GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
I don't like it. Headlights no longer look "mean" and look girly now. Reminds me of an early 2000s BMW Z4. Hood and bumper look good, though. Back end looks good, not that much different.

For the record, I own a 94 Mustang and 2015, and I've liked all of the body styles in between with exception of the 2010-2012 rear-end. When new edge came out, I still loved it and my SN-95. When the 2005 came out I REALLY loved the retro look, and still do (my parent's 2006 GT is still a sexy gem!) I really liked the refresh in 2013 because of the taillights, and I loved the 2015 from the get-go, though the front end had to grow on me a little bit too, which is why I really dislike the 2018 because they made it even worse. Just my opinion, though!
Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Spartan we get it you like it. Jesus christ dude. Half this thread is you trying to defend it. However the overall majority feels otherwise on the internet.
Its a thread to discuss dude...chill out. That's fine what they feel on the nets...don't care lol. Also maybe read the Japolnik replies...people like it some dont, that's the thing about refreshes and the same stuff was said about the S550 when it came out. People have short ass memories. The S550 was getting ragged on by tons of mags/blogs/etc compared to the previous gen.

El Diablo

Made in USA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
New Tail light and rear bumper refresh for 2018

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
So it looks like this was real

C2U8ELgW8AIbED6.jpg

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Not a disappointment for me or Twin. We both love it & have both been waiting for the refresh.

For me the S550 '15 was a big disappointment in comparison to what the Camaro did for tech/looks when they dropped their next gen (still wouldn't buy one).

This '18 IS to me what the 15 should have been (still waiting on interior changes).

Disagree. The current headlight running up the side showing chrome is unattractive. They went with the euro look here like Audi/BMW.
I am glad you guys like it. :thumbsup:

I wasn't waiting for a refresh anyway. I am planning on keeping my 2016 for years to come. If I buy another mustang, within the next couple of years, it will probably a 13 or 14. I still love that style.:D

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Put me in the "hate the front end" camp. I do like the quad tip rear valence though, I know what I'll be ordering from tousley ford when it hits the parts system.

One thing I do like, anyone else notice that PP car is wearing michelins instead of pirellis? Hopefully this will help put down some better numbers when going up against the 1LE.

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
In a nutshell, the refresh could be summed up in two words: Tame and safe.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Summarizing :

- guys waiting for '18 love it because they don't have a choice and they're screwed
- '15-17 owners hate it (most of them) because they don't have a choice either - they're stuck with the old model so they'll be hating on new one (it'll get worse if it turns out '18 gets more power)
- rest is waiting to see it in person.

Everything is normal :)

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Now let's see if they tune the suspension so it doesn't feel like a limp noodle. Plus a little more power is needed.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Btw - anybody saying anything about resale value going up has to be drunk, regardless of whether new car is considered ugly or not.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
New to Mustangs and just purchased my 2016 so base my opinion however you see fit.

Not a fan and quite glad I got a 16. Front is too angular and busy...why I dont like the Camaro. Hood is flatter(the bulge causes some vis issues) and thats better but looks plain and dont like the vents at all...feels like the 80's to me for some reason...maybe 90's. Spoiler looks cheap. Tailights are interesting and really like the quad exhaust(hope I can switch the valance...like we can with the GT350). Overall its a fail compared to the 15-17...current gen looks like sculpted art to me...why I love the looks.

Was worried I would regret getting the 16 but Im good now.

phatsesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 convertible GT
I can't tell the difference except the slanted front headlights and fog light