Sponsored

Sync 2 & Android 7.1 reading all my text messages

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
I have the Pixel XL as does my wife. She has a 15 edge and I have the 15 Mustang. If we get a text in the car the car begins to notify us of ALL the unread texts we've had since we were in the car last. VERY annoying and makes the screen pretty much unusable from the pop up notification of the new texts and the beeping.dependi g on how many texts I get this could take several minutes. Any idea how to fix?
Sponsored

Jesse R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 2003 Mach 1
Same problem with my pixel. I just turned off text notifications on sync for now

OP
OP
Jeepwx03

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like this is a fix in 7.1.1. It was released Monday, but I haven't been able to get it OTA yet. Hopefully soon.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepwx03

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It will come early. Both my wife and I know of 4 people and all came early

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
I have to ask all you guys on Android 7 (I have the LG v20 running Nougat) have you found the Easter Egg yet? If not, and you're easily entertained, go to Settings, About Phone, then click Android version (a bunch of times I think?) then you'll get the little pretty screen that shows Nougat. Tap a few more times and you'll see a stupid cat. Easter egg is now unlocked! Back out, and drag down the notification panel and click "Edit." Notice there's an Easter Egg icon. If you put it in your quick settings, it becomes and empty dish. If you touch it, you can select from 4 kinds of food. Fish, Chicken, Bits, or Treat. The idea is to "bait" cats. Pick one and wait, use your phone normally and you'll eventually get a notification that a cat is nearby. Click the notification, and now you have a cat. (I know, this is stupid) You can either put something else in the empty dish and keep collecting all the hundreds of cats, or just never fill the dish and no more notifications.

Senseless? Yes.... I now have like 30 cats.

Brazenbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have to ask all you guys on Android 7 (I have the LG v20 running Nougat) have you found the Easter Egg yet? If not, and you're easily entertained, go to Settings, About Phone, then click Android version (a bunch of times I think?) then you'll get the little pretty screen that shows Nougat. Tap a few more times and you'll see a stupid cat. Easter egg is now unlocked! Back out, and drag down the notification panel and click "Edit." Notice there's an Easter Egg icon. If you put it in your quick settings, it becomes and empty dish. If you touch it, you can select from 4 kinds of food. Fish, Chicken, Bits, or Treat. The idea is to "bait" cats. Pick one and wait, use your phone normally and you'll eventually get a notification that a cat is nearby. Click the notification, and now you have a cat. (I know, this is stupid) You can either put something else in the empty dish and keep collecting all the hundreds of cats, or just never fill the dish and no more notifications.

No, you telling me this was good enough for me LOL

Sponsored

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Not sure with the Pixel, but on Note, and Galaxy phones you can choose what profiles you want to send texts to over Bluetooth. I.E. you can opt not to send them to the radio but still send them to a watch.

Jesse R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 2003 Mach 1

I have 7 cats since you posted this lol :headbonk:
Sponsored