Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Cliff notes:
Overall Experience: A-
Customer service: A
Pricing: A
Shipping: C+

So I ordered a Corsa catback during their Labor Day sale. I will say their customer service was very good. Typically heard back in 24-36 hours after I sent an email and their customer service chat was up pretty often. So from a customer service perspective I give them an A. Their pricing was very good and was significantly lower than I was quoted by several other vendors on the site. Now shipping on the other hand sucks. I ordered the exhaust over the phone on a Sunday (again excellent customer service) September 4. So since Labor Day was Monday the earliest they could order the parts would be Tuesday the 6th. Maryland speed told me 5-10 days to ship. Kind of long but ok it was a good deal. Fast forward 15 days the parts finally shipped and arrived today the 29th. Along the way I asked about shipping and they acted like they had no idea what was going on, and maybe they didn't but they stuck to the 5-10 days. Finally I got am email that it would finally ship. Just frustrating and got no explanation.

As long as pricing is good and I'm not needing something in a timely manner I'll do business with them again. They fix the shipping and I'm all in.
Sponsored

Last edited:

marylandspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
See this is the hard part about selling stuff.

Everyone wants the lowest price, and we strive to do that. However the lowest price also limits who we can buy from. To give you the price we did means we could only buy from one supplier. That supplier did not have that part in stock at that moment in time, and it had to come from the manufacturer. The manufacturers site says 10 business days. I told you that when you ordered. Unfortunately they missed their ETA and it shipped a week late. We do not get clear ship dates from this manufacturer. Stuff just ships when it does. I am sorry for that.

However the crux of the issue is that if you want the lowest price it does not normally mean the fastest. When we first talked you did not seem concerned about shipping ETA. It was only after you got the deal that the delay became an issue. For us, that is tough because when we do a deal like that, it leaves no room to scramble around and buy somewhere more expensive when you can no longer wait.

I mean on my side..it does no good to give you best price only to be called out here for slow shipping. Not when it was the manufacturer who missed their own ETA on their site.

OP
OP
5.oh

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Maybe you missed the rest of the review. you are correct I was ok with the 5-10 days (however 20-21 days isn't 5-10). Again was happy about everything besides the shipping. You never explained to me what happened even after I requested tracking a few times. I understand shit happens and communication is key.

I did call you out on shipping due to the fact that to the best of my knowledge YOU missed the ship date not the manufacturer or company you bought from. I also clearly stated I'd do business with you again. Out of the companies I talked to you had the best customer service and that counts for a lot......shipping isn't everything.

marylandspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Maybe you missed the rest of the review. you are correct I was ok with the 5-10 days (however 20-21 days isn't 5-10). Again was happy about everything besides the shipping. You never explained to me what happened even after I requested tracking a few times. I understand shit happens and communication is key.

I did call you out on shipping due to the fact that to the best of my knowledge YOU missed the ship date not the manufacturer or company you bought from. I also clearly stated I'd do business with you again. Out of the companies I talked to you had the best customer service and that counts for a lot......shipping isn't everything.
I guess I beg to differ. I take putting F+ under shipping has a negative review. Funny how in business everything is handled in business days, but when a customer wants to make you look bad with a number, they start counting weekends and everything. Either way, I am quickly learning my lesson, and it certainly means we won't be discounting these as much for everyone else because now I know if there is a delay I have to get it elsewhere or I will get negative feedback. There is no point in discounting like this only to be getting reviews with an F+ for shipping as a result.

OP
OP
5.oh

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
I guess I beg to differ. I take putting F+ under shipping has a negative review. Funny how in business everything is handled in business days, but when a customer wants to make you look bad with a number, they start counting weekends and everything. Either way, I am quickly learning my lesson, and it certainly means we won't be discounting these as much for everyone else because now I know if there is a delay I have to get it elsewhere or I will get negative feedback. There is no point in discounting like this only to be getting reviews with an F+ for shipping as a result.
Dude, seriously.....You're mad at me because I gave a review of your business and you didn't like the outcome. The point of the review is to give feedback to the company (and to other considering doing business with you) and let them know if there is anything that can be improved upon. Shipping is it.....fix that or at least communicate with the customer that something happened and you are working to resolve to get the order out ASAP. I never asked you to look else where for the items nor did I bitch and moan about the late shipment. I did let you know that if the items didn't ship on September 27th then lets just go our separate ways.

