Sponsored

ARK Performance | GT-S Lowering Springs | Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ARK Performance

ARK Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Why are these on the market when it seems like no testing and final adjustments have been made ?
These were tested on our Mustang GT here for several months before offering them. The drop and spring rates are listed.

But what I'm saying is right now we are working on the suspension again (not the springs) so it will need to be aligned again after. At that time I should be able to get the most recent specs for you guys.

It also depends on what you are doing with your car (track, daily, aggressive fitment) and what other suspension components you have to give you more adjustment.
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Haha... my camber is setup for track work right now and soooo NOT stock if that what close to stock numbers are, hahahaha. Oh man...

OP
OP
ARK Performance

ARK Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Haha... my camber is setup for track work right now and soooo NOT stock if that what close to stock numbers are, hahahaha. Oh man...
Haha yeah of course it's best to setup your suspension based on what you use the car for, but as a daily driven car we set the specs back to "OEM" which is what you see here.

Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
The springs would all be the same fitment, but yeah the weight difference would cause the drop to be different.
We haven't tested the production set out on the Ecoboost yet, we want to do that first and then decide if we need to make adjustments and create a new set just for that car.
We took a look at the OEM suspension during development for all 3 motors, but basically made these springs based on our Mustang GT here for appearance.

The spring rates are

Front: 6 kg/mm (336 lbs/in)

Rear: 16 kg/mm (896 lbs/in)
Holy cow, that is some serious stiffness in the front. You basically doubled the PP front spring rates and increased the rear by 23%. I would think you essentially increased understeer on the car, which already has a significant amount already. Any feedback on how the car performs yet?

How much do these weigh? Do you have shock/strut recommendations as well as sway bar recommendations?

OP
OP
ARK Performance

ARK Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Holy cow, that is some serious stiffness in the front. You basically doubled the PP front spring rates and increased the rear by 23%. I would think you essentially increased understeer on the car, which already has a significant amount already. Any feedback on how the car performs yet?

How much do these weigh? Do you have shock/strut recommendations as well as sway bar recommendations?
When we were doing testing with our Mustang GT here we did not notice any excessive understeer with this setup.

I don't have the exact weights on hand, but I'll see if we can get a set pulled out and weighed tomorrow. We design our springs to work with OEM shocks and sway bar, all testing was done on out GT without the PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.