I just stated facts. There have been so many threads on this before, and the search feature does work wonders, sometimes its just a matter of trying different search terms and phrases until you find what you are looking for. :shrug:

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
... It makes me think the problems with the early engines are grossly exaggerated.
Yup grossly exaggerated sums it up. about a dozen 2015 EBs blew on this board from late 2014 to now. Of those around half of them were people that knew they were pushing it or did something silly like stack a pcm tune on top of a Boostmax.

OP
OP

Jcopin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
let me just say. in my defense, I was dying for a cigarette this morning for some reason so i MAY have over reacted ;). (quit a while ago). Also I tried searching for engine code..which kind of just brought up tons of error code threads. Still could have lived without the "hey stupid" type of response to my post.

toodles! :p

OP
OP

Jcopin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
apparently i have one of the later Spain motors.

from the code it looks like Feb 5th 2015
48k on it. runs fine..except for the driveshaft going bad.

and the oil leak from the timing chain area....

besides that. its been peachy. :p
20170125_094852.jpg
20170125_094932.jpg

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
aww thanks. i am a big fan of passive aggressiveness too. :thumbsup:

i did try. btw but couldn't find any clear cut answers. I guess i was not typing the right terms in, but bless your little heart for the suggestion!!
It's called instant gratification.

You were too lazy to do a simple search more than once and now have recreated a beat to death topic.

Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
It's called instant gratification.

You were too lazy to do a simple search more than once and now have recreated a beat to death topic.
I agree. The search button is simple to use here but apparently too much work for some.

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
Yup grossly exaggerated sums it up. about a dozen 2015 EBs blew on this board from late 2014 to now. Of those around half of them were people that knew they were pushing it or did something silly like stack a pcm tune on top of a Boostmax.
There were clearly changes, it's just not confirmed exactly what those were, also Adam mentioned in the block appeared to be beefier built. I'm sure the development of the RS they learned quite enough to make proper changes more quickly. Also the fact no 2016+ models have been reported documented booms, surely we would have seen a few by now if fixes were not implemented.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
There were clearly changes, it's just not confirmed exactly what those were, also Adam mentioned in the block appeared to be beefier built. I'm sure the development of the RS they learned quite enough to make proper changes more quickly. Also the fact no 2016+ models have been reported documented booms, surely we would have seen a few by now if fixes were not implemented.
I agree there were changes. all cars have running changes during their production live so it's nothing new or out of the ordinary and it still does not justify calling it an epidemic and a reason to be super paranoid about it.

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Is there actual data from Ford on that? Forum posting is an extremely imprecise method to determine failures.

Without data from Ford, all this tells is you that no one with a 2016/2017 who posts on a forum has had their engine fail.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Adam stated that he found rod bolt torque numbers to be all over the place while disassembling an early motor. That would suggest the rod torque tool was malfunctioning at some point as all the torque numbers were different from the other. Also, there has been a Cleveland Engine failure on this forum, search for the Ecoboom thread.
Sponsored