I am in no way trying to make you or your business look bad. I clearly stated I would still do business with your company for future purchases.

I adjusted the days to reflect business days.....its still 16 days...not 5-10 (took 15-16 to ship 18 to get to my door). The F+ was a Jack Black reference, so I adjusted to a more "appropriate" grade.

Do you feel that missing a ship date by 5-11 days deserves an outstanding review? The thing is I'm not even that upset about it. I am just giving testimony to my experience.

Sponsored

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Dude, seriously.....You're mad at me because I gave a review of your business and you didn't like the outcome. The point of the review is to give feedback to the company (and to other considering doing business with you) and let them know if there is anything that can be improved upon. Shipping is it.....fix that or at least communicate with the customer that something happened and you are working to resolve to get the order out ASAP. I never asked you to look else where for the items nor did I bitch and moan about the late shipment. I did let you know that if the items didn't ship on September 27th then lets just go our separate ways.

I am in no way trying to make you or your business look bad. I clearly stated I would still do business with your company for future purchases.

I adjusted the days to reflect business days.....its still 16 days...not 5-10 (took 15-16 to ship 18 to get to my door). The F+ was a Jack Black reference, so I adjusted to a more "appropriate" grade.

Do you feel that missing a ship date by 5-11 days deserves an outstanding review? The thing is I'm not even that upset about it. I am just giving testimony to my experience.
And I'll be the one to call you out:

Patience is a virtue. Good things come to those who wait.

I'm not sure what pricing you were given for your exhaust, but Maryland Speed already offers lower every day prices than most other vendors, and way lower than manufacturer. And then they're even willing to offer additional savings on top of that. I purchased exhaust (I won't use brand for the fact I understand their pricing isn't public) over the phone this past Sunday and was offered $300 less than other vendors and close to $400 less than the manufacturer. Branden, who assisted me with my order, was very helpful and did tell me shipping could take up to 2 weeks because of the possibility of having to order direct from the manufacturer. And you know what I said?

Yes sir.

I have no issue waiting for my product when someone is that willing to discount so heavily.

You want your exhaust within a week? Head over to AM. But have fun paying $300-$400 more :cheers:

Thank you Maryland Speed for the most outstanding pricing I've seen on this or any other forum. Please don't let this one ignorant review ruin the pricing for everyone else.

OP
OP
5.oh

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Please don't let this one ignorant review ruin the pricing for everyone else.
:amen:

Maybe you didn't read the conversation or even the entire first post.

2 weeks = 10 business days. I also agreed....i stated that. After 8 days without tracking I called to see what the status was. I was told it would ship in the 5-10 day window.

15-16 days= 3 weeks The exhaust finally get shipped.....now I stated that this was annoying and I was more upset what I couldn't get an accurate ETA or told what was going on.

Communicating that a customers order may be a week or more late could have helped.

Maybe you also missed the part where I said I'd do business with them again.

Sorry for my "ignorant" review. Ill be sure to make it more smartererer for you.

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
:amen:

Maybe you didn't read the conversation or even the entire first post.

2 weeks = 10 business days. I also agreed....i stated that. After 8 days without tracking I called to see what the status was. I was told it would ship in the 5-10 day window.

15-16 days= 3 weeks The exhaust finally get shipped.....now I stated that this was annoying and I was more upset what I couldn't get an accurate ETA or told what was going on.

Communicating that a customers order may be a week or more late could have helped.

Maybe you also missed the part where I said I'd do business with them again.

Sorry for my "ignorant" review. Ill be sure to make it more smartererer for you.
This response literally could have been cut down to a crying face and would have relayed the exact same message.

You define the lack of patience and gratitude society lacks today.

Hope other vendors take note from this. Keep the low prices, for the sake of people that actually have the patience to wait for a good deal. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
5.oh

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
This response literally could have been cut down to a crying face and would have relayed the exact same message.

