Texas Speed Catless Headers - Early thoughts

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just thought some people might be interested in my thoughts on these headers as they are a new budget friendly entry from a reputable company (in the lsx world). I grabbed their catless version.

They showed up and i opened them up and noticed they looked pretty damn cool. Welds were quite good and it's cheesy, but the texas cut out on the flange is a nice touch.

Disclaimer, i wussed out. I thought about installing these bad boys on jackstands but then i came to the conclusion that i just dont have the time (or desire hah). That said, the shop said they fit like a glove. They said they are going to leave their own personal review for them on ebay or whatever, just to emphasize how easy they went in. No issues w/ the AC line bracket at all. They did mention a few things. One, they didn't ship with clamps for the midpipe to H-pipe (or resonator if you still had that). Also he said he wasn't entirely thrilled w/ the length of the included O2 sensor extentions.

The power increase is very noticeable. I currently have PMAS intake, lund FF (on 91 right now for the winter) and CJPP h-pipe. Under peak gains are where these shine. My butt dyno was very happy. I wouldn't be shocked to see 25whp peak but it felt like 30+ or so down low. I will compare the feeling to when i went from stock to lund FF tuned, it felt that good to me.

Sound..ehh..maybe a tad raspy for my tastes. Considering throwing the resonator back in. I'll give it a week or two. I was shocked that after the initial cold start up idle and cruise it was very tame, almost stock like. Give it a little pedal though and you know they are there!

I wont have a real clear number as far as gains. I dyno'd with Lund e85 and PMAS at 413/392. I have a gt350 manifold going in this weekend so my next dyno session will be with LTH and IM so numbers will be skewed a bit.

Definitely a recommended purchase, two thumbs up.

-Josh
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Mid-mount a quiet muffler (like Magnaflow offers) - set it up similar to the Solo Performance, right where the stock suitcase is.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
What do you have for mufflers on there OP? It takes a lot to control the sound with catless headers.

OP
OP

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
stock mufflers at the moment. H-pipe resonator delete.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you want the rasp minimized while keeping the stock mufflers put either the stock resonator back on or put two long bottle resonators on after the h pipe.
Yea i think throw the suitcase back on. It's my dd so i'm fine w/ it being somewhat tame sounding, i dont need a roaring beast when i'm trying to drive to work at 6am hah. We'll see how it goes in the next couple weeks.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Yea i think throw the suitcase back on. It's my dd so i'm fine w/ it being somewhat tame sounding, i dont need a roaring beast when i'm trying to drive to work at 6am hah. We'll see how it goes in the next couple weeks.
Don't worry with windows down it will still be pretty loud.

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Nice write up. What size tubes? 1 7/8 or 3/4?

I've got BBK w/cats, and Corsa Sport. Cold starts are a beast. It's pretty wild how headers will open up that much DB on these cars.

OP
OP

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Nice write up. What size tubes? 1 7/8 or 3/4?

I've got BBK w/cats, and Corsa Sport. Cold starts are a beast. It's pretty wild how headers will open up that much DB on these cars.
I do believe the TSP headers are only available in 1 7/8th. I'm very impressed so far. I can't to hear them scream up above 7k w/ the gt350 IM!

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
glad you like them. I have them on my car. Only complaint was the kit was short on 2 v band clamps & the shop had to use 3 inch exhaust clamps. Got 'em for $613.00 shipped (military discount)

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
What angle are 02 sensors at? Correct angle for e85? Or have to move the bungs?

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
OP
OP

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
They looked like the "normal" angle to me. Which isn't a good thing. In hindsight I will probably soon regret not having them relocated when nice weather comes and I want to get on the corn.

Artem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT M/T
Can you please post exhaust sound clip with LT and h-pipe?
Sponsored