Sponsored

Aftermarket Stereo Install/Dash Kit for the S550 (soon)

OP
OP
jekyllrider@aol.com

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
I am probably going to be focusing more on the Metra units as I do feel they look like a nicer kit. if there are any objections speak up please.
The metra unit does look nicer. Its hard to tell, but the Scosche unit looks like it might have physical buttons for some of the climate controls? Particularly the fan speed? i would go with whichever one has more on the buttons and less on the touchscreen.

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
Was floating around eBay and came across the scosche unit for $499. Looks like there's 10 available....if this is your thing.

m.ebay.com/itm/2015-UP-FORD-MUSTANG-DASH-KIT-WITH-INTERGRATED-SWC-CONTROL-TOUCH-SCREEN-/192074724060?nav=SEARCH
Wow, good find. $500 for this is right on for me. I've never done car audio before so I'm really interested to see if the "plug and play" and "easy to install" ad copy is more fact than marketing BS. But damn, been waiting this long and it's right there and finally available :cheers:

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
anxious to see one of you guys get this installed, I'm not fully committed to going this route, as I don't want to go downward in screen size, but I want the 3 sets if rca outs and the adjustments that come with and aftermarket head unit. I had a Scosche in my 2011 Mustang and loved it, so I'll see what you guys think before I decide

Sponsored

SiRCaSTK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
Possibly in for a group buy.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Well, I ordered my kit just now, hope to have it installed next weekend. I'll keep everyone updated as best as I can.
What head unit brand and model will you go with and why did you choose it over others?
(a link would be cool ;o)
Thanks

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 2016 Mercedes C300
Looking forward to seeing how well the Heat and AC controls work. Sometimes these can be buggy at first. Can't wait to see pics of the install also. Really hoping it is solid because I really want to update my head unit.

Sponsored

2thpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Track Pack
What head unit brand and model will you go with and why did you choose it over others?
(a link would be cool ;o)
Thanks
I'm planning on going with the top end Pioneer unit. I believe it's the 8200. The shop I'm getting my stuff primarily has Kenwood and Pioneer units; they actually like the Kenwood better, but the plastic buttons have a better feel, and the the screen can be made completely dark on the Pioneer unit (my eyes get crazy sensitive when driving in the dark, so this is a huge sales point to me).
If someone has a better recommendation for me, I'm all ears.

From what the manager of my audio shop told me at CES, the Scosche tends to have a slightly nicer finish/look in person. He sells Metra, not Scosche, which means he can't sell me the Scosche; that means something to me.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
From what the manager of my audio shop told me at CES, the Scosche tends to have a slightly nicer finish/look in person. He sells Metra, not Scosche, which means he can't sell me the Scosche; that means something to me.
I had a Metra and later a Scosche in my 2011 Mustang, I can attest that the Scosche was better quality, not sure if that will hold true for these new panels.......

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
So my guy is telling me the Metra kits are still 90 days out but if we can get a decent GB together we will be the first in the country with the Metra units. Still no price as of yet but I am going to be shooting for something around $400 plus Paypal fees and shipping from me to you.

Anyone see my post about the group buy being not allowed per forum rules? Im not sure where it went though 1 person did reply to it!