You define the lack of patience and gratitude society lacks today.

Hope other vendors take note from this. Keep the low prices, for the sake of people that actually have the patience to wait for a good deal. :thumbsup:
Feel free to head over to my other review of another retailer.

marylandspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I will be 100% honest. And take this as you will. Any other community I sponsor, if I give someone a big discount, and tell them it will be two weeks..three weeks..whatever. They are chill and have no reaction. They understand the discount is in exchange for the wait.

But this forum for some reason..if it is not going to ship in 24 hours people act like their head is gonna explode. There is zero patience. We are geared towards best price..and it is not always fastest. This is expensive, handmade stuff, and we are up front as much as possible.

I recently had someone who we sold an exhaust to a few years back and needed another. He wanted me to give him the same price he paid for the same system two years ago. Well with price increases that meant selling it at cost. I did that to help a loyal customer. Told him two weeks.

Then over the course of the two weeks, I got a call every couple days asking where it was. This included two threats to cancel. He was telling me how he was asking other vendors to price match..and one would sell it to him for $50 more but ship immediately.

Then right at two weeks (when it is a day from shipping), he tells me his wife is making him cancel. At this point I tap out. All this hassle to make no money. So I tell him I cancel, and he will see a refund in a week.

THE VERY NEXT DAY a chargeback shows up for "credit not processed"...which costs me like $60 extra in fees. Even if I processed the refund the day he cancelled it would not have shown up before his chargeback.

What is wrong with people? This is expensive hand made exhaust and people act like they are ordering their dog food off Amazon.

Sponsored

ifly680g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Your prices are good but the problem I have is your sales people promise one date and it takes much longer than they say. Example: I ordered an Exhaust on 7/19 and was told it would ship in two weeks, No problem being I got a great price. The problem was it did not ship until 8/18 and I received it on 8/21. That was double the time estimated when I ordered.
I was patient and did not cancel but I can tell you the next time I order anything, it will be from Beef or one of the other vendors here, as they ship super fast and their deals are very good.

Just be honest with us, that's all I ask for.

marylandspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your prices are good but the problem I have is your sales people promise one date and it takes much longer than they say. Example: I ordered an Exhaust on 7/19 and was told it would ship in two weeks, No problem being I got a great price. The problem was it did not ship until 8/18 and I received it on 8/21. That was double the time estimated when I ordered.
I was patient and did not cancel but I can tell you the next time I order anything, it will be from Beef or one of the other vendors here, as they ship super fast and their deals are very good.

Just be honest with us, that's all I ask for.
Problem is, we don't have Ms.Cleo on retainer. When you get an ETA, it is an estimate. Some ship faster, some ship slower. We have some manufacturers that will say next week for 4 weeks and not care at all, so we end up at their mercy. For instance, the 5-10 days we quote on Corsa is actually DIRECT from what is on their website. They ship some same day, and some spill over. Many vendors would have the same wait apply.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what the discontent is but I got some coated headers from you all at one hell of a price. Catch was the long lead time. I agreed to the terms. Key was the communication of the long lead time and periodic updates.

Think it's been about a month (can't be sure as I haven't been counting the seconds) but they finally shipped today. Honestly, timing was of no consequence, just the end result: Bad ass headers at a really awesome price. I honestly can't wait to open the box up and lay eyes on them. I am sure it will be worth the wait.

Though to play devil's advocate, it probably best to curb the tone on responses. Whereas I get your position, catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Most of us see benefit to doing business with you, don't think you all need to defend yourselves much. Keep up the good work, look forward to doing business with you all again. ☺

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I can see both sides of the argument, however I think if the original timeframe will be exceeded, it's courteous to give the customer a heads up.

I understand that the deals are great, but it's not like you're giving stuff away for free either. If someone pays their hard earned money for some parts and they're anxiously waiting for them, missing the "estimated" ship time by over a week is gonna rub them the wrong way. I feel like what 5.oh wanted was a heads up "hey there was an unforeseen delay and you'll have your parts in a few days" would suffice for me... Just getting left in the dark is what really irks me.

Just my $0.02
Sponsored