Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
So here we are, spending our hard earned cash on Steeda suspension to have a car that handles like it's on rails. Problem is, it's a long haul to The Firm or Sebring and we drive EVERY day. Unfortunately, Florida is mostly flat and twisty roads are few and far between. How to get that fix?

Where are your favorite roads to break away and have a little spirited driving? Not just a place to open it up and break the law in a straight line, but a nice sprint through a tight turn or something that will challenge the suspension, if only for a minute.

When I lived in Port Orange, I would freqently make the trip to Orlando and back. One of my favorites was getting off of I-4 onto SR44, then breaking off onto Pioneer Trail. It's only a few miles long, but has at least 3 good curves. When the road is clear of traffic, it can be a blast to drive.

I found this link to biker recommendations on the net, but mostly just easy riding back roads.

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/states/fl.html
Sponsored

OP
OP
SR56

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Last edited:
OP
OP
SR56

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Somewhere near Lake Alfred / Winter Haven...

[ame]

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Those two videos brought to my attention how thankful I should be of where I live from a driving perspective. We have more curves and elevation change in the suburbs of Atlanta than that, let alone the twisties an hour away in the mountains.

[ame]

That still doesn't stop me from spending a week at the beach down there though. ;)

OP
OP
SR56

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I relocated from Atlanta back down to FL. I didn't have the Mustang up there, but there are definitely some fun roads in GA/TN/NC/AL.

Sponsored

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Steeda PP, Competition Orange,
Dade City/San Antonio has some great routed, just be careful on Saturday and Sunday mornings there are a lot of bicyclists out there from 7:00-11:00am. I-75 @ SR52

OP
OP
SR56

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Clermont/Minneola has some fun twistee's and hills. Not as good as TN and GA but for us it is fun

OP
OP
SR56

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Clermont/Minneola has some fun twistee's and hills. Not as good as TN and GA but for us it is fun
I used to run a route out that way a long time ago. Oakland, Minneola.... If you've got any specific routes that could be fun throw 'em out there.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
GA has some great roads.

But please, even if you don't see anyone, STAY IN YOUR LANE!

Sponsored

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Moved from West Palm Beach to bay area about 2 years ago. MUCH better roads out here. I can even hit them on my way home from work and it doesn't take that much longer to get home.

OP
OP
SR56

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Moved from West Palm Beach to bay area about 2 years ago. MUCH better roads out here. I can even hit them on my way home from work and it doesn't take that much longer to get home.
Out in CA? I was stationed out there for 4 years in 29 Palms. I used to go to the LA area quite often, and there were some fun roads for sure. There was a sweet mountain pass you'd have to go through to go from the High Desert to the lowlands. Tight turns, elevations... FUN.

While being stationed in the Mojave wasn't much fun, there is a LOT of open road between CA and AZ/NV out there to hit triple digits. I once made the 300 mile trip from Phoenix to 29 Palms in 3 hours, and I even stopped for fuel halfway in Desert Center.

I-10 between AZ and CA you'd always wind up running with some cars or bikes that wanted to fly. I had a Saleen with the SSC package and Vortech, along with some other work. That car would scoot up to 175 and still have room to play. The Vette ZR1's of the day and some bikes I think got surprised.

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
yep driving through the desert is awesome. I enjoyed driving around the NV, AZ, CA etc areas when I went to the hoover dam, death valley, and grand canyon. it was a LOT of driving, and we only rented the cheapest hyundai that they had, but the scenery is so different from Florida.

Beeline highway is fun for speed. Actually, most of florida is flat and straight. Here, you can have a lot of fun at 30-50mph.

OP
OP
SR56

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Went to the VA hospital in Lake Nona today and decided to detour to the Nova Rd. run. It's not twisty, but damn it's good for straights and speed.

There are a few raised culverts/hills, but plenty of room in between. Wide open flat plains so you can see traffic in both directions for at least 3-4 miles on a clear day like today. There are a few side roads or entrances to property, but there is plenty of visibility to see if anyone is coming. Once you get past one little neighborhood community heading from Narcoosee/441 to 520 it's nothing but open space and farms. The road is also very smooth other than a few little spots. Looks like they keep it up with paving.

I was able to use the Track Apps for the first time. Learned a couple things. Make sure you've got the Track option selected and not just Sport+ or that traction control kicks in.

This road runs between 520 near the BeeLine (528) and 441 out by Narcoosee Rd. It's probably a bike run on weekends, but if you get out there during the week it looks like the road is all yours other than a few cars. Seems like most of the traffic runs 520 to Narcoosee since I was the only car heading the other way.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
SR13 in Jacksonville between Julington Creek and SR16 is a fun stretch of road with usually little traffic.
Sponsored