Stereo base 4.3" head unit upgrade: Ideas? Plans?***

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015. Ruby Red
Scosche said they may have info on their in dash kit by SEMA in November. No exact ETA yet though. Can't wait for a nice double din kit to run an aftermarket nav/stereo.
Maybe by Sema Nov 2016? Maybe not :(
Sponsored

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
As it stands, myself and I suspect many others have no desire to replace the stereo. But fast forward about 5 or 6 years, the electronics failing, maybe, and the cost of the sync and stereo parts (there are companies who repair these), and I could see ditching the whole thing for a single unit if it had some similar bluetooth features. It could be a hot seller down the road, just not now and I think that's why we haven't seen it yet.

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015. Ruby Red
As it stands, myself and I suspect many others have no desire to replace the stereo. But fast forward about 5 or 6 years, the electronics failing, maybe, and the cost of the sync and stereo parts (there are companies who repair these), and I could see ditching the whole thing for a single unit if it had some similar bluetooth features. It could be a hot seller down the road, just not now and I think that's why we haven't seen it yet.
You may not be interested in replacing, but just the existence of this 59 page thread shows many are.

16stangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Need Help!

I have the 9 speaker setup with 8" touchscreen and want to do a full on upgrade, all high end.

Is there still no way to run a high end system while keeping the factory screen or fit/finish along with Nav capability, etc.?

If not, are there any same sized aftermarket touchscreens that allow me to keep the clean factory appearance and knobs below the screen?

I'm not concerned with expense...

I'd like to run all Hertz speakers with a JL audio 12w6 and either JL or Hertz amps...

Sponsored

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
It has been done, but I think only Alpine did a show car. You say cost is not an issue, but how rich are you? The problem is that the faceplate you see is just a controller for the units behind and it controls the climate control and some traction control and steering settings as well as the radio. You can't cut it in half to make room to mount a radio. With a bezel, if you have room in the front now, maybe you can relocate components to make room behind. Many have done high end systems while keeping the factory radio. There is a guy on here who can reprogram the radio to output clean un equalized audio AND at pre-out levels. But I kinda like the factory time alignment.... That usually requires an expensive DSP, but if you're doing a high end install, then adding a DSP is no big deal.

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Speak for yourself :crazy:/. Personally I can't wait to ditch the base radio. Tired of the bluetooth having a mind of its own, awful sound and no RCA pre-outs. As soon as Schosche releases their kit, order will be placed...:headbang:

OP
OP

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Speak for yourself :crazy:/. Personally I can't wait to ditch the base radio. Tired of the bluetooth having a mind of its own, awful sound and no RCA pre-outs. As soon as Schosche releases their kit, order will be placed...:headbang:
Has anyone heard an update from Schosche on a planned bezel kit release plan or date? Last time I asked in May of 2015, they said not sure but maybe by end of 2015. That meant it was not even in their plans.... but it could happen. :doh: I wonder if it still is not in their plan due to being such an expensive undertaking with possibly glitchy outcome.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
KevinG, it's just harder than it looks or we would already have a kit. For a Mustang? Not like there's not a market.