Sponsored

Anyone try these eBay Intercooler pipes?

TEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4 - on its way to be traded
Mine pop off every onece in a while even with bead rolled pipes, are people kidding? Non bead pipes pop off like its nothing
Again, good quality tbolt clamps (wide band style), 4 ply silicone couplers (at least 3" past the end of the pipe) and Wallyworld hair spray. If you do this I promise you that you will never have an issue again whether you have roll beads or not. Old school DSM trick. Been doing this since the early 90's and I was using worm clamps then. Never blew a pipe...ever, even at 35+ psi on a t67 equivalent turbo.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I did that on the first GST that I built. I was poor and made my own pipes without beads. I did have hairspray and t-bolt clamps, but the upper charge pipe always had problems. I'm sure that people have probably ran non-beaded pipes with success, but given how the splash shield is setup on the EBM and what a pain it could be to try to reattach the pipes on the side of the road or in a parking lot, I'd always use bead rolled pipes.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
That's the best deal, instead of getting bent over and raped at those ridiculous retail prices. CX racing 2.5" polished S-pipe with rolled bead ends for cold side charge pipe under $25, for the win!
:headbang:
_
could you please send me a link so I can order them..

Sponsored

Spoolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost PP 6spd Manual
Mine pop off every onece in a while even with bead rolled pipes, are people kidding? Non bead pipes pop off like its nothing
You must not know how to tighten t-bolt clamps because I'm going on 5 month and no pop offs/leaks no bead rolls just aluminum piping. T-bolt clamps are kind of tricky because if you over tighten them they will pop, but once you have broken a couple you know their threshold. It's a lot more than you think usually but just don't go crazy.

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
it amazes me that the common owner can't see the difference of a quality charge pipe where a straight 3" long coupler is used to mate a correctly designed pipe from the turbo to IC and IC to TB
But rather have huge 90 and 45 degree silicone bends with universal pipes to piece together pipe kits like this car is a $2500 240 drift project

why replace with those parts? I'd sooner keep factory parts than replace with eBay garbage

SMH
Sponsored