Sponsored

Procharger supporting mods

CoyoteGriffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm new to owning a s550 and a coyote car. My previous was a v6 3.7 s197 (loved it). My question here is what supporting mods do I need to a stock coyote to help get a good bit of power from the procharger.

I've been prowling the forums about OPG and balancers, with no clear answer. What about injectors? Does the gt350 IM help in this case or should I opt for a different one. My car will be daily driven and won't see boost but half the time I'm driving in the city. Thoughts and knowledge appreciated.
Sponsored

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I'm new to owning a s550 and a coyote car. My previous was a v6 3.7 s197 (loved it). My question here is what supporting mods do I need to a stock coyote to help get a good bit of power from the procharger.

I've been prowling the forums about OPG and balancers, with no clear answer. What about injectors? Does the gt350 IM help in this case or should I opt for a different one. My car will be daily driven and won't see boost but half the time I'm driving in the city. Thoughts and knowledge appreciated.

From what I have read OPG's are a must. If you are tracking the car then you will probably need half shafts too.

Dbeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Mustang
From what I am reading

OPG and CG are must and balancer is rwcommended.

I am getting kenne bell but need to order those supporting mods too.

Also I anyone knows how much is to install kenne bell and supporting mods that would be awesome too.

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Motor doesn't need to be taken out to do the job.

Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP

I went without touching internals and instead rely on an ATI damper to rev to 7,800. I will acknowledge that most people disagree with this. For supporting mods, the two most important things I think that no one has said is suspension and tires. This will allow you to actually put down your power to the ground.

OP
OP

CoyoteGriffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Is there a write up anywhere on the OPG install? I've been reading that with just an aftermarket dampner, it's more likely to fail with stock OPG. I can't say from experience since I never had such opportunity like the v8 market has.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Is there a write up anywhere on the OPG install? I've been reading that with just an aftermarket dampner, it's more likely to fail with stock OPG. I can't say from experience since I never had such opportunity like the v8 market has.
Thats not true,and it depends on which damper u go with,ati is the most recommended one and guess what eles ati makes??????Procharger.It is still a good idea to do the opg/cg for when those mishaps happen when racing.My buddie and i did his in a day and was not hard at all.If we would have not dropped the pick up tube bolt in the pan and went fishing for awhile it would have been adventure free lol.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
there is nothing you have to have, but there are supporting mods that are good, opgs, driveshaft and half shafts, etc.

feel free to call me and bend my ear on your combo and goals

Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So what are people's opinion on leaving a JMS PedalMax installed in a car getting a ProCharger Stage 2? Debating on whether to uninstall the thing or not? Will it get in the way or mess with the tune that comes from ProCharger? [MENTION=11041]ProChargerTECH[/MENTION] do you have any suggestion or info on this?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
So what are people's opinion on leaving a JMS PedalMax installed in a car getting a ProCharger Stage 2? Debating on whether to uninstall the thing or not? Will it get in the way or mess with the tune that comes from ProCharger? [MENTION=11041]ProChargerTECH[/MENTION] do you have any suggestion or info on this?
typically not needed with a tune

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
typically not needed with a tune
Thanks for chiming in. The lazy part of me just wants to leave it hooked up. Pretty pathetic really. I just need the push from someone telling me to pull it out. Will it hurt anything to leave it installed?

Maybe some unnecessary weight? LOL.

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
benkressler.clickfunnels.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Murdered out
For now I went with the OPG and crank gear to go with my ProCharger stage II. Soon I will need a clutch, driveshaft and axles. Taking a break from spending on the car for a few months. ;)

Furore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 6A
I feel like we have this discussion on here every single day.

While most of the people I consider reputable vendors on here (Beefcake, Lethal, Whipple, and a few others) will tell you that OPG, timing sprocket, and balancer/damper aren't required, they will all also tell you that they do them on their own cars when they go under the knife.

It's the same reason most of us did it when we installed our FI. Peace of mind at 7800RPM.

There are DOZENS of posts on here about the same topic... Feel free to read them yourself and use your own judgment. Read the one about the OPG fail and his battles.
Sponsored