Introduction - A few questions

ShadowBlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost (ordered)
Hello everyone! I just recently joined this site to gain some more knowledge on my favorite car. I am 17 years old, and soon heading to college to major in electrical engineering. Throughout high school, my dad has shared his love for mustangs with me after his first purchase in 2008. Since then, we have been all across the country to auto shows and both share a deep passion for cars. Several years ago, me and my dad purchased a 1972 mustang coupe that was an absolute time capsule. We are nearing a complete restoration and cannot wait to drive it this summer. Two years ago, I bought a 2015 v6 and sold it after 9 months because of the bad weather we get from time to time and it became less and less practical during winter. After continuing to drive my dads 14 around on nice days and dreaming of finishing the old mustang in time for senior prom, I finally talked my dad back into allowing me to trade in my current car and order another mustang for the summer. I placed the order 5 days ago, and decided to go with a 17' shadow black ecoboost with redline interior and 20 inch wheels. I am really excited and cannot wait. I had a couple of questions in regards to order and delivery. Has anyone else placed an order like this before or just bought off the lot? How long should I be expecting before it arrives? When should I get my vin? Production times? Thanks everyone and I look forward to learning more about this site!
Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
It took about 7-8 weeks to get my '15 after ordering it

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
What's to stop you from trading it again come winter? Need to invest in winter tires

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
You traded in because of the weather IN KENTUCKY??? What a waste of money unless you live in the mountains.

My ecoboost took about 9 weeks but that was in 2014

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
And it's a 3 month turn around as of now

Sponsored

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I am in Ohio with similar weather and I have been fine with a set of dedicated snow tires and the snow/wet mode on these cars is fantastic. I highly recommend looking into blizzaks, wintercontacts or the X ice xi3 for next winter (since you will get the car when the snow is done for the spring)

Also, I'm really jealous that youre still in h.s. and on your 2nd 2015+ mustang already. My first car was a 96 Probe GT :headbonk:

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Your parents are buying you a second new car in 2 years right before you leave it to go to college?

OP
OP

ShadowBlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost (ordered)
Considering I was only 16 at the time, and driving a far distance to school each day and the unpredictability of Louisville weather (if you are from here, you completely understand what I'm talking about), the dangers of being a new driver on the road and the fact that I am an only child played into the factor that maybe a bigger safer vehicle was a better choice than having the risk of an inexperienced driver being on the roads in a sports car in icy conditions and etc.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Mine took 10 weeks last year.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Why not get a beater if you are driving in the winter and are an inexperienced driver? That way you aren't wrecking a 20-30k dollar car. Drive the Stang in nice weather.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
So you would rather take the loss selling the car instead of getting either a cheap beater or proper tires?