Sponsored

Black out emblems?

SevDelta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have a black 2016 GT and I wanted my emblems to be blacked out. I figured the easy route would be simply buying and installing black emblems from CJ Pony Parts. However, would it be more beneficial to change the Grille or the rear deck lid? I know that's a more expensive option but what kind of look does everyone prefer and why?
Sponsored

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
You can always use PlastiDip to give you a cheap, quick, and easy change.

Kclyatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Some do gloss black on fenders and grill and matte black on rear gloss panel...I did matte black on all and my stang color is magnetic. Got them from UPR.

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
You can always use PlastiDip to give you a cheap, quick, and easy change.
I 2nd this. I have the Magnetic color, I plastidipped mine about 5 months ago and so far there has been no chipping or peeling on the front or back. 1 can is all you need for both, just make sure you tape the surrounding areas off, especially on the back.

Also go slow and layer it, I had well over 10 layers on each badge. Plus if you dont like it or want to change back, you can peel it right off. I have seen a bunch of S550s driving around and mine has been the only one with blacked out badges so far. I love the look it gives.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I blacked out my black '15, love the look. I bought black 5.0 badges on Amazon, painted the GT and the pony.

Sponsored

SiRCaSTK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
I have a black GT, and plasti-dipped the emblems. Looks good, and has been holding up well, but I am thinking about getting gloss black emblems from UPR. I used plastidip glossifier to achieve this look, but it didn't turn out the way I was expecting. It looks more like a shinier matte finish.

442Much

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Has anybody used the Ford blackout emblems? I've can find the 5.0 and the pony, but not the GT. They cost a little more, but not too much. Anybody have the part number for the black GT?

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
What I did.
IMG_0154.jpg

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
Mine is silver, but I didn't like the pony in the grille or the GT on the tail panel, so for me it was an easy decision to replace both and give the mustang a cleaner look, the 5.0 badges I went with the Ford blackout badges...
Now it's got a cleaner look with the black mesh grille and GT delete tail panel.

Sponsored

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
Replacing the badges was very easy.

Unless you plan on going with a blank rear deck lid or adding a howler badge you can just pop the old one off and new one back on. Same goes for the front grille.

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium

milwaukeephil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
I just got my Black pony cover from Jimnkathye on eBay. It's a thin but sturdy vacuum-formed and die-cut badge that he custom paints (in my case, matte black) with a rubberized bumper paint. Really nice quality. It clicks right into the border and looks great. Install took 3 minutes, most of which was peeling the backing off the pre-installed tape! It was about $20 shipped, which I'm happy to pay for something hand-made like this.

Front

Back

On the car.

OP
OP

SevDelta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just got my Black pony cover from Jimnkathye on eBay. It's a thin but sturdy vacuum-formed and die-cut badge that he custom paints (in my case, matte black) with a rubberized bumper paint. Really nice quality. It clicks right into the border and looks great. Install took 3 minutes, most of which was peeling the backing off the pre-installed tape! It was about $20 shipped, which I'm happy to pay for something hand-made like this.

Front

Back

On the car.
Wow that looks really great!! Do they make one like that but in gloss black? I didn't see it on his EBay page...