$350 Install?

OP
OP

billross77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
For the record I would have gladly paid $350 for what I went through this weekend. My car sounds amazing, and I wouldnt give it back for the world, but my old ass is beaten up and bruised. If you want to do it, these boards will give you everything you need, but it was really a hard task for the average joe like me.
Sponsored

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
What speakers did you get? Amp? And did you get a processor? Also, wat mounting brackets did you use for the speakers?

OP
OP

billross77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I used an MB Quart 800.4 amp. Channels 1/2 combine Infinity Reference tweeters with inline 4500hz crossover and Kicker KS 3 1/2s...all set to high pass around 600hz. Channels 3/4 are 6 1/2 midwoofers (two are Punch Pro, two are Power Acoustic), set to high pass around 100hz. It needs a crossover to limit the highs on the mids to around 600hz. Other than that, it sounds pretty good. Way better than the stock crap. The volume us HUGE!

cwrx82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Am I crazy to think that $350 is too much to pay an audio shop to install an amp and speakers in my car...not including the A pillar tweeters? Not to mention the fact that he swears up and down that I need to buy an LOC in addition to this. Hey @OEMRadio do you know of an S550 qualified audio installer in the DFW area that can do this for a reasonable price?

FYI...this is with me providing the amp, speakers and amp wiring kit.

I also live in Ft. Worth and in the market for an audio upgrade, which shop was it, if you don't mind me asking? You can DM me if you'd prefer.

OP
OP

billross77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I went to Sound Werk on Davis Blvd and Crank it Up on Rufe Snow. I am sure they are great places, but they are a business, and they make money doing what we cant or dont want to do. Trust me, if I can do these upgrades myself, anyone can do them. Its just a matter or research and patience.

Sponsored

grumblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
For the record I would have gladly paid $350 for what I went through this weekend. My car sounds amazing, and I wouldnt give it back for the world, but my old ass is beaten up and bruised. If you want to do it, these boards will give you everything you need, but it was really a hard task for the average joe like me.

I did a 2-day install back in October of last year and it crushed my 55 year old body. So much so that the system has sounded like crap since then - and until this past weekend, I've done nothing about it. Finally soldered up an new connector with line-level outs to replace the hack job I did back then and it fixed my issues. Now I'm debating on paying someone to build me a custom amp rack for the trunk and clean it all up for me. I don't want to ache for a week again.

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
I am in a similar boat. I have most of my gear here after ordering it. I found out today that I have an issue in my right shoulder, the AC joint. Never even new I had one! I took this week off of work and now I just may be grounded!
Sponsored