Sponsored

NightParades' Shadow black ecoboost build****

Carfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
2 questions.

1.what did you use on the front lights to black out the side reflectors?
2. where did you get the rear rtr diffuser pieces?
Sponsored

OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great man, a couple of questions about the rear of the car...

1- How do you link the wing, was it hard to install and will you leave it unpainted?
2- Those little winglets in your rear diffuser, they look cool... Where are they from?
Thank you!
I love the wing, it is really easy to install and best part is no drilling and its really on there! I wanted to keep it satin the way it comes because it matches the rest of the lower trim on the car and adds some contrast.

The side pieces on rear bumper are part of RTR side splitters and come with the kit.

2 questions.

1.what did you use on the front lights to black out the side reflectors?
2. where did you get the rear rtr diffuser pieces?
The side blackout for front head lights is vinyl from http://www.anchor-room.com

The rear diffuser pieces are actually made by another member on here Dennis.P
They are individual diffuser pieces bolts to the rear bumper.

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
Awesome looking build. Love the wing and what you did with the front grille. Gave me some ideas!

Carfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thank you!
I love the wing, it is really easy to install and best part is no drilling and its really on there! I wanted to keep it satin the way it comes because it matches the rest of the lower trim on the car and adds some contrast.

The side pieces on rear bumper are part of RTR side splitters and come with the kit.

The side blackout for front head lights is vinyl from http://www.anchor-room.com

The rear diffuser pieces are actually made by another member on here Dennis.P
thanks!

not the diffuser pieces, the side pieces from RTR

Sponsored

5LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt base 6spd mans transmission
outstanding build!

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Thanks, unfortunately Dennis no longer sells these. I been debating between this and the GT 350 wing. Great build!

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Awesome build!

DarkHorse5.0

Project White Label
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 2015 GT PP
Nice build. Congrats on MOTM :thumbsup: Are you nightparade on Instagram as well?

Sponsored
OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

Spoolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost PP 6spd Manual
Finally more people are building the ecoboost to be more than a 1/4 mile car. I'm building my car to slide/grip don't really care about 1/4 TBH so this is great to see. Do you plan on adding an oil cooler?

OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Finally more people are building the ecoboost to be more than a 1/4 mile car. I'm building my car to slide/grip don't really care about 1/4 TBH so this is great to see. Do you plan on adding an oil cooler?
Hey, yes i actually do plan on adding one. I've checked out the Mishimoto unit and its nice but pricey. I know i can put one together for cheaper with a mocul thermostatic sandwich plate and some fittings and lines, its just comes down to finding out where and how to mount the cooler really. That was a project i was going to look at doing sometime in the near future.

Also yeah it would be interesting to hit the strip because i never have before and just see what i could run, but the car is being setup for mainly road racing and plan on doing some sliding around for fun haha.

Spoolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost PP 6spd Manual
Hey, yes i actually do plan on adding one. I've checked out the Mishimoto unit and its nice but pricey. I know i can put one together for cheaper with a mocul thermostatic sandwich plate and some fittings and lines, its just comes down to finding out where and how to mount the cooler really. That was a project i was going to look at doing sometime in the near future.
If you end up fabbing a mount I'll gladly throw you some money to duplicate one for me. I pieced together a oil cooler with thermo sandwich plate for about 250 but I had no idea on how to mount it to make it look professional. (I can't weld) :shrug:

OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
^Right on, i will let you know.

Also wanted to update on my new splitter, i winded up getting an APR carbon piece a few weeks back. I was looking for a little more aggresive splitter and liked how it follows the points of the chin spoiler where the steeda one was just rounded. I took off my front bumper again which is always fun ;^) lol and hopefully the last time for a while.

The APR doesn't come with any holes pre drilled so I removed the steeda splitter from my bumper and lined it up on top of the apr to drill it out identcally because the steeda unit fits very well and attaches very sturdy. Once i cleaned off the dust from drilling it then i attached it back on to the underside of my bumper and at this time i had been contemplating actually putting my stock grilles back in and figured this was the best time while bumper was already off haha. I dunno but i just kind of like how they are more modern looking and all one solid piece, but the best benifit of the GT grilles was the extra air flow so with this in mind before i snapped the stock EB ones back in i took a dremel and opened up a few more of the holes in upper right corner that leads to the intake duct and also opened the top row of honeycomb on the lower grille for a little more flow to the intercooler. Then i reinstalled the bumper and bolted the splitter back to the chassis, yay!

I had bought some cheapo universal fiberglass winglets from ebay that originally i thought about mounting to the side skirts in front of the rear tires. Well they didn't really want attach there with the rtr side splitters and i wasn't to fond of the look so i decided to try them on the front sides of the splitter, hey why not. They came with some 3m double sided tape so i pressed them into position and i liked the way it looked so then used 2 small self taping screws on each one to secure it to the splitter from underneath.

Here are some pics of the finished product right now with the stock grilles back in :thumbsup:

Out in the wild with the other stallions. This was from recent cars and coffee, all the crowds were left unscathed this time around no worries :^)

I also added a few vinyl stickers from my favorite parts and did a small roll call for an extra touch of flair and sporty vibe lol. I had my friend make a new rear window banner just like my old car had but in a chrome and green sparkle this time. I kind of want to powdercoat my calipers a dark green also but thats for a later time all together.

Sponsored