z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
That is correct.

So basically a Beefcake special Stage 2 with id1000's and BAP, swapped to a 4.5" pulley because of my altitude. Nothing else done to car at the moment.
I had that same setup at sea level and on a DynoJet made 667/561.
Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Anyone with these new kits have there cars dynod? Finally got mine tuned by Lund but haven't been able to find a avaible dyno since christmas time and curious what they are making with headers etc. Have a 605whp ctsv wanting to race. And idk why my car feels significantly faster but not sure if it's 605whp fast..I got the stage 2p1 expecting it to be able to easily be at 630whp at least but I raced a stock 16 z06 and idk if I'm shifting at right rpm or what but was basically even.... Stock those make like 540whp and I know they weight less but I just expected more. I'm seeing people post crazy numbers at like 640/490+on these new stage 2 p1 kits but feel like mine won't even be at 600whp.. What gear are you guys staying at when racing or what is the best gear to start in and what rpm so I'm in boost when racing this thing cause this is all new to me. BTW lots of evo drivers are wanting to race but at this point I'm intimidated cause if I can't beat a z06 boosted when they shit on them I'll feel like this procharger was a waste and go whipple or something. I love the procharger and the sound is intoxicating!! And I know it's got alot of potential just curious if out the box with all I have why doesn't it feel like much?? I could just be a shitty driver too lol
Who did the tune?

OP
OP
Deadmau5

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
Lund did my tune !

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Ha should have read the first part. Not sure why you are not walking away from a z06. The ctsv will be a non issue. They are heavy! As a former evo owner thought, don't even think about racing them from a dig. 50+ roll or you will get snapped off if you spin.

PC is for sure not a waste, take it to the dyno and see what it makes. In the end it may just be a driver Mod that's needed. You spinning to 7750 by chance?

mmc

9 Second Warrior
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan GT-R
I had that same setup at sea level and on a DynoJet made 667/561.
People get caught up in numbers, but at high altitude it is what it is. My GT-R is 2 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile compared to our Mustang and I have never put it on a dyno because playing the dyno compare game up here is pointless unless comparing with a local. Road tuned up through the top of 3rd gear and then tune finalized at the track. Drove down to the track in Phoenix and picked up 7MPH in the 1/4 just from altitude drop.

Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
People get caught up in numbers, but at high altitude it is what it is. My GT-R is 2 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile compared to our Mustang and I have never put it on a dyno because playing the dyno compare game up here is pointless unless comparing with a local. Road tuned up through the top of 3rd gear and then tune finalized at the track. Drove down to the track in Phoenix and picked up 7MPH in the 1/4 just from altitude drop.
Looks like he is just down the road from me. Our temp and pressure levels here lately have created negative DA. Boosted cars in north Texas are in heaven right now. Plus we are at ~900 ft elevation so altitude isn't really an issue.

I'm running low boost at 12 psi right now and raping everything I have ran against over the past few weeks. We are both Tuned by Lund, I do have a slightly different set up but it shouldn't be vastly different.

Deadmaus, can you share a log with us? Like a new 3rd gear pull? I will compare it to my recent Revised tune from Lund.

mmc

9 Second Warrior
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan GT-R
Looks like he is just down the road from me. Our temp and pressure levels here lately have created negative DA. Boosted cars in north Texas are in heaven right now. Plus we are at ~900 ft elevation so altitude isn't really an issue.

I'm running low boost at 12 psi right now and raping everything I have ran against over the past few weeks. We are both Tuned by Lund, I do have a slightly different set up but it shouldn't be vastly different.

Deadmaus, can you share a log with us? Like a new 3rd gear pull? I will compare it to my recent Revised tune from Lund.
For most of the track season, we are running between 6500-8000 DA here. :(

OP
OP
Deadmau5

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt

Car will be dyno'd the 4th and right now I believe my redline is at 7200 not quite sure forgot to ask. Also I thought 5th gearr is the 1:1 ratio so should I dyno in 3rd or 5th? Also how do I send you my log from a 3rd gear pull.. Do I send you what I sent Lund?

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Car will be dyno'd the 4th and right now I believe my redline is at 7200 not quite sure forgot to ask. Also I thought 5th gearr is the 1:1 ratio so should I dyno in 3rd or 5th? Also how do I send you my log from a 3rd gear pull.. Do I send you what I sent Lund?
Dyno is different than just a data log. Don't need ya to hit 160 mph :). Stick should be in 5th on the dyno if I remember right.

You can upload a data log to the forum as an attachment. I know we different tunes but your timing should be about the same considering we are neighbors and are using the same gas etc...

Are you running colder plugs by chance?

OP
OP
Deadmau5

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt

Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Looks to me you are missing a degree or 2 of timing. It may be gas related so I would try a fresh tank first.

OP
OP
Deadmau5

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
I'm new to this all. But what could a degree or 2 of timing mean??? I only use shell and quiktrip as they have the highest detergent rating in Texas I believe. I'm on full quiktrip gas right now

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Which one is timing on log? And what should you see?

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Saoft is timing. I am seeing on most logs, including my own around 19* to 19.5 at that rpm and higher. Could be false knock or bad gas pulling it back. 1 or 2 degrees isn't going to feel a whole lot different but it is lost HP and across the powerband it won't feel as strong.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Saoft is timing. I am seeing on most logs, including my own around 19* to 19.5 at that rpm and higher. Could be false knock or bad gas pulling it back. 1 or 2 degrees isn't going to feel a whole lot different but it is lost HP and across the powerband it won't feel as strong.
So how do you attach it? I was going to put mine up. Mine shows 21.5 and knock is at -3.9 from 4500 - 7000 rpm
Sponsored