Sponsored

Aftermarket Stereo Install/Dash Kit for the S550 (soon)

2thpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Track Pack
That's awesome for those who want to keep sync. Me, I've removed all the sync components from my car including the head unit behind the dash that holds the factory cd player. I even disconnected the factory microphone and replaced it with the microphone for my aftermarket head unit, feed the wire all the way around the windshield under the trim so it's invisible. For me all my modifications were more about getting rid of sync than anything else. Sync was nothing but terrible and was so limited in what it could do if it worked like it was supposed to anyway. I now have 100% reliable Bluetooth and hands free calling. I was even able to get the rear view camera to display on the aftermarket head unit.
Your point speaks directly to what I asked. So as long as you swap in a new microphone (a better one), and find a way to hook up the camera to the new HU (which shouldn't be an issue, from what I understand), you can still retain all the SW functionality with the Scosche unit, correct?
Sponsored

OP
OP
jekyllrider@aol.com

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
Your point speaks directly to what I asked. So as long as you swap in a new microphone (a better one), and find a way to hook up the camera to the new HU (which shouldn't be an issue, from what I understand), you can still retain all the SW functionality with the Scosche unit, correct?
thats my understanding, but ive never used one of the sosche kits so i cant say for sure. from what ive read on other forums though, with any swc interface the ease of setup depends greatly on the head unit. ive heard good things about the maeastro but retaining sync doesnt interest me.

i dont think theres any way to speculate on how well this will work till people start getting their hands on them.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
the Scosche kit offered for the 2010-14 Mustang did not offer SWC integration, I dont see it being any different with this kit, youll most like need Maestro for that, the Maestro system was nice in my 2011, pretty much all plug and flashing your options with a PC

cthomp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Maybe it's just me, but I think the Scosche touchscreen control looks pretty cheesy. Would much prefer keeping the OEM physical controls.

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Maybe it's just me, but I think the Scosche touchscreen control looks pretty cheesy. Would much prefer keeping the OEM physical controls.
Being able to add an aftermarket stereo and utilize the steering wheel controls will be well worth it for those of us that are building a nice system...

Sponsored

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
Subbed. Thank God for this thread. I was thinking of doing a Tom Top but if I can hook up a nice HU and not have to deal with line out for my sub install I will be so freaking happy. Can not wait for this to be released.

kingofsting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Shadow Black / Redline Interior

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

kingofsting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

AJ_0000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I've been thinking about trying to do something with the factory radio, but if this is coming soon, I may just replace the speakers and wait for it. The climate control is not perfect, but that's Ford's fault for putting some of the controls on the touchscreen.

In the meantime, does anybody know of an aftermarket receiver that will be able to display the backup camera? That's the main thing I don't want to lose.

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been thinking about trying to do something with the factory radio, but if this is coming soon, I may just replace the speakers and wait for it. The climate control is not perfect, but that's Ford's fault for putting some of the controls on the touchscreen.

In the meantime, does anybody know of an aftermarket receiver that will be able to display the backup camera? That's the main thing I don't want to lose.
There is an input on the back of Pioneer touch screen headunits for a backup camera. Not sure if an adapter will be needed or if its the same as Ford uses...

nate154

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
I looking into an aftermarket unit as soon as I can. I'm really starting to dislike these other bezels. You can't rewind or fast forward music (on mine), it's really slow to skip tracks, the glare, the whole kind of system setup is just cheap looking. I'm already having errors I don't feel like looking into. It's looks good in the dash, that's about it.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Sub'd

kingofsting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is an input on the back of Pioneer touch screen headunits for a backup camera. Not sure if an adapter will be needed or if its the same as Ford uses...
Yes most Pioneer HUs have the camera input now. However, if the guidance lines are an overlay built into the HU and not the camera itself, then those lines will disappear when the HU is replaced. However, most Pioneer units come equipped with an adjustable guideline overlay, which can be set to your car's exact parameters. It's a PITA though; I did it on my 13GT using an AVIC X920BT and an el cheapo backup cam/license plate frame bought from Amazon (sold by a Chinese company I can't remember the name of)
Sponsored