Sponsored

How does it FEEL with a Procharger???

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Why didn't you like it? :shrug:
A lot of guys prefer turbos or Pd blowers since they build boost right away, makes for better low end power. The centris build boost with RPM so power will be linear unless you do a torque booster setup. I honestly don't mind the linear power, makes for a "like stock" feel down low around town and just pull and continue to pull up top. I mostly drive on the highway anyways.
Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
It's like unicorns running ��
We spend countless hours here making sure our unicorns are best of the breed.

Feels like you're in the Millennium Falcon jumping to lightspeed.
4587709-7892424433-tumbl.gif

Feels like your first time ;)

It's not a fast and furious pull where you snap your neck. It is more of a refined controlled pull that doesn't stop! Pulls harder and harder. Now if you are at 60 in 6th then drop to third and floor it all bets are off, your neck will break and tires with it. At 8psi it will feel like an airplane taking off. Little slower at first then before you know it you are sunk in your seat and can't lean forward.
Love this review... I remember my first time in boost as well....
Still addicted. :)

Back when mine was making 550 HP with the HO kit it ran a 10.80 in the 1/4 mile ... Compare that to a stocker running mid to high 12s .. The HO kit is one of the best bangs for the bucks hands down .. Easy install and runs very hard for 4000 pound car ..I wanted more as must people do , so I pulley down and now run E85 tune ..Lets just say I'm very close to 700 HP now and still drives like a stocker on the street as long as you don't floor it ..lol :)
"Drives like a stocker, on the street, as ling as you don't floor it" = Win!

I recently finished my stg 2 procharger install and its on the stock procharger tune. I've made a ton of wot pulls so far and I can say that it's not crazy and very smooth and progressive. There isn't a big hit, at least rolling into it at about 3-4k, just a steady hard pull that doesn't let up and actually as the revs come up it pulls even harder. It pulls hard enough that if im going through a bend and hitting 4th or 5th gear, im careful to not be full throttle because with the stock pirellis you have to watch for wheelspin and if it spins at that speed it's going to want to step out quicky. I need new tires for my aftermarket wheels. 1st and 2nd are useless at full throttle. It will spin the tires at anything under 50-60mph. So, basically the car drives like normal to me under 4k, but when you get in it... it pulls like a freight train and really pulls super hard at 6-7k. The speed is deceptive. It is very manageable power, but you end up at high speeds really quickly. I love starting in 3rd and go wot, hit 4th it pulls, hit 5th and doesn't let up. Just keeps pulling hard till you let off. I seem to end up at 130-140 in no time.
Glad to see you are loving the kit, and loving the ProCharger tune that comes with it. :) :cheers::headbang::ford:

mmc

9 Second Warrior
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan GT-R
I'd call it deceptively fast. It is very progressive and not a hard hit. While that may not impress your friends as much, smooth is fast..

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
it won't FEEL that fast since the power delivery is linear and smooth. it should feel fast to you because you haven't experienced other power adders but I urge you to consider a VMP TVS for a street light to street light car. I don't think Turbo would be good for you because you want a set it and forget it setup. The VMP TVS embodies that.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Ahh not sure about you guys but with 373's and a set of tires that will hook up as long as give them a little time to warm up,it will pin u too your seat.Sure i can make the tires smoke through 1,2,3 rd gear,but i can also put most of my power down,unless its very cold out.The power is linear like most stated but with my gears i still have some low end torque and then when the boost starts rollin in its crazy!!!!.My son cant stop laughing when he is in the car.I have a video of a 50 to 120 mph pull,crazy fast the speedo climbs.

Sponsored

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
As most have said, the power is linear so the faster you go, the faster you go...lol

The HO kit is awesome bang for the buck, and its capable of making all sorts of power.

Let us know if you need any other info.

