Sponsored

Side Markers

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
Just wanted to get feedback on side markers for the Mustang. I've order DD interior kit but was finding posts from people having the side markers failing over time.

I know Raxiom also makes side markers and was wondering if people were experiencing the same issue.

Not trying to put down any company, again I ordered from DD and just wanted to hear from actual owners.
Sponsored

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
I had issues with my DD side markers, but they sent me new ones under warranty and the new ones have been fine. First ones failed within the first year. I think they were new at the time though and had some bugs to work out.

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
One thing with the side markers is your turn signals will make a different clicking noise inside the car unless you get the resistors with the side markers. This really bothers some people, others not so much, just a heads up.

OP
OP

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
One thing with the side markers is your turn signals will make a different clicking noise inside the car unless you get the resistors with the side markers. This really bothers some people, others not so much, just a heads up.
If I also replaced the front signal lights, would I have to also install resistors there? Meaning one set of resistors would be needed for each circuit.

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
The side markers will not impact your signal operation or sound. I think the other post was referring to replacing the front turn signal bulbs and front side marker bulb to go with it.

I ordered one of the first sets, the minute they became available. I've never had any problems with them and I love the looks!

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
My apologies, I thought you were referring to the turn signal bulbs.

I have the LED rear side markers and I love them. I have had no issues so far.

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
I have had mine on for about 9 months with no issues. From what I have read, DD will replace them if they do fail.

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
I've had one set fail due to water intrusion (early models) and one set that caused RF interference with the key fob.

Each and every time DD was quick to respond and replace the lights. Their newer ones are now RF shielded and sealed so you shouldn't have to worry about the early issues...

In spite of the failures, I will ONLY order from DD in the future after the customer service experiences I have had with them!

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
I got mine in December and installed them in the middle of winter before all these Cali storms, pretty sure they fixed the issue with the early versions and water damage, they still look great
Sponsored