Sponsored

Line lock for parking brake

JakePSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Performance Pack
Sorry if this has been covered before, however I did some searching and came up with nothing.

Is there any way to use the line lock as a parking brake? I know it only locks the front wheels, but only for a maximum of 15 seconds. Is there a way to lock it and keep it locked after the car is off? If it is possible, I don't plan on using it as such for normal use, just mainly for securing the front end when the rear is jacked up off the ground. Seems like it'd be safer than just chocks alone.
Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry if this has been covered before, however I did some searching and came up with nothing.

Is there any way to use the line lock as a parking brake? I know it only locks the front wheels, but only for a maximum of 15 seconds. Is there a way to lock it and keep it locked after the car is off? If it is possible, I don't plan on using it as such for normal use, just mainly for securing the front end when the rear is jacked up off the ground. Seems like it'd be safer than just chocks alone.
I would say no just based on years of automation experience and numerous safety courses. It isn't what it was designed for. Even if you find a way to trick the system to locking them, no telling what effect it may have using it longer and in a way it wasn't intended.

OP
OP

JakePSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Performance Pack
I would say no just based on years of automation experience and numerous safety courses. It isn't what it was designed for. Even if you find a way to trick the system to locking them, no telling what effect it may have using it longer and in a way it wasn't intended.
That was my thinking too but I didn't know for sure, or if anyone has ever even tried it. Or if anyone else had ever even thought about it.

Lol wtf!!!!!
Is my question that humorous?
Sponsored