New rear light clusters, we'll still get the current white ones

Anybody else have a view?:shrug:
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Rear clear lights do not bother me and the new ones are LED so wiring should be same as USA on MY18 and only colour different making swapping easier for those who want red ones. :)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh and RHD still might not see Recaro seats and rear-end differential options.

Sponsored

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Biggest thing for me is the hood vents.They have done their best to ruin the hood as it is and if we dont get the vents it will be crying out for after market hoods,

Guessing we wont get front DRLs again.

I would like to think that when they went back to the drawing board, someone said 'make sure you design something we can roll across the world' but probably not.

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
Was having my car serviced yesterday and the dealer knew nothing beyond what we know.

I was wondering if you could lower the 2018 with magnaride or if this is going to be a no no.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Rear clear lights do not bother me and the new ones are LED so wiring should be same as USA on MY18 and only colour different making swapping easier for those who want red ones. :)
The old ones are LED too. That's not the problem. :(

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Can't see why no mag ride unless there's a fundamental problem with RHD. They are built to order, so you would have thought only the stuff that's a legal problem (frequency of ACC etc.) elsewhere in the world would the the limiting factor.

Makes sense to keep the current rear light clusters rather than spend on new design. Although they seem to have done way more than I'd expect a facelift to normally have, so a few for $ on new lights wouldn't be beyond the realms.

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I would expect we will get the new rear light clusters but they might well be clear again and will likely function in the same way as the current export models, i.e. not sequential.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was having my car serviced yesterday and the dealer knew nothing beyond what we know.

I was wondering if you could lower the 2018 with magnaride or if this is going to be a no no.
Magneride systems can be lowered, you can also get uprated ECU's for them as well to use more of the range of damping available, though those ECU's are around ÂŁ1000.

Springs wise should only use ones which are truly compatible, it is rumoured KW and Eibach will release springs for GT 350 magneride in near future, as such suspect similar on the GT but it will happen quicker as there will be a lot more GT magneride owners compared to GT 350 magneride owners, more money to make.

By the time we start to take deliveries of MY18 there should be some spring options available.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
This came up at the meet this morning and it occured to me that quite a lot will be missing.

The reason being that for the first one, Ford made a big point about the rest of the world getting something different to the US car. If they give us everything the new US car has then it will be seen as an admission they fucked up in misjudging what the rest of the world wants in their Mustangs ergo they will give us something vastly different to the US car.

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
As much as I like the look of the new digital dash, I would guess there may be a few gremlins in the first few batches, anyone remember the digital dash on the astra gte?, looked great when new but a few months later was a major pain. My dash was replaced a few times. It's prolly a good thing that our American cousins get to help iron out any early niggles before we get to find them.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
As much as I like the look of the new digital dash, I would guess there may be a few gremlins in the first few batches, anyone remember the digital dash on the astra gte?, looked great when new but a few months later was a major pain. My dash was replaced a few times. It's prolly a good thing that our American cousins get to help iron out any early niggles before we get to find them.
The Dash on the Supra 2.8i was very cool, but they dumped it for the Supra 3.0. So I guess was not a big success
Sponsored