Sponsored

What would you like to see in the s550 aftermarket?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Automatic Shifter Assembly Kit: Possibly a manual clone so the knobs would be interchangeable and use the reverse lockout collar as the park lockout. If it isn't cost prohibitive, make the lockout collar out of carbon fiber. I know white madness garage has a product similar to this but the "lockout collar" is stationary and the balls travels downward to depress the button to free the gearshift.
Why not take this one idea all the way to completion with a manual-command shift pattern that mimics the conventional 6MT's pattern? Should be easier to accomplish with electrics now than it would have been 50 years ago with AT shifter cables and links and the associated fussy adjustments.

If the fully automatic 'D' is to be retained, either give it its own location off the normal MT-look pattern or maybe use a button or a separate collar for that instead.

That's all kind of off the top of my head here, but I was looking into this back when automatic transmissions only had three speeds.

Norm
(retired civ/str engr)
Sponsored

Last edited:

MattW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT w/ PP
Why not a cold air intake. You could measure performance benefit, learn and write about the theory of design, benefits, etc. Think about what would look good on your resume. Most important, what area of ME are you passionate about?

WhyNot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang V6 6-speed
1. hood vents
2. supercharger manifold adapter for twin screw set up on v6. ( no affordable options for us v6's)

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
Simple request. Something like the ford racing 8 ball design without the "ford racing" on the sides. I think it's tacky but they're the only ones who did it right so far... First shifter on American muscle website.

I already ordered theirs by the way but I've always felt labels like "ford racing" are tacky if you're not a member of the "ford racing" team.

Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
there is not enough ambition in this thread.

we need mechanical engineer who will attempt to combine a Mustang GT with a Tesla for the ultimate hybrid electric car :

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/how-does-horsepower-figure-into-electric-cars.htm

The downside to a gas engine is that it must build RPMs through acceleration until it reaches its maximum power and torque.

The peak power of an EV is always at zero RPMs, which on the Tesla Roadster is 288 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque -- all of it as soon as you hit the throttle.

Remember, the Tesla Roadster S is about as fast as a Corvette Z06 with almost half its horsepower.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
HUD shift light similar to the GT350 that is integrated into the dash

slammer223

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2017 Mustang GT convertible
Plugs to seal the heat extractor vents that can be easily inserted prior to washing the car, then easily removed after washing.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Simple request. Something like the ford racing 8 ball design without the "ford racing" on the sides. I think it's tacky but they're the only ones who did it right so far... First shifter on American muscle website.

I already ordered theirs by the way but I've always felt labels like "ford racing" are tacky if you're not a member of the "ford racing" team.
Anarchy Motive can set you up! Great price for the outstanding quality in their stuff.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I assume you speak of wheel hop? In my opinion bmr and steeda have that on lock. Both systems are more than adequate at fixing wheel hop. If you have the money to throw at it that is.
I'm talking about the 50-70mph driveline vibration that multiple owners have had cars lemon lawed over.

Sponsored

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I would like an aluminum gated shift plate to replace the leather boot.

mojo2008

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Not to perpetuate an old thread, but....

I mentioned this before and it's not practical (might be doable for verts), but I would love to see rear quarter panels with integrated scoops. And since it's an engineering project, let's make them functional!

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
Not to perpetuate an old thread, but....

I mentioned this before and it's not practical (might be doable for verts), but I would love to see rear quarter panels with integrated scoops. And since it's an engineering project, let's make them functional!
What function would you like them to perform?

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Aluminum/ Carbon fiber shifter paddles that are NOT stick-ons. Also, taller.
My G37 I had before the mustang had by far the best paddles I've ever used. They were about the same height as the extensions from LMR or wherever, but they were magnesium with leather trim. Every gear change was a solid click with just the right amount of travel.

88531d1209926534-paddle-shifters-base-model-problem-n121800167_31986643_8361.jpg
Sponsored