Sponsored

Question on the Driving Mode Selector

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
So I won't be able to utilize the full 435 HP unless I'm in track mode? Does using track mode void the warranty?
Only when the information message pops up on the dash that says: "You Are in Void Warranty Mode".
Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Info I have from Lund is that the throttle in Sport+ is 'jumpier' or more sensitive than in Track.

The idea being you use Sport+ on the strip, and track, well, on the track.

The amount of 'play' you get from the traction and stability controls is markedly different through the different modes.

If you ever drive in snow/ice, it needs to be in track mode, with all the extras switched off, otherwise itll just cut the power on any wheel slip and you go nowhere.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
These "driving modes" are for pp mustangs? I have a base w/3.55:1 GT and I paddle or not in S with traction control off as an auto. My 2016 GT 6R80 is a lot of fun in sport but I wasn't aware of all the modes available in pp mustangs, am I right?

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
These "driving modes" are for pp mustangs? I have a base w/3.55:1 GT and I paddle or not in S with traction control off as an auto. My 2016 GT 6R80 is a lot of fun in sport but I wasn't aware of all the modes available in pp mustangs, am I right?
The driving mode toggle switch is for Premium models. Sport mode on the toggle in my experience is similar to putting the shifter in the S position on base models. If you turn off traction control and put the shifter in S it would then probably be similar to Track mode I believe?

Sponsored

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
Info I have from Lund is that the throttle in Sport+ is 'jumpier' or more sensitive than in Track.

The idea being you use Sport+ on the strip, and track, well, on the track.

The amount of 'play' you get from the traction and stability controls is markedly different through the different modes.

If you ever drive in snow/ice, it needs to be in track mode, with all the extras switched off, otherwise itll just cut the power on any wheel slip and you go nowhere.
That's exactly right. I only ever drive in track mode on the street. Sport+ is a very 'twitchy' throttle map. Sensitive but very on/off so it's more all or nothing. I'm exaggerating a bit but in a manual the difference between sport+ and track is night and day. Gear shifts are more aggressive in sport+ compared to track mode. Example; when I rev up to 5000rpm+ then let off the throttle in sport+ there's almost a jerk as the throttle body snaps shut whereas in track mode, the revs just slow down almost like in normal mode allowing your shifting to be smoother and therefore more efficient on track. As someone else said, track mode also turns traction control off which I much prefer as the car is a lot more predictable without nannies kicking in and trying to 'correct' my driving when I want to put the rear end out for a bit of fun.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
SPORT + is a weird one for me. I'm not sure I can tell a difference, vs NORMAL.

Does anyone have more information on which parameters are changed and by how much?
+1 Ameericanlegend.

I too feel no difference between normal and sport. I haven't driven mine in track, because I read somewhere (I cant remember where) it turns off traction control. i'm a decent driver, but the last thing I wanted to do with a GT, with a 2.9L whipple turned loose with no traction control.
? Something seems off. The throttle sensitivity difference between normal and sport is quite significant.

The steering also tightens up quite noticeably. Though if you have already changed the steering feel manually, there may not be a difference.

To me the steering and throttle response in sport+ is the way normal should be. Current normal makes the car feel dead to me.

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
This is a great chart showing the differences between normal and Sport + mode along with the shifter selection of D/S if you have an auto.

Attachments

Sponsored

2016Gruv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Going from Normal to Sport mode in my car, throttle response is more sensitive and the change in shift points is quite noticeable. Downshifts in the auto trans are rather aggressive in Sport mode as well. Even when accelerating normally while in Sport mode, sometimes it won't shift to the next gear until around 4000 RPM. That seems rather high to me. I notice no difference in steering feel when in Sport+ mode.

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
I drive a manual GTPP with the primary bolt-on upgrades and I can definitely tell a difference between normal and sport+. In fact, as soon as I get into the car and fire it up, I swap to Sport+ mode. It's funny to me that you can't tell a difference between Normal and Sport+ but you can tell a difference between Normal and Track. I honestly can't tell a difference whatsoever between Sport+ and Track except for the traction control being off completely in Track mode.

I'm not trying to argue with you at all, I just thought your comments were interesting. Everyone is different!
I understand, no I haven't driven mine in Track mode at all, because of the loss of traction control. I don't trust y driving abilities with my car without driver assist.
Sponsored