Sponsored

11/18/16 2017s Produced but, Still Awaiting Shipment

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I'm interested to learn how many 2017s are still in Awaiting Shipment status as of right now. As you know, [MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] has stated that the production and shipping of GT350s & GT350Rs will be suspended from mid-November thru mid-March. Is your car also produced but not yet shipped. Below freezing temps are expected tomorrow. Are our cars being protected?
Sponsored

KS10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350R
I'm interested to learn how many 2017s are still in Awaiting Shipment status as of right now. As you know, @FordService has stated that the production and shipping of GT350s & GT350Rs will be suspended from mid-November thru mid-March. Is your car also produced but not yet shipped. Below freezing temps are expected tomorrow. Are our cars being protected?

Hang in there FPCV8YO, there is hope yet. Obviously no guarantees, but my R has been awaiting shipment since 10/21 and finally went into transit last night. Don't know what that means for others, but the train was still running as late as last night. Best of luck to you!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Are our cars being protected?
No they are not. They will sit out in the elements under feet of snow and ice until spring comes around. Then they will take their time to ship them. You could go over to flat rock and try to get a peek at your new ride through the fence (before the snow sets in), but you would probably get chased off by a security guard.

I guess I'm am sort of glad mine has not been built yet.

Yea ford!

:ford:

(Please excuse my sarcasm. I ordered mine back in April)

Last edited:

K code

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT K Code Convertable / 2017 GT350
My car was built on 10/26 and has been awaiting shipment ever since.
I was told by Ford Performance that if the car has not shipped by today it would not ship until mid March.
I know there was a train that left Flat Rock about 8 days ago headed east and my car was not on it. My delivery date is 12/7, I'm not real confident that will happen.

OP
OP
FPCV8YO

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
My car was built on 10/26 and has been awaiting shipment ever since.
I was told by Ford Performance that if the car has not shipped by today it would not ship until mid March.
I know there was a train that left Flat Rock about 8 days ago headed east and my car was not on it. My delivery date is 12/7, I'm not real confident that will happen.
Is that acceptable to you? Are you ok with your car having been left outside thru a MI winter? They should not have produced anything that they couldn't ship before the shut down.

Sponsored

K code

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
This is not acceptable to me. I have started the process is of trying to find a car within a 125 mile radius of me to get a car in my garage.

I won't pay any adm.
Must be Lightning Blue with black stripes.
Leather

Needless to say I am having a difficult time locating a car that meets my criteria.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The only vote you get here is the one with your feet.

Ford doesn't care.

Your dealer doesn't care.

Certainly your rep doesn't care.

This is because there is more demand than supply, someone else would be happy to wait and purchase your car.

Who knows? Maybe it might get stolen. (yes it has happened)

I never thought I'd say that I'm happy mine isn't built yet.

Yea Ford!
:ford:

Last edited:

mombo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Triple Yellow
Tires and Battery???

What about the battery sitting for 4-5 months not charging :confused:

The tires should be Ok if they do not move the car in freezing temps?

Sucks having the car made but you can't get it :frusty:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Oh man, I feel for you guys... A five month moratorium on shipping.....
[MENTION=21800]Tomster[/MENTION] got it right with saying he's glad his hasn't been built yet :thumbsup:

I don't think there's much you can do except document when your car was built, keep track of how long it was stored, and inspect the hell out of it when delivered including the condition of the battery.

Here's to hoping there's not another mass grand theft of the GT350 :cheers: :D
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53036&highlight=Flat+rock

OP
OP
FPCV8YO

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Oh man, I feel for you guys... A five month moratorium on shipping.....
[MENTION=21800]Tomster[/MENTION] got it right with saying he's glad his hasn't been built yet :thumbsup:

I don't think there's much you can do except document when your car was built, keep track of how long it was stored, and inspect the hell out of it when delivered including the condition of the battery.

Here's to hoping there's not another mass grand theft of the GT350 :cheers: :D
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53036&highlight=Flat+rock
Yes, I'd much rather be in Tomster's shoes than mine right now. He's also dead right about voting with your feet.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
They should have been able to see that far out (logistics), whether or not there would be a train headed your way and if any problems with your car, got them fixed to make the train. There is no way a car headed for warmer climate should be sitting over the winter. It's BS
I wouldn't be suprised they pull the batteries on them all.

OP
OP
FPCV8YO

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
They should have been able to see that far out (logistics), whether or not there would be a train headed your way and if any problems with your car, got them fixed to make the train. There is no way a car headed for warmer climate should be sitting over the winter. It's BS
I wouldn't be suprised they pull the batteries on them all.
I happen to be in Logistics and couldn't agree with you more. It ain't brain surgery.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1566448&postcount=26

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Have they given you guys a reason for not shipping them? Everyday I'm surprised by the mindnumbingly bad decisions by Ford that only serve to piss off their customers. Why in the hell would they not ship them? If anything, they can get the sales in the books instead of sitting on the inventory. Their corporate culture and decision making is very very strange.

At the very least why wouldn't they let the customer do the paperwork at the dealer and pick it up from the plant if they wanted to? Is it that hard to give somebody a visitor pass and open a gate or two?

Last edited:

Sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350, '68 Firebird, '17 Raptor, '18 Macan GTS
I'm interested to learn how many 2017s are still in Awaiting Shipment status as of right now. As you know, [MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] has stated that the production and shipping of GT350s & GT350Rs will be suspended from mid-November thru mid-March. Is your car also produced but not yet shipped. Below freezing temps are expected tomorrow. Are our cars being protected?
What!? How sure are we of this? My was built 10/27. Dealer said early December delivery just last week. I don't think I will be waiting around until March as they screwed up my color combo anyway and omitted my request for a black roof.

K code

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Would Anyone from Ford like to chime in on this matter?
(Crickets).......
Sponsored