Sponsored

New 2017 GT350.... finally....

unixadm

H1711
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Update: The car has arrived. Took exactly one week from the day I decided to buy it to the day it arrives in California from Texas. Not bad!

20170105194710-2b0cbc3b-me.jpg

This has been a long road. I tried this when the GT350 came out and I was unable to find a car, so in a moment of frustration, I bought a 2015 Charger Scat Pack. Good engine and transmission... the rest of the car was meh. It was also a boat and much the big brother Hellcat, it was good for straight line for the most part.

Ended up parting ways with the Charger sooner than I thought I would because I just didn't fall in love with it. Been kicking around the idea of a new Raptor or trying to secure a GT350. Found a few below MSRP and made a deal with a dealership in Texas for a 2017 Lightning Blue GT350 with Black OTT stripes along with the convenience package. Out here in Cali, cooled seats are a big plus for me, though I prefer the Recaros. It was not flagged by Ford as part of the recall for the oil cooler lines, so I took the plunge yesterday for $400 under MSRP. Not an amazing deal by any means, but a lot better than trying to buy one in California, even after factoring in $1,500 for shipping. Car was built on 8/29/16.

Hoping to have the car in about 10 days, but for now, I'll leave you with some showroom pics the salesman sent me. I can't wait for it to show up!

20161228152302-eb315062-me.jpg

20161228152309-fd02925d-me.jpg

20161228152247-980b89b0-me.jpg

First mod will be the Steeda clutch spring which I ordered last night. Not sure what will follow - the car is so nice out of the box that I don't have that normal urge to mod the hell out of it. Maybe the fact I'm going to be 40 pretty soon is adding to my maturity level so that I leave stuff alone.... nah!
Sponsored

Last edited:

K code

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT K Code Convertable / 2017 GT350
Congrats,
I have the twin to your car.
You are going to love it,its worth the wait.
IMG_0211.jpg

RR350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
H2043 / HR650
This has been a long road. I tried this when the GT350 came out and I was unable to find a car, so in a moment of frustration, I bought a 2015 Charger Scat Pack. Good engine and transmission... the rest of the car was meh. It was also a boat and much the big brother Hellcat, it was good for straight line for the most part.

Ended up parting ways with the Charger sooner than I thought I would because I just didn't fall in love with it. Been kicking around the idea of a new Raptor or trying to secure a GT350. Found a few below MSRP and made a deal with a dealership in Texas for a 2017 Lightning Blue GT350 with Black OTT stripes along with the convenience package. Out here in Cali, cooled seats are a big plus for me, though I prefer the Recaros. It was not flagged by Ford as part of the recall for the oil cooler lines, so I took the plunge yesterday for $400 under MSRP. Not an amazing deal by any means, but a lot better than trying to buy one in California, even after factoring in $1,500 for shipping. Car was built on 8/29/16.

Hoping to have the car in about 10 days, but for now, I'll leave you with some showroom pics the salesman sent me. I can't wait for it to show up!

First mod will be the Steeda clutch spring which I ordered last night. Not sure what will follow - the car is so nice out of the box that I don't have that normal urge to mod the hell out of it. Maybe the fact I'm going to be 40 pretty soon is adding to my maturity level so that I leave stuff alone.... nah!
Congratulations! You will love it. We had a car identical on our showroom not very long ago! Looks even better in person.

OP
OP

unixadm

H1711
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
K Code -

Looks like you've only had yours for a few weeks! Looks great and congrats to you too. I love this color and it was a hard choice between Magnetic or Lightning blue. I went with this color combo since it reminded me the most of the Liquid Blue show colors Ford used when launching the car for press events. I fell in love, thought about Avalanche as well, but I think I made the right choice.

I'm know there are a couple GT350's running around Sacramento based on folks on the boards, but I have yet to see one in person out in the wild.

Sponsored

K code

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT K Code Convertable / 2017 GT350
I picked up my car on 12/8 .
I have only driven the car 56 miles due the weather in New England.
The Lightning Blue really pops in the sunlight.
This forum has a lot of good information to get the most out of these cars.

Enjoy.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely Gorgeous! Exactly how I would of ordered it.
Enjoy!

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Wow nice ! I mulling around a deal I have for a 17GT350 magnetic with the black stripe. I never realized how good these cars look in person. It was the electronic package with the recardos. I was surprise how the recardo's fit me...(I guess it helps I have dropped some pounds)

The only thing is I would have to give up Roxxy for the GT350. (Modded 11GT500 in my sig) Roxxy is paid for, and I would def need to sell it or trade it to get the 350. I am not quite sold on that ideal as of yet. But man was that a beautiful car, and in truth I did not know how much more room the new style had. Sigh...decisions decisions...

OP
OP

unixadm

H1711
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Yeah. I've only ridden in a convertible GT S550, never even drove one. I just want one, so what the hell. My first Mustang was a 2005 GT 4.6L 3 Valve 5-Speed and it was a fun little car with gobs of wheel hop. I think this will be one heck of an upgrade over that car! :)

I was a little worried bout the Recaro comfort long term, since my 2009 C63 AMG never fit me quite right with it's extremely bolstered seats.

One interesting this is that I may actually track this car on occasion which is something I've never done before, mainly because I never had a car which would survive on the track more than a couple of laps. One of the guys I work with is a driving instructor and he spends a bunch of time at Thunder Hill raceway in Northern California. I think I may ask him to introduce me to a different world of driving.

Sponsored

nosoupforyou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350, 16 Camaro 2SS
Congrats! I almost bought this color as well, but went with the magnetic with blue stripes.

I'm in the same boat as you, waiting for shipping, though I've been waiting since the 1st (Maine + Shipping a car in winter sucks!)

:headbang:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

That is a great start ... but here at Steeda, we take great cars & make them better :)

Enjoy the ride!

Best Regards,

TJ

cattivo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geno
Vehicle(s)
17GT350
Congratulations! Texas seems to be the state for deals. My research found several there at least at MSRP. But, I thought 30 August was the cutoff for the recall?

OP
OP

unixadm

H1711
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Congratulations! Texas seems to be the state for deals. My research found several there at least at MSRP. But, I thought 30 August was the cutoff for the recall?
As did I, but the car came up clean on the recall check. So who knows. I'm not complaining! haha.

I found a great deal in Kentucky for $2,100 off MSRP but the car was on recall hold.
Sponsored