Sponsored

MAP DP failure - can you help

Mwarn84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Yeah, I emailed MAP. They said they would fix it. I'd have to pay shipping to and from. MAP said shipping would likely exceed the cost of a local welder repairing it for me. The bracket that broke off the DP is in three pieces. The weld on the DP wasn't the only weld that failed. Taking it all the pieces to a welder and hoping they get the angles right and there won't be fitment issues concerns me.
I'm thinking it over right now.
Muffler shop charged me $10 to weld both side back together lol.
Sponsored

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
MAP should be responsible for the shipping.

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
MAP should be responsible for the shipping.
Agreed, or they should reimburse the shop costs if he has it done locally (with their permission). Either way, if it's a failure of their welds, they should cover it fully.

OP
OP

mtpavelka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I'm not sure what their policy is concerning shipping cost for warranty parts. I let them know that I was not the original purchaser of the DP. Their reply was the warranty is for the original purchaser only. They said they would over look that and would repair it but I had to pay shipping two ways. So if I was the original purchaser do they cover shipping cost? Do they stand behind the parts they manufacture or not?

It my minds eye they welded the part wrong. They burned the weld in to deep and the pipe was thin were the bead started. The hole in the pipe is the EXACT shape of the bead. Then what about the other two welds on the bracket. They failed also.

IDK. It just sucks. You can see in my SIG that the only parts I have are MAP parts. I got my Cobb AP and tune from MAP back when Adam was with them. Not like they haven't made money off me.

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
Oh, if it's secondhand, and that's their policy... I guess that may be different. :( I dunno either, it sucks either way.

Sponsored

Anthony@FFtec

Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS300
Only one weld pass, on one axis, on a thin walled material? .... failure is inevitable.

Boosting Stangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Competition Orange
Seeing that the part is second hand, I believe they are being more than fair to repair at no cost other than shipping. Regarding the company making money from sales of their products has no bering to the circumstances of the downpipe. They're in business to make profits. It's the responsible thing to do for the employees, RND, and survival.

Santos_S550

SANTOS_S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost 2.0T Premium Package
MP SHITTY SERVICE

THIS HAPPEN TO ME TOO!!! I called them they wanted me to send them the entire piece to "verify" that it indeed was a manufacture issue. What an inconvenience!! took it to my local shop took them less then 10mins from lifting the car to re-welding that part back on. Matter fact they didn't even charge me to do it .. from their opinion on the welding from MP(very shitty job).. :frusty:

OP
OP

mtpavelka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
THIS HAPPEN TO ME TOO!!! I called them they wanted me to send them the entire piece to "verify" that it indeed was a manufacture issue. What an inconvenience!! took it to my local shop took them less then 10mins from lifting the car to re-welding that part back on. Matter fact they didn't even charge me to do it .. from their opinion on the welding from MP(very shitty job).. :frusty:
Same thing here. I just took it to a local muffler shop. They didn't charge me for the repair either. The whole thing boils down to the fact you would expect the part to hold up to it's intended use.

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Matt, we have these donuts in stock if you still need one

Sponsored

Santos_S550

SANTOS_S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost 2.0T Premium Package
just get it welded back on simple job .. I was very disappointed with MAP knowing I have spend a lot of funds with them and thinking up upgrading my turbo

Spoolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost PP 6spd Manual
Happened to my mishi downpipe too Not even going to bother amailing them hearing all of your stories. I'm just going to get it rewelded on and sell it.
Sponsored