Sponsored

Stainless Works

Sammy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Take my money indeed but this requires a tune, and then you chuck the warranty. Right? If there was any way to keep the warranty then yes, I am on board.
Sponsored

danhuberty

Dan Huberty
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 ShelbyGT350
Sounds phenomenal but my wife will kill me if the car gets any louder lol

And that is an -excellent- comparison video. That's how it should be done.
Same here.... My wife has a rule that the car must stay in normal mode until I am well down the road, and we live in the country. :(

I'm going to get long tube headers for my car, but I'll probably have to push it down the road before I start the car. :tsk:

danhuberty

Dan Huberty
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 ShelbyGT350

chops44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fathouse 1250R....1992 Gt 39k mile garage queen
Take my money indeed but this requires a tune, and then you chuck the warranty. Right? If there was any way to keep the warranty then yes, I am on board.
You could just increase the octane and buy a tuner to clear the rear 02 codes when they pop up. Therefore, not modifying the factory tune..not saying this is a great idea, just saying......

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
You could just increase the octane and buy a tuner to clear the rear 02 codes when they pop up. Therefore, not modifying the factory tune..not saying this is a great idea, just saying......
Higher octane doesn't account for increased airflow/reduced back pressure.

Ultimately, end of the day if you mod you should have it tuned for. Engines are far more finicky today to changes than they were years ago haha

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I agree the sound is really good, I think it is the nicest sounding so far. But why are all the companies producing 4-1 headers for these? The factory headers are a 4-3-1 design correct? Any reason the aftermarket are making a different setup? I think this is primarily why they sound "different" from the stock setup, and why I'm not completely in love with the sound of them.
[MENTION=7033]Voodoo[/MENTION] you said there is no possibility of an ELH setup correct??

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I agree the sound is really good, I think it is the nicest sounding so far. But why are all the companies producing 4-1 headers for these? The factory headers are a 4-3-1 design correct? Any reason the aftermarket are making a different setup? I think this is primarily why they sound "different" from the stock setup, and why I'm not completely in love with the sound of them.
[MENTION=7033]Voodoo[/MENTION] you said there is no possibility of an ELH setup correct??
That was done due to packaging challenges using a short tube design and to ensure they could pass emissions.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
WOW

Dear god, I didn't think it could sound any better. Best sounding car of all time PERIOD (stock and with mods, doesn't matter).

As a kid I remember the distinct sound of the 5.0 (old OHV from the 90s) when I could hear one and know what it was without actually seeing it, and now it's this... nothing else compares. Everything from GM sounds like a dump truck, lol.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
That was done due to packaging challenges using a short tube design and to ensure they could pass emissions.
Ahh thanks, too bad it doesn't fit. Any ideas on why all the aftermarket offerings stray from the original design though? I'm curious now if the original design was purely to pass emissions and regulations, or whether the aftermarket manufacturers simply aren't as experienced when in comes to designing headers that aren't in the typical 4-1 long tube configuration.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Ahh thanks, too bad it doesn't fit. Any ideas on why all the aftermarket offerings stray from the original design though?
Theoretically, a "bundle of snakes" on most V8's will give you the best overall average performance gains across the largest RPM bandwidth. This also includes taking firing order into account, overlap or not. Only zoomies would be able to best a 4 into 1.

Sponsored

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
This really does sound amazing! Crazy to think all they did was put on longtubes with high flow cats, and the real kicker is that it's still using the factory catback with the resonators still in place.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Theoretically, a "bundle of snakes" on most V8's will give you the best overall average performance gains across the largest RPM bandwidth. This also includes taking firing order into account, overlap or not. Only zoomies would be able to best a 4 into 1.
So the 4-1 configuration is typically the most efficient at improving the power band is what you're saying?

At least this one sounds good to my ears, I like the Kooks sound too, but I find the Kooks setup sounds too much like a CPC race car from the 60's. I like that these at least seem to retain most of the sound we love.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So the 4-1 configuration is typically the most efficient at improving the power band is what you're saying?
Typically, yes.

At least this one sounds good to my ears, I like the Kooks sound too, but I find the Kooks setup sounds too much like a CPC race car from the 60's. I like that these at least seem to retain most of the sound we love.
I think that's just more video audio quality. SW does a FANTASTIC job at accurate sound comparisons. Sound wise, long tubes are long tubes are long tubes. What makes the biggest difference is going to be materials and build quality. Otherwise the sound is going to be pretty much the same when comparing long tubes to long tubes or short tubes to short tubes in the same collection configuration. There maybe a SLIGHT difference if say a set of headers you were comparing had a collector that was a complete dookie job but other than that, you won't hear a difference from one manufacturer to another.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Typically, yes.

I think that's just more video audio quality. SW does a FANTASTIC job at accurate sound comparisons. Sound wise, long tubes are long tubes are long tubes. What makes the biggest difference is going to be materials and build quality. Otherwise the sound is going to be pretty much the same when comparing long tubes to long tubes or short tubes to short tubes in the same collection configuration. There maybe a SLIGHT difference if say a set of headers you were comparing had a collector that was a complete dookie job but other than that, you won't hear a difference from one manufacturer to another.
Very well could be the audio for sure. I wasn't prepared for how loud the car is in person, videos simply can't capture the real sound or volume properly.

Be interesting if SW offered a midpipe to replace the stock X-Pipe as well. Be VERY curious to see what these headers would sound like on an R with no resonators but stock mufflers :D

jtn83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'd love to hear these bolted to my Corsa midpipe and factory mufflers! The price and sound are great, but the tune (voiding the warranty) and gains are what have me holding back.

Does anyone know if the car in the video (and on the dyno) had the catted or O/R version? As awesome as it sounds, I feel like the numbers seem a little disappointing.

The car was a factory freak--the baseline was very high to start with. The +20HP gain could've come primarily from the tune (the CAI is usually a wash on these cars). Heck, doesn't Lethal get 10HP from their O/R legs w/out a tune?

Does anyone else have these installed that can speak to the gains/results?

Cheers,
Jason
Sponsored