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because he's trying to help BW sell some single turbos, which have essentially the same characteristics as Procharger's Turbo-on-a-Stick.
I hope you're joking

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Because he's trying to help BW sell some single turbos, which have essentially the same characteristics as Procharger's Turbo-on-a-Stick.
this....turbo vs centri on the street the centri wins on linear power delivery. Turbo lag sucks, at least when you are waiting for 30+ psi to show up it does... maintenance wise, turbos are also more work. Then You have to worry about boost spikes, wastegate creep, blab blah blah... don't get me wrong, I have always been a turbo guy; but now LOVE my PC. I did however make my PC more like a turbo but I digress...

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Why didn't you like it? :shrug:
I'm not a drag racer to rev the engine to 6-7K on the strip to get the power. Centries are more efficient on the engine, better IAT and more manageable as the power curve [TQ] builds gradually. This is a great S/C, if you have room on the road to take it up to high RPM and will do well.

But, on the street, where you're limited with space and RPM, where you can't take it to over 4-5K RPM before she wakes up, after some time you start getting frustrated that you've added more strain on the engine (via S/C belt), you spent the money and you can't get that quick boost that you need in that limited time and space. By the time I had finished the S/C and supporting items, installation and tuning, I had spent over $12K and didn't get the joy I wanted. And I ended up selling the car.

The PD S/C can have the reverse frustration, where the TQ comes on so fast and so hard that you can't get traction, and keep spinning your wheels. And I've had that too.

From experience, on two different cars, I've found TT fall in perfectly in between. You get the time to hook and by 4000 you're in full boost.
Single Turbo is more tricky to get the perfect size turbo, otherwise it could have a long lag and will feel like centri.

There are 3 vendors coming out with single turbo kits, but since you mentioned you work hard in two jobs, I think a lowered price night fit you well, like the one from BoostWorks and we should be seeing it soon. So, I suggest to wait a bit longer and you might get the perfect F/I kit.
Once you see each kit's curve, it will tell you which one fits your application.

Hope this answer your question. (And no, I have no affiliation or hate for any product or vendor) ;)

Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I enjoy my car plenty on the street and haven't been pulled over once. This car makes gobs of power as soon as you put your foot into it. If you want to be higher in the rev range just downshift. My Terminator is Whippled and I enjoy this car just as much if not more.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Looking at some dyno data, Procharger HO (/w Procharger tune) is making approx +120 rwhp at 6000 rpm , 5.2 pounds of boost. It may be a bit more these days. Procharger is currently advertising 60-65% and I seem to remember 50-55% not long ago. I assume it will need intake, headers and Lund tune to make PD level power.

Last edited:

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
this....turbo vs centri on the street the centri wins on linear power delivery. Turbo lag sucks, at least when you are waiting for 30+ psi to show up it does... maintenance wise, turbos are also more work. Then You have to worry about boost spikes, wastegate creep, blab blah blah... don't get me wrong, I have always been a turbo guy; but now LOVE my PC. I did however make my PC more like a turbo but I digress...

Considering I've had Procharger, Paxton, TVS, and now TT the most laggy is the centrifugal.

Max boost at 6,500rpm while my twins make full boost at 3k rpm

The Centri is a good blower if you want to save $$ upfront
The VMP TVS is if you don't mind spending a little extra and want reliable/maintenance free
Turbo(s) are if you like tinkering and want power everywhere and want to make 100-300 extra rwhp with the push of a button

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Ahh not sure about you guys but with 373's and a set of tires that will hook up as long as give them a little time to warm up,it will pin u too your seat.Sure i can make the tires smoke through 1,2,3 rd gear,but i can also put most of my power down,unless its very cold out.The power is linear like most stated but with my gears i still have some low end torque and then when the boost starts rollin in its crazy!!!!.My son cant stop laughing when he is in the car.I have a video of a 50 to 120 mph pull,crazy fast the speedo climbs.
Post said video please :cheers:

turbo50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Having both a turbo car will rape a sc car pound for pound and lag is useless to bring up in a conversation about racing because your gonna stay in boost the entire time
Sponsored