Sponsored

2016 Factory Over-the-Top Racing Stripe 47A Option ...

Pablotheartist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
1700$ stripes

I actually wanted these stripes as well and i contacted my dealer to source them out for me. About a week later the rep called me saying that the stripes come straight from the ford factory as sections. Sourcing out the whole kit came out to 1700$

i found a graphics shop here in miami to copy the fade pattern for me, they charged 300$ ans it came out awesome!
Sponsored

KS_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Just found this thread while Googling mustang stripes. The fade-out design is interesting. I have contacted my local Ford dealership about information on the decal kit and he needs a VIN number on a striped Mustang to get me information. Is there anybody on here that wouldn't mind sharing their VIN on their faded stripe mustang? P.M's would be fine if there is a reason you don't want to post it in this thread.

If the price is indeed almost 2g I might go the replica route but then I would need the dimensions of the stripe as well which I can hopefully get from my local ford parts department. I assume it's a standard 5 inch dual stripe?

Thanks!

L

KS_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
I actually wanted these stripes as well and i contacted my dealer to source them out for me. About a week later the rep called me saying that the stripes come straight from the ford factory as sections. Sourcing out the whole kit came out to 1700$

i found a graphics shop here in miami to copy the fade pattern for me, they charged 300$ ans it came out awesome!
You have any pictures you can share? I have a 2016 Triple Yellow mustang so I'm looking at the ebony stripes for it. Do you remember the dimensions you gave to the shop? I think the decal would have to be clear right?

Here's the look I'm going for:

rAQ6fnM.jpg

On another note.. I wanted to add the California style spoiler replacing the little nub that came on my baby.

This was the only one I could find:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/141966938652?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

I'm hoping it bolts up to the same places as the factory nub.

Here's a 2016 yellow Cali from the rear:

KLhd5wE.png

Pablotheartist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
They're not the best photos but this is how it came out. I'll be honest, it's not as faded as the factory ones but for what it is I'm happy for 300$ lol
IMG_0024.JPG
IMG_0025.JPG

OP
OP
stangs-R-me

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Wow Pablo, that turned out nice ... great alternative to the expensive factory ones !!

Doug

Sponsored

KS_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
a1RXc1c.png

I found a picture of another yellow one on a dealer lot. It looks like your replica stripe kit is a bit wider no?

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Just found this thread while Googling mustang stripes. The fade-out design is interesting. I have contacted my local Ford dealership about information on the decal kit and he needs a VIN number on a striped Mustang to get me information. Is there anybody on here that wouldn't mind sharing their VIN on their faded stripe mustang? P.M's would be fine if there is a reason you don't want to post it in this thread.

If the price is indeed almost 2g I might go the replica route but then I would need the dimensions of the stripe as well which I can hopefully get from my local ford parts department. I assume it's a standard 5 inch dual stripe?

Thanks!

L
There for a while the stripe kits through the dealers were on back order. I added the Steeda Q-Series spoiler to mine and wanted my factory fade stripes to match over top of the spoiler. I finally found a trunk lid kit at a dealer in Texas for $130.00. I looked EVERYWHERE to get them.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
On another note.. I wanted to add the California style spoiler replacing the little nub that came on my baby.

This was the only one I could find:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/141966938652?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

I'm hoping it bolts up to the same places as the factory nub.

Here's a 2016 yellow Cali from the rear:

KLhd5wE.png
I had the mini blade spoiler too and looked at the GT Calif Special three pedastal spoiler. Won't work w/o leaving 3-4 holes (some good sized ovals!) visible. So I went with the MMD Foose spoiler from American Muscle. If you do buy one of these, demand they open the box and inspect for clear coat spots that are visible near ends. It took four replacements before they stopped just shipping the next box and actually took a heat gun to fix the spotting.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
BigWorm graphics

Anyone found these faded stripes from BigWorm Graphics or other aftermarket? Or solid in silver? Can someone measure the stripe width and gap between? Are they exactly the same width thru out? Often stripes taper.

Curious of peoples preferences for stripes that stop at the top of the front grille and top of the trunk vs. going down over the front and rear bumpers.

I 'think' I like the more subtle not over the bumpers look, but not sure. I think silver on my DIB would look nice. Like the OP, I do like the more subtle look of faded stripes. But mine being a convertible, no over the top, but would you include the stripes in the short section above the windshield for a convertible?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Curious of peoples preferences for stripes that stop at the top of the front grille and top of the trunk vs. going down over the front and rear bumpers.
I slightly prefer the look of over the bumpers. But that makes the front more susceptible to rock chips. Not sure how to repair those. Can you get touch up paint that matches strip colors? And if so, how do you get a clean edge for the "hole"? I've never had vinyl so don't know if the edges of a chip stick up from the surface.

Sponsored

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I slightly prefer the look of over the bumpers. But that makes the front more susceptible to rock chips. Not sure how to repair those. Can you get touch up paint that matches strip colors? And if so, how do you get a clean edge for the "hole"? I've never had vinyl so don't know if the edges of a chip stick up from the surface.
I don't know, but I'd guess vinyl would be much less prone to 'chipping' as it is soft vs. hard, brittle and thin paint. Anyone with stripes able to report how the paint vs. vinyl looks on the front of your car with rock chipping?

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)

Pablo,
$300 for the stripes and installation? If not, how much for installation?
Did they tell you or can you ask what brand of stripe they found that had the fade?
What types of shops to do look for that do stripes well?

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Anyone found these faded stripes from BigWorm Graphics or other aftermarket? Or solid in silver? Can someone measure the stripe width and gap between? Are they exactly the same width thru out? Often stripes taper.

I 'think' I like the more subtle not over the bumpers look, but not sure. I think silver on my DIB would look nice. Like the OP, I do like the more subtle look of faded stripes. But mine being a convertible, no over the top, but would you include the stripes in the short section above the windshield for a convertible?
That's what mine is, DIB w/ silver stripes. I can send you pics if you want and measure the stripes. PM me your number if you want and I'll send you some pics.

Pablotheartist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Pablo,
$300 for the stripes and installation? If not, how much for installation?
Did they tell you or can you ask what brand of stripe they found that had the fade?
What types of shops to do look for that do stripes well?

Yeah 300 for the stripes and install, when they told me that price i jumped on it lol everywhere else here in miami wantes 500-700. yeah they told me it was the oracle beand. And what they do is they have a giant printer machine there and a graphic designer created the fade ater taking the measurements of my car, and then printed the design onto clear glossy vinyl. It came out perfect!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yeah 300 for the stripes and install, when they told me that price i jumped on it lol everywhere else here in miami wantes 500-700. yeah they told me it was the oracle beand. And what they do is they have a giant printer machine there and a graphic designer created the fade ater taking the measurements of my car, and then printed the design onto clear glossy vinyl. It came out perfect!
I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying they put color on clear vinyl? Did they put it on the outside or on the inside and then put adhesive on after the color? If they put the color on the outside, I would worry it wouldn't be as durable as however the factories do the color.

This is very interesting because it sounds like you could get colors the vinyl makers don't offer in addition to fades and things. Also it sounds like you could get adjacent pinstripes without any seam or offset pinstripes with no edges between the main and pin stripes.
Sponsored