Sponsored

BMR's "CB005" S550 IRS Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit - PICS & INFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I still bought one. Hopefully your CB005 lives up to the hype!
Cant wait to install it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
It is a great mod.

As a matter of fact - it is the very first and only (currently) suspension mod I have done on my '16 PP car. ;)

brian.cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011/2017 Mustang GT
Got my CB005 today, can't wait to get them installed. Are they supposed to be slightly different per side? Each brace seems to have a slightly different angle and length.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
J&M bushings

I got mine yesterday and will install at next oil change about 700 more miles. I bought the J&M subframe aluminum bushings as well, and I understand I need to cut the front two down a 1/2" for proper fitment?Well, I did cut the 1/2" off the front aluminum bushings and my mechanic used a washer to firm up the fit.
No NVH to speak of.
tn_DSCN1322.JPG
tn_DSCN1318.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Got my CB005 today, can't wait to get them installed. Are they supposed to be slightly different per side? Each brace seems to have a slightly different angle and length.
They will be slightly different when comparing.

That is just how they turned out, after designing, fabricating and fitting them on 4 different cars in house.

If you have any issues with installation, we are a call away.

You got a great kit, enjoy! :headbang:

Sponsored

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Depends on the bushings you are referring to.

CB005 vs Poly Cradle Bushings
-CB005 is MUCH easier to install
-Overall price is actually cheaper with CB005, if time is worth money
-CB005 is not permanent. Once you cut the bushings out, there is no turning back
-CB005 has practically zero NVH increase, compared to a moderate NVH increase with Poly
-CB005 PERFORMS EQUALLY to the Poly Bushings.

*We designed and released our Poly Bushings first, as the demand was HUGE from the market....but there is a chance we would have never released the Poly, if the CB005 was finished with development before the Poly Bushings.

CB005 vs Delrin / Aluminum Cradle Bushings
-CB005 is MUCH easier to install
-Overall price is actually cheaper with CB005, if time is worth money
-CB005 is not permanent. Once you cut the bushings out, there is no turning back
-CB005 does not perform as well as Solid Bushings.
-Solid Bushings offer the ultimate performance, and the best cradle positioning compared to anything available
-NVH is MUCH greater with solid bushings

90+% of my customers, I have them go CB005. If they want more, then we step it up to the BK048 Solid Style pieces.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Is the only reason to do this vs full bushings, the labor? Bushings are cheaper, and seem the better fix.
I had Delrin for the cradle from BMR on my previous 15 Ecoboost and did the cb005 on my gt350.

Honestly for what I do with the car the cb005 is fantastic, it really is the best part made for the s550 chassis hands down

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
so finally bought and installed this lockout kit. honestly didnt know what kind of results to expect but holy cow what a surprising and welcomed difference. rear feels so planted and more comfortable to drive. i love it.

MattW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT w/ PP
This looks promising. I have 17 GT PP and experience wheel hop in turns at low speed. I wish to make minimal mods to my car and no track work. Just spirited driving on mountain twisties. Is this the ticket? This would be the only suspension work (besides better tires).

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This looks promising. I have 17 GT PP and experience wheel hop in turns at low speed. I wish to make minimal mods to my car and no track work. Just spirited driving on mountain twisties. Is this the ticket? This would be the only suspension work (besides better tires).
This will stabilize the rear end and make both ends of the car feel like they're working together. When I put it on, it gave me a lot more confidence to put power down coming out of corners. It definitely reduces wheel hop by a big amount. The hopping you notice in low speed turns is reduced by this, but also heavily driven by the vertical links bending and springing back. I would do CB005 first, drive it for a bit to see how happy you are, and then do vertical links if you want more. The rear LCA bearing is supposed to make a big difference too, but that is A LOT more involved. The CB005 can be done in an hour on jack stands, taking your time.

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
They will be slightly different when comparing.

That is just how they turned out, after designing, fabricating and fitting them on 4 different cars in house.

If you have any issues with installation, we are a call away.

You got a great kit, enjoy! :headbang:
Uh-o, I hope the shop that installed mine knew that...!!!

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
Better tires and the CB005 will make a pretty big difference. Especially once you get those Pirelli's off. For a while, I had just the CB005 and the BMR vertical links and wheel hop was significantly decreased. For minimal mods, this would be a good setup.

CB005 isn't a hard install and the vertical links are cake.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Uh-o, I hope the shop that installed mine knew that...!!!
honestly i dont think they could have messed it up. i checked both on one side just to see if it mattered and i dont think any sane person would be able to mess up the sides. i just dont think they would fit.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.