Boost Works Single Turbo Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
If you are nervous about tapping your pan, we can provide a scavenge pump and fitting to return it to the oil filler cap location. Or, we can get you set up with a Comp oil-less turbo.

Multiple options.. Something for everyone.
Would definitely want a solution that is 100% reversible and a true bolt-on that one can do at home by themselves. That is the big attraction about Pro Charger kits, they are a doddle to fit and easily reversible. :)
Sponsored

pwnall1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Would definitely want a solution that is 100% reversible and a true bolt-on that one can do at home by themselves. That is the big attraction about Pro Charger kits, they are a doddle to fit and easily reversible. :)
would be nice to have a turbo kit that doesn't replace the headers. I mean I spent good money on my headers already :p What about a Y style DP to feed the turbo? and then go back to dual on the way out? rear mounted single turbo? lol!

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor, 99 corvette, 2015 PP mustang gt
even when you drill the pan its easily reversible by just installing a plug if you ever removed the kit.

ill be watching this, i really want to ditch the whipple for a turbo kit, im in the air about twins or single... ive never owned a "big" single car.
the price point is much more attractive the the current twin kits.

solshinobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium , Kona Blue, 10 Spd Auto
I'm looking at this as well. I am curious of the dyno graph comparison between a big single and twins with hp relatively the same. What hits sooner? I am guessing twins. What holds longer across the power curve? How does torque look. I'd like to keep my 3.73 gearing for now. It seems that a big single would be more suitable on first thoughts.

Sponsored

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
I'm looking at this as well. I am curious of the dyno graph comparison between a big single and twins with hp relatively the same. What hits sooner? I am guessing twins. What holds longer across the power curve? How does torque look. I'd like to keep my 3.73 gearing for now. It seems that a big single would be more suitable on first thoughts.
Two big advantages you get with single is that, the single gets 100% of the charged air energy unlike 50% in TT. And having a shorter route than TT, will speed up the energy transfer.

These two advantages give the kit more room to play with turbo sizing. I'm sure Travis will do a good job with this kit.

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
I'm subscribing! Been missing boost lately.

Killswitch16GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP
I need to sell my Stage 2 D1SC kit!!!

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would this kit work with a GT350 manifold? I am assuming no, besides, no reason to really keep it i guess?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Would this kit work with a GT350 manifold? I am assuming no, besides, no reason to really keep it i guess?
It might need trimming on the coupler but it should work. There is every reason to keep an upgraded manifold with turbos. This isnt a pd blower where it wouldnt work

Sponsored

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
It might need trimming on the coupler but it should work. There is every reason to keep an upgraded manifold with turbos. This isnt a pd blower where it wouldnt work
That's correct for a GT350 mani, where the TB location is the same. For those who are swapping to a Holley, I could see an issue with the TB position if the charge pipe can't be adjusted.

However, I'm sure Travis would gladly make a change to the pipe to accommodate manifold swaps.

KYLExKILLJOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 years, 2003 Mach 1 D1sc, 2002 4.2L
Sub'd --

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was mainly concerned about the intake and coupler, which has since been mentioned. Of course i could get some more power WITH the 350 mani, but that could also help fund this kit purchase, if sold. :D

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I was mainly concerned about the intake and coupler, which has since been mentioned. Of course i could get some more power WITH the 350 mani, but that could also help fund this kit purchase, if sold. :D
Better power band with the manifold. Dont be a cheapy. :ford:

Status
Not open for further replies.