Sponsored

SYNC being flaky

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
I have a base GT stang, so I have SYNC II.

About every couple of months stops streaming the audio from my phone. It says it's connected, then disconnects.

I have tried master resetting and re-pairing my phone several times.
The issue seems to resolve on its own after about a week.
I've also renamed and re-booted my phone.

Any one else having this annoying issue and know the fix?? :shrug:
Sponsored

OP
OP
15GTBEN

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
my sync is up to date and sucks. prior to the last update it would drop bluetooth connection from my iPhone every ride while streaming. since the update it is dropping satellite reception. considering i dont DD the car when i jump in it i want it to work and i want to enjoy it. add in my rear bumber starting to fall off and the dealer playing dumb, Ford is losing me fast.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have not checked.

Thanks for the link.
15GTBEN,

Keep me in the loop!

my sync is up to date and sucks. prior to the last update it would drop bluetooth connection from my iPhone every ride while streaming. since the update it is dropping satellite reception. considering i dont DD the car when i jump in it i want it to work and i want to enjoy it. add in my rear bumber starting to fall off and the dealer playing dumb, Ford is losing me fast.
aham23,

Check in with Sirius to have them reset the signal to your vehicle. They can be reached at www.sirius.com or at 888-539-7474.

Cara

Sponsored

NotBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Base)
I have a base GT stang, so I have SYNC II.

About every couple of months stops streaming the audio from my phone. It says it's connected, then disconnects.

I have tried master resetting and re-pairing my phone several times.
The issue seems to resolve on its own after about a week.
I've also renamed and re-booted my phone.

Any one else having this annoying issue and know the fix?? :shrug:
This happens to me about once every couple of months. Here's the fix:

Hold power button and "next track" (the right arrow track button) for about 5 seconds. The screen will flash "sync reset transmitted." Leave the thing alone for about 2 minutes while it resets itself (can be done while driving) and everything will be kosher.

Edited to state that this works when a master reset does not.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I usually have to contort in the pass foot well and pull the sync fuse. This absolutely works, as does disco the battery but then you wipe all your radio presets, too.

OP
OP
15GTBEN

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Hold power button and "next track" (the right arrow track button) for about 5 seconds. The screen will flash "sync reset transmitted." Leave the thing alone for about 2 minutes while it resets itself (can be done while driving) and everything will be kosher.

Thanks man! This was the fix for my issue:cheers:

I did not update my SYNC yet either.

Silver_Bullet_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rashad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium

gonna have to try this...thanks for the tip

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE

Worked for me last nite when Sync went ape shit and gave me a bluetooth connection error.

Sponsored

Randy954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Pp
Coming from a 2014 Mercedes e350 using the COMAND infotainment, the SYNC system is garbage. I drop Sirius reception at least 2 times everytime i drive my car. Also my phone does the same thing. It will connect and then disconnect in the middle of a song for no apparent reason. I even tried a different phone with the same results. I've told ford about it and they said there's nothing they can do but just reset it which they tried already with no luck. ANND im using the newer SYNC 3.

I honestly dont know if the Mercedes COMAND is the best infotainment system out there but its sooooo much better than my mustang. Granted were talking a premium luxury car that was 72k brand new but still this is a new car with a newer system that i paid almost 40k for. Ford even gave me a Fusion hybrid rental and the sirius was just fine. I didn't even notice it dropping signal unless i was under an overpass which i believe all cars do that. If the new update doesn't fix my reception i will be selling the car and maybe get a new m3 or a Lexus rc-f :)

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
This one is A LOT better than my 13 Edge that one's bluetooth was psychotic in behavior, the Mustang is much better in connecting and staying connected. I frankly objected to the premium package and MFT just because of how wonky it was in that Edge. I bought the Mustang base because of it.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have checked the link and it said my car has no updates. Last update Dec 14 2014. Does that sound right?
Since the updates are vehicle specific, I'm unable to speculate if that is right or not. However, PM the VIN and I'll double check for you.

Cara